NYX Shine Killer

2.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, EthylPARABEN, MethylPARABEN, PropylPARABEN Phenoxyethanol, ButylPARABEN

I was super excited when I got this because I'm very oily in my t-zone so bad that it tends to break down my foundation. After using this for about 2 months off and on now, I can honestly say it does nothing for me and I kind of hate it. It has this weird affect where it makes me sweat even when I'm not hot (it's winter!) on my nose and chin suddenly water droplets appear minutes after putting it on. I've tried using less and less of it but no matter how much I put on it actually breaks down my make up even worse than if I didn't use a primer at all, and makes my pores look huge when I don't even have big pores. Huge disappointment. Didn't break me out though and left my skin feeling smooth right after application.

I cannot begin to express my disappointment with this product. Shine *killer? More like Shine *Enhancer!! This stuff left my face a greasy mess-and my face isn't even that shiny to begin with! I'll be honest, it didn't even start out well, meaning this stuff is pretty expensive for what you get-less than 3/4 oz. of product for around $20 usd. I convinced myself that since I had success w/other NYX products, this would be the same, even though the price of this product is significantly more than their other ones...I told myself it had to be awesome. It's not. It applied on my skin just fine (it feels just like a standard dimethicone based primer - smooth and velvety, sitting on top of the skin as a barrier almost); applying my normal routine of foundation and setting powder went just fine, as well. However, after touching my face a couple hours in, I felt that it was slick and greasy. I ran to a mirror and discovered it looked just as bad as it felt. I tried using it again, the next day and went without any makeup on top of it and I was still shiny the next time I did a mirror check a couple of hours later.
The only thing I like about this primer is the packaging: a sleek, black squeezy tube that is small enough to carry easily for travel, if need be.
All in all-super disappointing product that I'll be returning ASAP.

It made my skin feel nice and soft at first but made my tzone even oiler after about 40 minutes. On the plus side, it was inexpensive (in the US, not in Australia where I am now) and the packaging is nice? For reference I have combination but mostly normal skin, and tried this on a few fairly hot Spring days here in Sydney, and it exacerbated the oil.

I didn't think a gel-like product *would* work, it makes sense that powder on the t-zone is the way to go.

This product worked pretty well for what it was made for. I tend to have combination skin, that can get very oily at times if I don't apply a moisturizer or something to my skin in the morning. I use this alone because I don't wear any face make up on a normal basis, so I can't speak on how it works with make up but it does a good job at CONTROLLING my oil. I wouldn't say it eliminates the oil completely, but compared to other things I've used it works better. In a perfect world I would have oil free, dewy skin but that doesn't exist :-( . I like the way my skin feels when I put it on. I'm only giving it a 3 because I'm not sure how it works with anything on top of it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was super excited to try this bc I have really oily skin and a lady at target recommended it to me. Once you put it on it makes your skin so soft and silky and I loved it- but 30 min later when I was still working on the rest of my makeup my face started getting so oily. I had to blot my my face for the rest of the day every 5 minutes. I think it even made my skin more oily than it couldve gotten and it pretty much made all my makeup slide off and look terrible. I love nyx but this product did not go well with me.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I would like this product better if it were cheaper. It sort of did what it was supposed to do, but did not last long enough for my liking. I need something that will get me through a whole shift at work, and this was not it. Also, the paint on the cap flaked off and I could not use this product without getting some of the black flakes on my face.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It blows my mind when a product does the opposite of what it's supposed to do. That's the case with Shine Killer. I didn't think it was possible for my skin to get any more oily than it already is, but this made me more oily. My makeup was sliding off my face and I was maxing out an oil sheet every hour or less. I used it for one terrible day, and began breaking out the next morning.

I'm a fan of the packaging, and the texture of the product itself is good, and it was easy to smooth on.
But I would never ever use this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good primer for oily skin. Definately makes your make up last longer and helps control shine. Doesn't make me break out like other primers either :).

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin- my face is greasy within an hour after application. This stuff is the first primer I've used that controlled the oil all day - and I have tried so many primers for oil control. It works. I will buy it again. I payed $16 and I don't mind. I've paid up to $30 for ones that didn't work for me.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don't know if this exactly "kills shine" but it does make a nice base, its not your typical silicone feel either, its almost like a wet gel. No over powering odours which I love, but again I look shiny still and it doesn't keep it at bay. I payed roughly $12 in the U.S. because it's cheaper there then in Canada which was quite alot for a primer that does nothing except smooth out your base, i'd rather pay twice as much for something that mattes me down and keeps the oils under control.

I have oily-combo skin