October 21, 2014 | 1758 users online

Eye Primer - Kiss Me - Blinc Eyeshadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Aravensdream

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I never knew of primer until after I saw my esthetician. After my treatment of microdermabrasion and eyebrow wax I commented on how my eyeshadow disappears into the crease, which never happened before. She introduced me to Blinc and the color is Flesh Tone for my olive skin. They have Light Tone if your skin is lighter. The primer comes in a tube with an applicator. Remember, if you buy this product a little goes a long way! When at first I applied too much it became sticky. What I love about Blinc is the anti-aging ingredients besides the product working! *I apply my Mary Kay: sunscreen, moisturizer, foundation 4 (I avoid my dark lids), and Sheer Cover concealer, in creases around nose, under eyes and eyelid. I then apply Blinc on eyelids and the left-over on my finger I swipe under my lower lash. This way when I do my smokey eye it looks clean and not like I slept in my make-up. Also just a side note, I use Sheer Cover gel eyeliner in both Mocha and Espresso Shot and before Blinic by the end of the day it would be gone on my top lid and smear under my lower lashes. Now it stays! I think I paid $18-$20 and will buy again. Hope this helped

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This actually works pretty well on my *extremely* oily eyelids, on which a primer is a must, if I want to wear eyeshadow for more than a few minutes.

My oil-slick lids proved to be too much for UD PP, unfortunately, so I've been trying out others. The blinc primer, which comes in a long metal tube, and features a doe-foot applicator, is very, very light; it's almost too light even for my NW15 skin. I'm not sure how or even if it would work on deeper skin tones. If I apply it sparingly, and blend immediately and well, the paleness is really not a problem for me. It *does* make my eyeshadows stand out, and that's a plus. With the blinc primer, my eyeshadows last from four to six hours before they even begin to feel a bit oily, and for me, that's pretty great.

My only complaints about this primer are the aforementioned paleness, a somewhat "sticky" texture that takes a while to set, and the price ( about$20, though it ships free from blininc.com).

The fact that blinc is a cruelty-free company is a HUGE plus, and the main reason I gave this primer a try. I'll most likely buy this one again, unless I hear of something even better.
NOTE: This was my first order from the blinc website. They shipped my order almost immediately, but through USPS it took well over a week to get to me. continued >>