December 21, 2014 | 1502 users online

Primer/ Corrector - NYX - Shine Killer

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by MeganDan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know if this exactly "kills shine" but it does make a nice base, its not your typical silicone feel either, its almost like a wet gel. No over powering odours which I love, but again I look shiny still and it doesn't keep it at bay. I payed roughly $12 in the U.S. because it's cheaper there then in Canada which was quite alot for a primer that does nothing except smooth out your base, i'd rather pay twice as much for something that mattes me down and keeps the oils under control.

I have oily-combo skin

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2014 More reviews by NicoFinn

This doesn't exactly kill shine; more like temporarily blocks it. And when I say temporarily, I mean like... within 10 minutes the shine is back. The bottle says use as a base, wear it alone or over makeup. I have tried all three multiple times and none of the methods seem to work for me (side note: I'm trying to mattify my oily skin). Thankfully it was cheap because it does not work at all for me and basically just mingles among my other products for now until I finally decide to get rid of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by tamarleah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was terrible for me! I have combination skin and used it during the day to take away my shine in my T-Zone, this did the complete opposite. I looked like I moisturized my face with cooking oil! if you have combination skin I really would not recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to say that this product works a little too well, thus I took one lippie off for the slightly drying effect this imparts. That said, this rather at-first oily consistency product dries to a clear and light finish on my oily-normal skin. Sometimes my t-zone even feels a bit dry, which is good, but I still want this balance out the oiliness and have a more dewy finish. However, this definitely keeps the oil at bay all day long and works well with the NYX Dewy Finish spray or my MAC Fix Plus. A very effective oil controller, but definitely not for skin that is even slightly dry, this will pretty much flake and dry your skin out. Overall, though a good product for what it is.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by owwlala

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wanted to be impressed but wasn't the case. Was really oily after only 2 hours… not really for an OILY skinned girl like me

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by dewieanggrainie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The name is shine killer, but what is in a name. It ain't do nothing to control the oil on my skin.
But it helps filling my awful pores and makes my foundation glide smoothly on the skin due to the silicone-y texture (in terms of pore-handling, this one works even better than NYX HD Primer).
Won't buy again, I'm sure there's a better choice out there.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Didn't do squat. I actually really disliked this. It didn't even act like a primer for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by popoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i am having the weirdest reaction to this product....
see, i always blot my t-zone in the middle of the day because my t-zone gets super oily (while my cheeks and other area are dry).

but when i used this product underneath my makeup, my blotting paper rarely picked up any oil. however, my face looked just as greasy as before.

i am honestly not sure how i feel about this...

oh and also, i like to use this product under my eyes before i use concealers. perhaps it's the silicone in the product, but it "fills" the little lines my under eyes; hence, my concealer doesn't crease as much.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by akhono

Just got this on the whim and have no idea the product was good or bad. Then, i read a review and watched some review on youtube, most the review just mention not that really work or statified as its in the title its self 'Shine Killer'. I tried it 3 days now and I don't think I would countinuing to use it. It did 'killed' a bit of my shine on t-zone area but my skin somehow become so dull looking - i've fair skin. I personally think, it might good to 'killed' your shine but do you really want to look so dull and tired just because of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by shespoison

I have a very! oily t_zone so I bought this hoping it would work but it wasn't great it just broke down my makeup causing it to look blotchy it's expensive for nyx would of rather spent that money on something that was worth it boo!