Neutrogena Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Eye Cream

3.4

Water, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Dimethicone, Glycerin, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Trisiloxane, Ceteareth-20, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Polyethylene, Polyacrylamide, Chlorphenesin, PTFE, Myrtus Communis Leaf Extract, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, BHT, Laureth-7, Ascorbic Acid, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hydroxide.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

WARNING!!!!

This product gave me several DEEP WRINKLES under my eyes!!!

I just started noticing fine lines around my eyes about a month ago and bought this product to treat them. For the first couple of weeks it seemed to be working..the fine lines were disappearing!!! I was thrilled. About a week ago I noticed I now had actual wrinkles under my eyes having used this product for nearly a month!!!!

Thanks Neutrogena, now I look years older in just a few short weeks. I will never buy a single product of yours again.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am pretty sure my lines under my eyes have decreased quite a bit. My crows feet aren't something that make me cringe if I take a picture of myself lol. It's good stuff.

I have been using this eye cream for about 3 months and I can say it is very moisturizing. I have seen my fine lines diminish a bit. This does not irritate my eyes and is no greasy. The price is good also. I will keep using because really nothing else seems to work this well for this price.

Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair® Eye Cream is a product I tell my friends about because it is one of the only creams out there with real retinol designated for use around the eyes. There are plenty of retinol products that would do a better job than Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair® Eye Cream — basically, any concentrated retinol facial product -- but women will not use a cream around their eyes that is not labeled as an eye cream. They just won’t.

Retinol is better for the undereye area than the vast majority of the other ingredients in eye creams, and it will produce results, even if it is in, like, 0.010% concentration (which is around what I estimate for this eye cream). It is a tiny amount, so you’ll be applying it out of hope for a while. But it is enough retinol where you will see something with continued use over 6-8 weeks. Just stick with it.

I wrote a blog post about it here: https://www.futurederm.com/neutrogena-rapid-wrinkle-repair-collection-with-retinol-sa-review/

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Not a fan of the price of this product line but this eye cream worked pretty good when I first tried it.
It was not a magical cream but it was light enough and did not cause any irritation then all of a sudden BOOM!
It started to really irritate my under eye area reallllly bad.
I had bumps, soreness, even puffiness which gave me some fine lines.
I really liked this at first and this would be my go to but now I can no longer use it. No idea what happened.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I am 29years old .. I've been using it for a month now .. And I didn't see any good results .. It just didn't work for me :(

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Adore the brands of this line because it works . Retinol and vitamin c has helped in one weekly treatment to lighten up . Diff a keeper for $20.

This was a very nice eye cream. It did a decent job of lightly moisturizing my eye area. I don't really have dark circles, so I can't really comment how this would work for that. But I do have some slight fine lines under my eyes. This did seem to make them less noticeable, but it took a long time to work. I took off a lippie for that, because Neutrogena's Healthy Skin eye cream did the same stuff that this one did, and in a fraction of the amount of time. I would probably buy Healthy Skin again before this one, so I marked no for a re-purchase. Plus this stuff was pricey for drugstore! $20 is a little steep for a low end brand, IMO.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I used to use two tubes of this and I just didn't like how this stings. I know that this has retinol, but the concentration of it was just too strong for me. The stinging does go away from time to time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have used a prescription Retin A product (actually, generic tretinoin) for 20 years and will continue indefinitely because at age 54, IMO, my skin looks a lot better than many of my peers' skin - not saying I look better, just my skin:-) However, despite all of the benefits of Retin A, it does make my skin very sensitive if I use it more than 3-4 nights a week. For the other nights, I use an OTC retinol product because retinol is not as strong as Retin A (tretinoin) - they are two different products (a fact some reviewers may not realize based on their reviews.) Retinol is an effective anti-aging ingredient, though, and my "alternating products method" is working for me. I had been using the ROC retinol eye product and decided to switch it up to this Neutrogena product. So far (3 weeks) no sensitivity around my eyes but the jury is still out on whether this is moisturizing enough - although the addition of Hyaluronic Acid is encouraging and is the reason I decided to give this a try. Will update. Another point - based on the reviews for this product - one needs to use Retinol or an Rx tretinoin product for a while (not just a week - at least use a full tube) to see results. You can, though, determine sensitivity issues and texture preferences right away. Also, retinol products speed up cell turnover which often results in peeling, redness, break outs, etc. during the first weeks of use. Those side effects, unfortunate as they are, are the price for eventually seeing the results of the only scientifically-proven anti-aging product on the market. When I read how some reviewers gave up on the product right away upon experiencing these side effects, I wish I could tell them to just bear with it, use it every other day until your skin adjusts and it does get much better! When choosing an OTC retinol product, I base my opinion on its texture, comfort, wear-ability, etc.. I don't know anything about the difference between and superiority of this form of Retinol (Retinol SA) vs. the others mentioned on the product's box, but please remember that OTC Retinol is not identical to RX tretinoin (aka Retin A) but it does cause some of the same side effects and it does provide similar anti-aging benefits - stay with it long enough to experience the benefits!