LORAC Front Of The Line Pro in Black

4.6

on 3/20/2015 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the few eye liners I would buy again. I can see no cons in this eyeliner. It is definitelt waterproof, smudge proof, and budge proof. I doesn't fade after 8 hours in a humid environment. It is also perfect for tightlining. I want to try if this is tears proof but I can't cry crocodile tears.

on 1/20/2015 4:31:00 PM

Not only would I buy this again, I want back-ups. Best eyeliner I've ever used. Not "too black", it's just right for my dark brownish-black lashes. When applied close to the lashline with mascara (which is so easy b/c of the amazing tiny brush), it makes my lashes look a mile long. My new HG liner....I don't seem myself ever NOT using this product.

on 9/26/2014 2:02:00 PM

This liner very much reminds me of stila's Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner--it is a precision brush-tip pen that dispenses very dark, fluid product, and it stays crisp and dark black all day (12hrs+ when I wore it, and through sweat as well). I think it actually dispenses a lot more product than other high-end brush-tip pens I've tried, including stila's Stay All Day Liquid Liner, Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, and Josie Maran Magic Marker Argan Liquid Eyeliner. You really don't need to apply pressure to get even a heavy line.

That said, the application can get really messy fast when I don't work with a light hand. And this product dries quickly and stays on so well, that if I messed up lining my eyes or applied too much pressure, the product is not very forgiving at all--I've had to redo my eye makeup completely once because there was no swiping away the faulty lines with a cue tip and makeup remover.

In fact, the product is so stubborn that it takes a little work to remove, even with waterproof eye makeup remover. I have to rub my eyes--and it's not good to be tugging on eyelids or I'd be looking at premature wrinkles--in order to get this product off at all. I think it even makes the skin look like it was slightly stained black/green from the product, so I do double-duty with my makeup removers to wipe it off completely.

This eyeliner has the best staying power I've ever tried; it withstands hours of wear, sweat, humidity, and even oil. But for $20 a pop, I almost found it a little more work than I would have liked when applying makeup because of the risk of messing up my liner, and then taking more time than usual to remove it at the end of the day. I like the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner and stila Stay All Day Eyeliner better. They wear as long as I need for them to, and they're not troublesome to take off. And overall, I've worn drugstore eyeliners like Maybelline Line Stiletto and Maybelline Master Precise that still last all day with pretty good moisture resistance, for no more than $7 each. If I didn't plan on removing my eyeliner for 2 days straight maybe, then Lorac's Front of the Line Pro Eyeliner would be my pick, but there are cheaper liners that are easier to apply and last just long enough for the average working day.

on 6/25/2014 6:03:00 AM

This is my favorite eyeliner of all time. It is easy to use and super duper black. It is also really long wearing. I have not found a better eyeliner than this. The only thing that sucks is how pricy it is. I can spend $20 on eyeshadows but it hurts when it's an eyeliner. I will repurchase though. Just wish it were cheaper.

on 6/12/2014 10:49:00 PM

Is this a great eyeliner? Absolutely. But, is this a great waterproof eyeliner? Unfortunately, no, it isn't.
To be honest, I don't know if this is meant to be a waterproof eyeliner; I know that it's meant to be longwearing, so I am assuming that waterproof is part of the deal. That and I can find no difference between this one and the supposed "waterproof" version.
I think that a lot of the other rave reviews sum up this eyeliner pretty well. It has a very precise felt tip for sharp, defined, easy lines, making it very easy to control and apply. It does need to be shaken a lot and kept at an angle where the product can still flow to the tip, though. The color is a pigmented black, which I appreciate very much, and actually has a sort of sheen to it, making it look bright and polished. This eyeliner is incapable of fading or smudging.
However, the staying power just isn't as impressive for me. I can say this very solidly because I am a synchronized swimmer. The entirety of the sport constantly hunts for waterproof makeup. I decided to upgrade to this Lorac eyeliner when my faithful Essence one finally ran out. Unfortunately, this wasn't exactly an upgrade in terms of its performance in the water. It runs awfully easily in the water, especially in the inner and outer corners of the eye- cue the disappointment. I use primer, and it still runs. It also can get washed away by watery eyes (thanks, allergies). It does stay well in any other situation, but in no way, shape or form does this eyeliner stay on in water.
Other than that, this is an absolutely great eyeliner. It comes in many colors, is relatively cheap for high end ($19 or $20), has gorgeous chrome packaging, and has a very forgiving felt tip. If you're looking for a great everyday eyeliner, then definitely check this one out, even if it's not exactly waterproof.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The thinness of the tip makes for very precise lines and the ink is so saturated with color. It's the only liner I currently use to wing my eyes. I had gotten it along with the pro palette and loved it so much that I did repurchase it, this time with a twofer deal with the cobra mascara, as a backup. The staying power is also great! Overall, I probably wouldn't repurchase this unless it comes with another good deal because it's so pricey, but you definitely get what you pay for with this.

on 5/27/2014 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The only liquid liner I've ever tried that doesn't leave a smudge under my left eye (yep, just my left) within an hour or so of applying. I don't love the ball-bearing pen (seems to need quite a bit of shaking), but I'll happily live with it for the results. The only downside is that it isn't available in the UK, so shipping is ridiculously expensive if you can't find a friend living/holidaying in the US to bring one back for you.

on 5/19/2014 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've officially almost used one whole pen of this eyeliner & I have to say I am in love. I've had this for about 6 months & it's still going strong. It's definitely drying out so I ran out to get another one, but for daily use in 6 months, I will hands down say this liner is worth the price tag.

At first I thought it was a felt tip pen but when you go to put the cap on, it's clear that it's a brush tip although it's VERY easy to use.

I will say that I used to be winged/cat-liner-challenged but with this eyeliner I look like a pro! It glides on soooo easily & it's so dark. It does have a glossy finish but I quite like it. I am a matte fanatic but the glossy finish isn't overly-glossy.

I can't say enough how much I love this but I do I do I dooooooo. I will repurchase til the end of time!

Btw, I've read that physicians formula (eye booster?) liquid liner is exactly the same for half the price, so if you're looking for a cheaper alternative id check that one out. I've never used it though so I can't vouch for those claims.

I do recommend getting this at ulta because both times I've gotten this, it's been in a set & it's been full size both times. The first time was with the pro palette & currently they are doing it with the liner, mascara, an eyeshadow & an eyeshadow primer (all full size) for only $28! I believe a full size for this liner is $20-23 so for a few bucks more why not?! Esp since I love the primer as well!

on 2/27/2014 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is just the real deal. It's smooth and it's not a felt-tip. I just really like this product. One might compare it to the Physician's Formula 3-in-1 Eye Booster pen. I prefer the Lorac over the PF, but the Lorac is expensive. That's my only criticism.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this eyeliner! I've used hundreds of eyeliners and searched high & low for the best felt tip eyeliner pen.. I've found it w/Lorac! This is by far the most opaque, pigmented black color. It last all day, drys fast after its applied, doesn't smudge at all, and just gives the most precise line ever. The applicator is literally a fine brush, this makes all the difference in the world & really sets it apart from other liners! This is easy to wash off, doesnt irratate my skin at all, and really last quite awhile. I've had this pen for probably about 3 months now & its still going strong. So you absolutely get ur moneys worth! I will always repurchase this pen! At first I thought it was fairly pricey but now I feel it's definitely worth the price. This is my new HG eyeliner and I always have to have it in stock. I honestly don't know why I don't continuously hear about it because this is amazing. I hope Lorac always makes this product, I would cry if they ever stopped. Nothing compares or even comes close, this is the best!