April 19, 2014 | 1611 users online

Primer/ Corrector - NYX - Shine Killer

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by popoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i am having the weirdest reaction to this product....
see, i always blot my t-zone in the middle of the day because my t-zone gets super oily (while my cheeks and other area are dry).

but when i used this product underneath my makeup, my blotting paper rarely picked up any oil. however, my face looked just as greasy as before.

i am honestly not sure how i feel about this...

oh and also, i like to use this product under my eyes before i use concealers. perhaps it's the silicone in the product, but it "fills" the little lines my under eyes; hence, my concealer doesn't crease as much.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by akhono

Just got this on the whim and have no idea the product was good or bad. Then, i read a review and watched some review on youtube, most the review just mention not that really work or statified as its in the title its self 'Shine Killer'. I tried it 3 days now and I don't think I would countinuing to use it. It did 'killed' a bit of my shine on t-zone area but my skin somehow become so dull looking - i've fair skin. I personally think, it might good to 'killed' your shine but do you really want to look so dull and tired just because of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by shespoison

I have a very! oily t_zone so I bought this hoping it would work but it wasn't great it just broke down my makeup causing it to look blotchy it's expensive for nyx would of rather spent that money on something that was worth it boo!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Ebafahy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked this up for about $13 at my local ulta. It was on a whim, so I didn't read any reviews first, but I did when I got home and I was shocked at the amount of negative reviews. It made me almost afraid to try it. I have a very oily t zone, I wash and tone my face, apply moisturizer and for the past week have been applying a very small amount of shine killer to only my t zone. im not sure why there are so many negative reviews because this stuff is amazing! It could be due to the fact that I only wear powdered foundation, but for me the powder wasn't enough to keep me matte and all other primers (even high end) have left me shiny. I put this on at 8 am and by 5 pm im still shine free. Packaging is great, lots of control over how much you use... and trust me a very little goes a long way. I will definitely be repurchasing this stuff. Nice job NYX.

*****UPDATE*******
OK guys- I have been using this for a few weeks and I am starting to think twice. I NEVER break out, I have very clear skin despite the oil and the past couple weeks that ive been using this my forehead has been breaking out like crazy. I am 23 and I haven't seen forehead pimples since middle school. This is the only thing I have changed in my daily skin/makeup routine. Shame since it did "kill" my shine. but the breakouts just aren't worth it. bye bye shine killer, giving this to my 13 year old sister.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by coladas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin. My usual routine is wash my face with face wash for acne prone skin then dry, put a little moisturizer under my eye area then apply the Shine Killer, let it set for a minute then stipple my foundation. I use Revlon Colorstay for combo/oily skin. I set that with Neutrogena Shine Control Powder (rice protein) then go over lightly with Maybelline Dream Matte powder. Usually in 4 hours my make up is floating on my T-Zone , broken down and sliping off of me but with THIS routine My make up last 10 hours or more if I blot once and re-powder with the Neutrogena Shine Control. I plan on getting NYX HD loose Powder in translucent and figure out which way to work it into my regime. I heard that was great for oil control by itself so we shall see.
I paid 12.99 for it plus tax in a NYC beauty supply store.
I thought it was a pretty good deal, I was going to buy Loreals Miracle Blur for oily skin but that was 25 and it doesn't claim to control oil or stop shine. Glad I bought the Shine Killer and will repurchase because I can afford it for now but when that changes I will look into Becca brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by fatisfoxxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin facts:

Medium skin tone (not sure of my mac shade)
Combination of very oily + dry in certain areas
Acne prone

I'll only give 1 lippie cos it didn't break me out. This isn't a shine killer, this is a shine builder! Made my skin oily right after applying and it does not make my makeup stay. It's worse than when i didn't apply any primer. Will not repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by junipurr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

For years Milk of Magnesia was my miracle primer, and for some reason it just stopped working. I was bummed because it was so cheap, but it was also messy to apply, so I was happy to explore my options. This is the first oil control primer I've tried since MoM. At $13, it's pricey for drugstore, especially at less than an ounce.
This is really next to useless. It might buy me an extra hour or two before blotting, but that's hardly worth the price. It's also full of cones, which i haven't found to be great on my oilslick face anyway.
It'd probably be decent as a regular primer, but for oil control, this fails hard. Bought it on a whim at Ulta and wish i'd read reviews first and saved my money.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by SiteNo8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I will probably try another primer when I run out of this one, but I don't think this is a bad primer, and I may end up repurchasing it in the future. It does help keep my skin from getting too oily, and it helps minimize my pores. I mainly use it in the T-zone, over any moisturizer or sunscreen, under any foundation, bb cream, or powder. Actually, I now always use it with Rimmel's Stay Matte translucent powder. Using these two products keeps my skin looking fresh in the heat and humidity.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by mayral456

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It made me more oily than w/o primer! cook eggs status! Had to return it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by faggooott

I'm VERY oily in my t-zone and I like to look matte, ive tried a lot of products to prevent from shining, this works! I love it. I don't love the price but its worth it.