April 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Skincare - Body - LUSH - Toothy Tabs Dirty

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by dakota2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a few of these as a sample my first time at a LUSH shop. I found them hard to chew and didn't really care for the taste. If they were softer, it would be a great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by mischaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought these as I agree with Lushs point that the aluminium tubes are creating a lot of waste, etc. I wanted to try them out, and was hoping that they would be great so that I could continue to use them. I bought Dirty because it was the most normal sounding..I mean, no offence to Lush but I don't want freaking ginger wasabi flavoured toothpaste.
Anyway, upon trying, I found them hard to crush up between my front teeth (and if I tried to use my back teeth in got stuck in them). Not only that, but it was not minty enough, and my teeth did not feel as clean as I wanted them to be.
Although I tried to like them, I'm really not too fond.
I'll stick to colgate from now on, and just use these between morning/night brushes or when on a flight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Peppermint taste, it's nice, and it foams very well. You can cut a tab in half and it still does its job. My teeth do feel wonderfully clean after! However, I only bought it to try and I still prefer tube toothpaste, haha. This would be good if you want to go travel instead of lugging toothpaste with you. One of the pros about this product is that it is way cleaner and doesn't make a mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

Taste like peppermint. It foams up a lot almost too much so ice been thinking about only using half. You only get 40 pills per box tho so if you use it twice a day it's gonna get expensive. I save mine for when I'm traveling.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried a few tooty tabs now but keep coming back to Dirty. This smells, tastes and feels the closest to toothpast of all the toothtabs.

It's great for travelling but I have concerns over the long term usage and effect on my teeth so I keep some in my purse for days I'm caught out, and use it when travelling.

Just be careful you don't get the box wet-it goes soggy and so do your toothytabs!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by harmonyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

iv tried dirty and chou chou i love you and the dirty one was better but made my mouth feel funny and the ccily tasted like soap reallly reallly bad. wouldnt buy them again sadly.

update: okay im now giving it a 1 lippy mark because these arejust so gross!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Gangajee

Like the taste.
Price is reasonable for a toothpaste !
The only thing is the box if left in damp areas or long time after buying goes quiet rapidly soft and berky ! when it is better when the tabs stays crunchy . enjoyed putting them in a small tin and using them in my travels and offering them to my friends as small funny gift !

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

I picked these up when they first came out because they seemed like a great idea and I love the Dirty line. I thought these would be similar to the other Dirty products -- super minty and refreshing. Boy, was I wrong.
These are straight up disgusting. You chew these up and then brush your teeth with the foam that these create. These are actually pretty hard to crush with your teeth -- it's kind of like chewing up an Altoid and not swallowing. I can never seem to fully grind these up enough, and I'm always left with big chunks that stick to my gums and in between my teeth. I've actually cut my gums while brushing with these because I missed a big, sharp chunk. Also, don't be surprised if an hour or so after brushing you can still feel some of the chalky residue on your gums.
That brings me to my next point -- these taste like chalk. They are not at all minty or refreshing like a toothpaste should be. My teeth feel decently cleaned after brushing with these, but my mouth feels and tastes gross and chalky. Aside from saving on packaging, I did not notice that these had any added benefits on my teeth than any other toothpaste has.
Obviously, I would definitely not repurchase these. I love LUSH and a lot of their innovative products, but these were a fail for me. I got a sample of two of the other flavors of these, but I'm hesitant to try them out. I doubt they will be any better than these.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2012 4:52:00 AM More reviews by CimCim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so amazed at all those bad rewiews.

I think they taste okay, and my tooth seems whiter since I started using them. Also it's easy to carry. Yes, it's ideal for travelling but it's also ideal for office. It's one of my favorite Lush products and knowing that it's almost chemical-free is a plus.

Package could be better though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by katty81690

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! I don't know why people are giving this such bad reviews! The minty taste does not make me feel refreshed, but the tabs themselves make my teeth feel so clean! Mine were very easy to break and they foam up pretty well, although not as much as "regular" toothpaste, but it's because there aren't any harsh chemicals! People really need to lean more towards the "natural" things, as they get so used to the things made with thousands of chemicals, they really don't need it at all! The packaging could be better, like if they came in a bottle or something. Not really keen on the cardboard!