NYX Shine Killer

2.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, EthylPARABEN, MethylPARABEN, PropylPARABEN Phenoxyethanol, ButylPARABEN

on 1/21/2015 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin- my face is greasy within an hour after application. This stuff is the first primer I've used that controlled the oil all day - and I have tried so many primers for oil control. It works. I will buy it again. I payed $16 and I don't mind. I've paid up to $30 for ones that didn't work for me.

on 12/13/2014 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don't know if this exactly "kills shine" but it does make a nice base, its not your typical silicone feel either, its almost like a wet gel. No over powering odours which I love, but again I look shiny still and it doesn't keep it at bay. I payed roughly $12 in the U.S. because it's cheaper there then in Canada which was quite alot for a primer that does nothing except smooth out your base, i'd rather pay twice as much for something that mattes me down and keeps the oils under control.

I have oily-combo skin

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This doesn't exactly kill shine; more like temporarily blocks it. And when I say temporarily, I mean like... within 10 minutes the shine is back. The bottle says use as a base, wear it alone or over makeup. I have tried all three multiple times and none of the methods seem to work for me (side note: I'm trying to mattify my oily skin). Thankfully it was cheap because it does not work at all for me and basically just mingles among my other products for now until I finally decide to get rid of it.

on 9/16/2014 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This product was terrible for me! I have combination skin and used it during the day to take away my shine in my T-Zone, this did the complete opposite. I looked like I moisturized my face with cooking oil! if you have combination skin I really would not recommend this.

on 7/23/2014 3:08:00 PM

I have to say that this product works a little too well, thus I took one lippie off for the slightly drying effect this imparts. That said, this rather at-first oily consistency product dries to a clear and light finish on my oily-normal skin. Sometimes my t-zone even feels a bit dry, which is good, but I still want this balance out the oiliness and have a more dewy finish. However, this definitely keeps the oil at bay all day long and works well with the NYX Dewy Finish spray or my MAC Fix Plus. A very effective oil controller, but definitely not for skin that is even slightly dry, this will pretty much flake and dry your skin out. Overall, though a good product for what it is.

on 6/12/2014 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Wanted to be impressed but wasn't the case. Was really oily after only 2 hours… not really for an OILY skinned girl like me

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

The name is shine killer, but what is in a name. It ain't do nothing to control the oil on my skin.
But it helps filling my awful pores and makes my foundation glide smoothly on the skin due to the silicone-y texture (in terms of pore-handling, this one works even better than NYX HD Primer).
Won't buy again, I'm sure there's a better choice out there.

on 5/7/2014 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Didn't do squat. I actually really disliked this. It didn't even act like a primer for me.

on 3/16/2014 5:19:00 PM

i am having the weirdest reaction to this product....
see, i always blot my t-zone in the middle of the day because my t-zone gets super oily (while my cheeks and other area are dry).

but when i used this product underneath my makeup, my blotting paper rarely picked up any oil. however, my face looked just as greasy as before.

i am honestly not sure how i feel about this...

oh and also, i like to use this product under my eyes before i use concealers. perhaps it's the silicone in the product, but it "fills" the little lines my under eyes; hence, my concealer doesn't crease as much.

on 2/25/2014 4:37:00 AM

Just got this on the whim and have no idea the product was good or bad. Then, i read a review and watched some review on youtube, most the review just mention not that really work or statified as its in the title its self 'Shine Killer'. I tried it 3 days now and I don't think I would countinuing to use it. It did 'killed' a bit of my shine on t-zone area but my skin somehow become so dull looking - i've fair skin. I personally think, it might good to 'killed' your shine but do you really want to look so dull and tired just because of it.