September 21, 2014 | 2112 users online

Eyeliner - LORAC - Front Of The Line Pro in Black

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Ammiglammi

This is my favorite eyeliner of all time. It is easy to use and super duper black. It is also really long wearing. I have not found a better eyeliner than this. The only thing that sucks is how pricy it is. I can spend $20 on eyeshadows but it hurts when it's an eyeliner. I will repurchase though. Just wish it were cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Is this a great eyeliner? Absolutely. But, is this a great waterproof eyeliner? Unfortunately, no, it isn't.
To be honest, I don't know if this is meant to be a waterproof eyeliner; I know that it's meant to be longwearing, so I am assuming that waterproof is part of the deal. That and I can find no difference between this one and the supposed "waterproof" version.
I think that a lot of the other rave reviews sum up this eyeliner pretty well. It has a very precise felt tip for sharp, defined, easy lines, making it very easy to control and apply. It does need to be shaken a lot and kept at an angle where the product can still flow to the tip, though. The color is a pigmented black, which I appreciate very much, and actually has a sort of sheen to it, making it look bright and polished. This eyeliner is incapable of fading or smudging.
However, the staying power just isn't as impressive for me. I can say this very solidly because I am a synchronized swimmer. The entirety of the sport constantly hunts for waterproof makeup. I decided to upgrade to this Lorac eyeliner when my faithful Essence one finally ran out. Unfortunately, this wasn't exactly an upgrade in terms of its performance in the water. It runs awfully easily in the water, especially in the inner and outer corners of the eye- cue the disappointment. I use primer, and it still runs. It also can get washed away by watery eyes (thanks, allergies). It does stay well in any other situation, but in no way, shape or form does this eyeliner stay on in water.
Other than that, this is an absolutely great eyeliner. It comes in many colors, is relatively cheap for high end ($19 or $20), has gorgeous chrome packaging, and has a very forgiving felt tip. If you're looking for a great everyday eyeliner, then definitely check this one out, even if it's not exactly waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by cheesedippable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The thinness of the tip makes for very precise lines and the ink is so saturated with color. It's the only liner I currently use to wing my eyes. I had gotten it along with the pro palette and loved it so much that I did repurchase it, this time with a twofer deal with the cobra mascara, as a backup. The staying power is also great! Overall, I probably wouldn't repurchase this unless it comes with another good deal because it's so pricey, but you definitely get what you pay for with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by InkedDoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

The only liquid liner I've ever tried that doesn't leave a smudge under my left eye (yep, just my left) within an hour or so of applying. I don't love the ball-bearing pen (seems to need quite a bit of shaking), but I'll happily live with it for the results. The only downside is that it isn't available in the UK, so shipping is ridiculously expensive if you can't find a friend living/holidaying in the US to bring one back for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by anisabby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've officially almost used one whole pen of this eyeliner & I have to say I am in love. I've had this for about 6 months & it's still going strong. It's definitely drying out so I ran out to get another one, but for daily use in 6 months, I will hands down say this liner is worth the price tag.

At first I thought it was a felt tip pen but when you go to put the cap on, it's clear that it's a brush tip although it's VERY easy to use.

I will say that I used to be winged/cat-liner-challenged but with this eyeliner I look like a pro! It glides on soooo easily & it's so dark. It does have a glossy finish but I quite like it. I am a matte fanatic but the glossy finish isn't overly-glossy.

I can't say enough how much I love this but I do I do I dooooooo. I will repurchase til the end of time!

Btw, I've read that physicians formula (eye booster?) liquid liner is exactly the same for half the price, so if you're looking for a cheaper alternative id check that one out. I've never used it though so I can't vouch for those claims.

I do recommend getting this at ulta because both times I've gotten this, it's been in a set & it's been full size both times. The first time was with the pro palette & currently they are doing it with the liner, mascara, an eyeshadow & an eyeshadow primer (all full size) for only $28! I believe a full size for this liner is $20-23 so for a few bucks more why not?! Esp since I love the primer as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by emilydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is just the real deal. It's smooth and it's not a felt-tip. I just really like this product. One might compare it to the Physician's Formula 3-in-1 Eye Booster pen. I prefer the Lorac over the PF, but the Lorac is expensive. That's my only criticism.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner! I've used hundreds of eyeliners and searched high & low for the best felt tip eyeliner pen.. I've found it w/Lorac! This is by far the most opaque, pigmented black color. It last all day, drys fast after its applied, doesn't smudge at all, and just gives the most precise line ever. This is easy to wash off, doesnt irratate my skin at all, and really last quite awhile. I've had this pen for probably about 3 months now & its still going strong. So you absolutely get ur moneys worth! I will always repurchase this pen! At first I thought it was fairly pricey but now I feel it's definitely worth the price. This is my new HG eyeliner and I always have to have it in stock. I honestly don't know why I don't continuously hear about it because this is amazing. I hope Lorac always makes this product, I would cry if they ever stopped. Nothing compares or even comes close, this is the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp_0507

Love this eyeliner! I got it while it was on sale at Ulta for $11, regularly $23. It is a pigmented black liquid liner with a very precise flexible application tip. I have oily eyelids and this is the only eyeliner that lasts all day without smudging or fading. Would definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by lipstickfetish14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Been using it for 3-4 years after a long search for eye makeup that would not smudge and "relocate" to my cheeks over the course of the day. If you're looking for a straight, rich black line that dries pretty much instantly and won't bleed throughout the day, this is a great choice. The pen design is easy to use and applies well, too (as long as you are capable of a pretty straight line) - I find it so much easier than pencils, and definitely easier to handle (and less messy) than eyeliner gels that you paint on.

My only critique is that the Front of the Line PRO pen once in a while seems to be running out even when it isn't (goes on light), but this is seldom and maybe it does mean the product is running low.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by strangelove_addiction

Just throwing a different perspective in the mix. A friend of mine raved about this to me, but it didn't impress me for $30 CAD. The brush tip is great (precise, easy to use) and the colour is a true black, but the eyeliner formula was too watery and crept / feathered into every little line along my eyelids, which made it impossible to create a perfect line. Plus, it lasted only about 6 hr before smudging onto my lower lids, like every other liquid and gel liner I've tried except Avon Extra Lasting. The hunt for my HG liquid liner continues.