LUSH Toothy Tabs Dirty

3.3

on 7/8/2015 12:01:00 AM

Toothy Tabs are such a great invention. These great for my sensitive teeth. Regular toothpaste is often irritating so I switched to Sensodyne. I like both but the cleaning of toothy tabs is superior and they're cheaper. Half a tab is enough for me. I have purchased the Dirty variety more than any other by default - they are always available at my local store. They have a toothpaste taste that is not overly minty. I prefer Sparkle's peppery bite.

on 4/19/2015 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought these on a whim to see if my sensitive gums managed better with this than regular toothpaste. It doesn't seem to have helped or hindered in any way. They foam up a lot (more than I expected or needed really) but the mint taste dissipates very quickly leaving the feeling you're brushing with nothing but baking soda. They do leave your teeth feeling very clean but I'm sure traditional fluoride toothpaste is better for dental health. They would be useful traveling to freshen your mouth as long as you have somewhere to swill it out after. I think mine will live in the car glove box from now on.

on 2/5/2015 7:14:00 AM

I sample this item and it was....weird. I think it would be a great product backpacking in the woods, but if you have a hotel to stay in, there is probably some traditional toothpaste to be found. It's a bit cumbersome to chew the tablet and try to wet brush it to spread around - kinda made me gag. Imagine chewing on a tums, drooling it out and trying to brush it around.
No bueno.

on 10/5/2014 4:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really like the Dirty toothy tabs! If you're switching from regular toothpaste to toothy tabs, this is a great starter because they're spearmint flavored like regular toothpaste. These don't have flouride in them but are baking soda based. No tube of toothpaste has ever made my teeth feel as clean as toothy tabs do! Super squeaky clean and a touch whiter. I only knocked a lippie off because I feel like the flavor kind of fades after a while and all you're left with is a baking soda tablet, but that's the only beef I have. Definitely repurchasing!

on 7/3/2014 8:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought these the other day after seeing them on the Lush website i was extremely curious. I tried them today for the first time and i am quitw impressed. My teeth feel amazingly clean and they foam up so well (much more than regular toothpaste) tastewise i could feel the mintyness and overall it wasn't too bad. I'm surprised at all the bad reviews to be honest.

on 6/19/2014 4:53:00 PM

I have the Toothy Tabs in Dirty and Chou Chou... I Love You.

I have to say I like them better than regular toothpaste! lol

Dirty does a better job at whitening, I've noticed, though Chou Chou has a nicer scent, imo.
(Chou Chou is rose/floral scented, very unusually pleasant for toothpaste!)

Dirty is the closest taste/smell to normal "minty" toothpaste and it does give you that "refreshed" feeling afterwards. Though, the baking soda is a little strong in this one so if your mouth is sensitive like mine it gives you a funny tingly feeling afterwards.

It's not unpleasant though. Not at all :)

5/5 Lippies!

on 2/6/2014 5:13:00 PM

I received a few of these as a sample my first time at a LUSH shop. I found them hard to chew and didn't really care for the taste. If they were softer, it would be a great product.

on 9/28/2013 2:34:00 AM

I bought these as I agree with Lushs point that the aluminium tubes are creating a lot of waste, etc. I wanted to try them out, and was hoping that they would be great so that I could continue to use them. I bought Dirty because it was the most normal sounding..I mean, no offence to Lush but I don't want freaking ginger wasabi flavoured toothpaste.
Anyway, upon trying, I found them hard to crush up between my front teeth (and if I tried to use my back teeth in got stuck in them). Not only that, but it was not minty enough, and my teeth did not feel as clean as I wanted them to be.
Although I tried to like them, I'm really not too fond.
I'll stick to colgate from now on, and just use these between morning/night brushes or when on a flight.

on 5/20/2013 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Peppermint taste, it's nice, and it foams very well. You can cut a tab in half and it still does its job. My teeth do feel wonderfully clean after! However, I only bought it to try and I still prefer tube toothpaste, haha. This would be good if you want to go travel instead of lugging toothpaste with you. One of the pros about this product is that it is way cleaner and doesn't make a mess.

on 5/14/2013 11:10:00 PM

Taste like peppermint. It foams up a lot almost too much so ice been thinking about only using half. You only get 40 pills per box tho so if you use it twice a day it's gonna get expensive. I save mine for when I'm traveling.

Popular Body Skincare Products