April 16, 2014 | 939 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Neutrogena - Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Eye Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by cboylove

I really like this eye cream, it's a lightweight hydrating cream that really helps plump up fine lines. I'm only 22 but I get little lines under my eyes from smiling. I find that after using this product for a couple of days my eye area gets a little dry and flaky but after it peels off my eye area looks a lot more refreshed and supple. My skin loves retinol and I think this is a great gentle eye cream for the eye area.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 4:28:00 AM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this free with the daytime moisturizer from the same line (which is very good I must say!!) and while I probably wouldn't have bought it on its own it has definitely improved fine lines around my eyes and crows feet in a matter of weeks. I am only 23 so I do not have deep lines but there is a noticeable improvement. It has a slight burning sensation when I apply it, however this dissipates quickly.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by furbilicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I gave this eye cream a try because I got it for free from a friend at J&J. Just some background info on me: I usually only get 4-5 hours of sleep every night, and have very dark circles and a few fine lines. So I am looking more for an eye cream that would help with my dark circles.
I felt like it moisturized well, but other than that did fairly little for my fine lines and circles.
I used it religiously night and day for about three months. I liked that my concealer would go on smoothly after I applied this.
I won't be repurchasing because I know that there are better eye creams out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mom gave me this cream after she tried it and didn't like it. I love it! I use it only at night. It makes the skin under my eyes soft and smoother looking. I have definitely seen a difference around my eyes in terms of fine lines. I am only in my 20s, but I have seen a difference with firmness as well. Since my mom didn't like it, I wouldn't use this as a product to reverse wrinkles, but rather use this to prevent them. Good stuff!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not a fan. I have been using it about a month with no visible results. It does not appear to be very moisturizing, either. I still have to use my good old Vitamin E cream over it morning and night otherwise every tiny line under my eyes is magnified and my eyes feel tight. Not worth the $20 I paid for this miniscule tube of cream. Might be good for someone in their 20's but no so much for anyone who truly has fine lines around the eyes. Won't be repurchasing but I will finish out the tube I have.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Beachsugar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used this for 3 months now. Not even a bit of change. Tried it also on my forehead and nothing. I still have a good bit of product left. I paid for and I guess I'll finish it because I prefer not to waste.
I gave it 2 lippies because it does moisturize well.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by JK23

DON'T BE FOOLED...like I was! I usually love Neutrogena products but this one is not worth it. I bought into the advertising and it being rated well and after I've used it for a month, I got ZILCH! In fact, my wrinkles look worse!

Upon further investigation of the label (which I should have studied more closely in the beginning) there are 2 forms of alcohol as the 6th and 7th ingredient. Retinol is 3rd from the last...which means there's a very small amount in the overall content even though this product is marketed for this purpose. UGH!!!!

I'm chucking this tube!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

I'm cautiously optimistic about this product.

I'm 33 and have combination very sensitive skin with very few wrinkles anywhere so far, and as another reviewer said, I'd like to keep it that way. I've noticed that there are small lines that appear around my eyes when I smile and disappear immediately afterwards, but they appear nonetheless.

I've been using this daily at night for about 4 weeks as directed and I haven't noticed any irritation or flakiness, which is a big deal for someone with skin as sensitive as mine. The area under and around my eyes seems better moisturized, firmer, and brighter. This cream doesn't migrate into my eyes, either, even when I use a facial night cream all over my face beforehand.

I am going to edit this review in another 4 weeks to update the results, but so far, so good. Like other people (and my doctor) have said, the key is to keep using the product and not give up. . . which is hard to do when you want instant results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I'm in my mid 20's and already have rather deep lines under my eye which is the only real sign of real deep wrinkles so I bought the whole range to see if I could get it to help my skin stay reasonably smooth since putting concealer was. more difficult than it had ever been.
I really like this finally after 4 creams with less than perfect results.

After a week I have found that the lines have smoothed out and are not as deep as they were the weekend before and it has not made my under eyes dry and flaky. I really think that this is worth a buy.

If you are more concerned with dry under eyes try simple brand eye cream

update it been a few months now and m amazed at how much better my eyes look now both in wrinkles and surprisingly the darkness as well

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Carrol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am 55 with not too many wrinkles anywhere, but I want to keep it that way, so I thought I would try this eye cream because of the SA Retinol in it. In the past I have tried many very expensive eye creams and treatments from Skinceuticals, Jan Marini, DDF, and SkinMedica. None of them has done what the Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Eye Cream has done.

My skin is very oily all around my eyes. I'm not sure if this is why the retinol in this product is not causing any irritation, but it could be. And for those ladies who are complaining that the eye cream has left their eyes looking worse - that often happens with a retinol product. But if you persevere through this period (sometimes up to 3 weeks) you will be delighted to see improvements under and around your eye area.

I do not work for Neutrogena or any subsidiary company. Based on the results of this eye cream, tonight I bought the night time face cream in the same line, also with SA Retinol. I use Skinceuticals 1.0 Retinol, so I don't anticipate my skin to become flaky or irritated. I will report back (in a new product review) in a few weeks once I have given the product a fair chance.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No