September 2, 2014 | 2214 users online

Blush - Christian Dior - Rosy Glow Awakening Blush

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by jchoi128

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this blush! It look like a bright vibrant pink in the pan but can apply very sheer depending on what kind of brush you use. This color can definitely make you look like a clown if you apply too much all over or use the wrong brush. I have the Shu Uemura #20 cheek brush, Sephora angled cheek brush and Suqqu Cheek brush. Dior Rosy Glow applies the best with Suqqu cheek brush for one reason - It blends beautifully and the brush itself doesn't pick up a lot of product from the pan. So make sure you don't use a densely packed brush and something that blends easy for you!

Apply a small amount carefully only to the apple of the cheek first and blend upwards and outwards with the remaining product left on the brush. Just keep BLENDING! And W-A-I-T!

RESULT: Really fresh and an awaked look!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I do love this blush but have opted not to repurchase as it is very pricey and the colour itself not entirely unique...

This is one of those blushes that you are always tempted to add just a little more as it does take about a minute to settle into its true colour. I have learnt I must be patient and wait :) On my NC15 skin tone with a light hand this starts off a pretty dolly pink and looks like obvious blush - I find this does wear for the day but fades down on my normal/combo skin to a really pretty light natural looking lighter pink.

it blends into the skin beautifully and is easy to apply with a variety of brushes. My current favourite being the RT Buffing Brush - I just dot it into the blush twice for each cheek - use a stippling motion to blend it right into my skin and love the finish this gives.

So this does look a little scary in the pan but with a light hand is forgiving. I have tried going a little heavier with this but on my skin-tone it ends up pulling towards red which on me is really unflattering. I think this is quite a universal blush and a great choice for possibly all skin-tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Didn't think there was such a thing as a universally flattering blush powder-turns out this is it. Super cute for anytime, anywhere-wakes up the face & goes with anything & everything . Love it

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by jjquan

The only reason why I would not buy this product again is because it was expensive...and I didn't think that it was a MUST HAVE blush. But I do think that this is a fantastic blush. Probably lasted about a good 8 hours, but beyond that, it just kind of disappeared. One thing that I did was also put another blush (similar, but a little warmer) ontop just because it doesn't last beyond 8 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by melzie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first saw this blush at Sephora I thought OMG that is NOT going to work on my skin. But all the rave reviews helped me to keep an open mind. For reference I am an NC35-NC40 (depending on the season). On the pan it looks like a bright Barbie pink. They did mention that this color transforms to suit your skin so I wanted to put it to the test.

The first time I applied it to my cheeks looked almost as bright as it did on the pan. Yes, it was very terrifying. I made the mistake of applying too much. So I took it off and applied it again, except I applied less. It was still somewhat bright, but I decided to let it sit. Then within 30 minutes or so the brightness went down and looked more natural. It turned to the most beautiful youthful light pink flush. I love that this blush has zero shimmer or sheen. Great for everyday looks.

APPLICATION TIPS: I have been using this blush almost everyday for a month now and I think the key to this blush is to apply as little as possible and then build it up slowly. I can see how this can appear intense if applied with a heavy hand. I use the blush brush from Real Techniques and it works great with this product (with any blush product really).

LASTING POWER: I did see some minor fading after 6 hours. It was visibly still there. I used it with and without foundation and still got a good 6 hours. I like that this faded beautifully, not patchy.

This comes with a brush that is not entirely useless. How rare right? It’s great if you are in a pinch and need an applicator. The comes in a mirrored compact and it is a fingerprint magnet so I like to keep it in the pouch it comes with. It is pretty pricey, $44 for .26 oz. Ouch.

ALSO, this has a beautiful rose scent to it. The rose scent is just like their Crème De Rose balm. Highly recommend.

Aloha for reading and I hope this review was helpful to you!! =D

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 6:04:00 AM More reviews by karafraser

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Of all the blushes I have tried to date, this one is my favourite. I have reasonably pale skin (I sit somewhere between NC15 and NC20 in MAC) and pink blushes are by far the most flattering on me.

I have to say that this blush looks quite scary in the pan. It is a very bright pink but it does go on much more sheer than it looks. Dior claim that this blush adapts to your skin and gives an individual shade that is flattering for you. I honestly don't know if this is true as this blush stays pretty true to it's original colour on me. When applied I find that it gives a beautiful pink blush that really brightens my face and is fairly true to my natural blush colour.

I apply it with the Real Techniques Blush Brush. It is pretty pigmented so it is best to build it up gradually. I find it long lasting and I don't need to reapply during the day. I love this blush and would highly recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

$44 USD. Before purchasing this item, be sure to test it out in the store! I really, really wanted to love this blush as I'm looking for the perfect pink blush. On my pale, yellow Asian skin (Dior #10), the color came out to be a weird, dark brick rose color on my skin and not a baby pink - which was what I'd hoped for. Also, when I first put it on, you can barely see it on the skin so I ended up putting on a lot of it. A few minutes later, I was horrified to discover that I had huge patches of intense brick red on my cheeks. I tried putting on a light layer, and it looked like a horrifying patch of really bad bronzer on my cheeks. Definitely not worth the money; however, I give it two lippies as the color does adjust (but not to the tone desired) and the texture is very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by maisonsteffi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OMG, I am dreading the day Dior discontinues this product! I hope Dior never does! Dior Glow blush awakens my complexion like nothing else! One sweep on my cheeks instantly brightens my face like no other blush! It is very pigmented but it surprisingly never looks clownish or overpowering. I know it looks scary in the pan but it is incredibly foolproof and wearable! I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror one afternoon while I was wearing this blush and it looked so pretty - an adjective I don't normally use for blushers. This is my absolute go-to blush when I want to look feminine and pretty. My HG blusher! Will definitely repurchase once I've hit pan!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by marbi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my HG blush, I feel i dont ever need to buy another blush.
The powder is super fine, so when you apply the blush it just looks like your cheeks have this natural tint of color.

It also really does give you the perfect pink according to your skin tone.

You can wear this every day, or build it for a more done up look

Definitely going to repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Mriyanti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have 2 holy grail blushes and this one is one of them
I love this blush so much. Please do not be scared by the neon barbie pink. on the skin OMG so beautiful, It claims that it will look different on every individual
On me (nc 30, 40 in summer time), it gives nice pink flush, so beautiful really brighten up the skin and makes my skin looks super healthy. On me this blush has a cool undertone not a warm one.
the best cool undertone pink blush on me

The Bad news is the staying power is not really good.
i do have a more oily, but if i put bobbi brown blushes, they stay like a good 12 hours. and this dior blush only last about maybe 5 hours TOPS. i usually bring this blush with me if i know i will have a long day.

Despite on the lasting power of this blush, this is my Holly Grail blush.
I am still debating to have a spare one :)