August 21, 2014 | 954 users online

Primer/ Corrector - NYX - Shine Killer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to say that this product works a little too well, thus I took one lippie off for the slightly drying effect this imparts. That said, this rather at-first oily consistency product dries to a clear and light finish on my oily-normal skin. Sometimes my t-zone even feels a bit dry, which is good, but I still want this balance out the oiliness and have a more dewy finish. However, this definitely keeps the oil at bay all day long and works well with the NYX Dewy Finish spray or my MAC Fix Plus. A very effective oil controller, but definitely not for skin that is even slightly dry, this will pretty much flake and dry your skin out. Overall, though a good product for what it is.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by owwlala

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wanted to be impressed but wasn't the case. Was really oily after only 2 hours… not really for an OILY skinned girl like me

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by dewieanggrainie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The name is shine killer, but what is in a name. It ain't do nothing to control the oil on my skin.
But it helps filling my awful pores and makes my foundation glide smoothly on the skin due to the silicone-y texture (in terms of pore-handling, this one works even better than NYX HD Primer).
Won't buy again, I'm sure there's a better choice out there.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Didn't do squat. I actually really disliked this. It didn't even act like a primer for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by popoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i am having the weirdest reaction to this product....
see, i always blot my t-zone in the middle of the day because my t-zone gets super oily (while my cheeks and other area are dry).

but when i used this product underneath my makeup, my blotting paper rarely picked up any oil. however, my face looked just as greasy as before.

i am honestly not sure how i feel about this...

oh and also, i like to use this product under my eyes before i use concealers. perhaps it's the silicone in the product, but it "fills" the little lines my under eyes; hence, my concealer doesn't crease as much.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by akhono

Just got this on the whim and have no idea the product was good or bad. Then, i read a review and watched some review on youtube, most the review just mention not that really work or statified as its in the title its self 'Shine Killer'. I tried it 3 days now and I don't think I would countinuing to use it. It did 'killed' a bit of my shine on t-zone area but my skin somehow become so dull looking - i've fair skin. I personally think, it might good to 'killed' your shine but do you really want to look so dull and tired just because of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by shespoison

I have a very! oily t_zone so I bought this hoping it would work but it wasn't great it just broke down my makeup causing it to look blotchy it's expensive for nyx would of rather spent that money on something that was worth it boo!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Ebafahy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked this up for about $13 at my local ulta. It was on a whim, so I didn't read any reviews first, but I did when I got home and I was shocked at the amount of negative reviews. It made me almost afraid to try it. I have a very oily t zone, I wash and tone my face, apply moisturizer and for the past week have been applying a very small amount of shine killer to only my t zone. im not sure why there are so many negative reviews because this stuff is amazing! It could be due to the fact that I only wear powdered foundation, but for me the powder wasn't enough to keep me matte and all other primers (even high end) have left me shiny. I put this on at 8 am and by 5 pm im still shine free. Packaging is great, lots of control over how much you use... and trust me a very little goes a long way. I will definitely be repurchasing this stuff. Nice job NYX.

*****UPDATE*******
OK guys- I have been using this for a few weeks and I am starting to think twice. I NEVER break out, I have very clear skin despite the oil and the past couple weeks that ive been using this my forehead has been breaking out like crazy. I am 23 and I haven't seen forehead pimples since middle school. This is the only thing I have changed in my daily skin/makeup routine. Shame since it did "kill" my shine. but the breakouts just aren't worth it. bye bye shine killer, giving this to my 13 year old sister.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by coladas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin. My usual routine is wash my face with face wash for acne prone skin then dry, put a little moisturizer under my eye area then apply the Shine Killer, let it set for a minute then stipple my foundation. I use Revlon Colorstay for combo/oily skin. I set that with Neutrogena Shine Control Powder (rice protein) then go over lightly with Maybelline Dream Matte powder. Usually in 4 hours my make up is floating on my T-Zone , broken down and sliping off of me but with THIS routine My make up last 10 hours or more if I blot once and re-powder with the Neutrogena Shine Control. I plan on getting NYX HD loose Powder in translucent and figure out which way to work it into my regime. I heard that was great for oil control by itself so we shall see.
I paid 12.99 for it plus tax in a NYC beauty supply store.
I thought it was a pretty good deal, I was going to buy Loreals Miracle Blur for oily skin but that was 25 and it doesn't claim to control oil or stop shine. Glad I bought the Shine Killer and will repurchase because I can afford it for now but when that changes I will look into Becca brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by fatisfoxxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin facts:

Medium skin tone (not sure of my mac shade)
Combination of very oily + dry in certain areas
Acne prone

I'll only give 1 lippie cos it didn't break me out. This isn't a shine killer, this is a shine builder! Made my skin oily right after applying and it does not make my makeup stay. It's worse than when i didn't apply any primer. Will not repurchase!