September 21, 2014 | 1070 users online

Shampoo - Unite-Blonda toning shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

This isn't by any means a "bad" toning shampoo for blonde hair, it just didn't do enough for me to feel like the purchase was justified, or that I would buy it again. I was born platinum blonde, which became much darker as I aged, until now, my natural haircolor, according to my stylist is "ash" (a nondescript icky color, if you ask me). I have had my hair bleached, dyed, highlighted, etc., since 2010 to a light blonde color. The problem I have now, is that my Aveda stylist don't always get the color as cool as I want it, and the few times she does, my horrible hard water at home wreaks it. Even when she does get it right, I'm orangey within 2 weeks from the hard water (we have a filtration system, and we still have problems, it's just that bad). I have tried several blue/ purple shampoos, with NO luck at all. You have to be really careful with what you buy, because many of them really don't have any active ingredients for removing "brass." This shampoo received such high reviews I thought I'd give it a try. My first impression, of course, was holy expensive, this better work! My second impression, during use, was that it did have a pleasant grapey smell, as others described here, but on my hair, it did not linger. I then noticed that it lathers really, really well, very impressive for a "treatment" kind of shampoo. I read on the bottle & on MUA, and was warned by the clerk to only keep it on for 60 seconds, so as soon as I was lathered up, I rinsed. I found the formula really drying for my locks; I needed to use a very heavy conditioner plus a detangler to follow. After one use, I didn't notice any change in my color. I used it again the same week & noticed that the hair I have that already was a pretty, light color, looked more bright, but that the orangey areas continue to look orangey. I'm going to use this once more this week, and I will update again. If it doesn't create a real improvement, I will be hard-pressed to want to continue to use because it is so drying. In that event, I will look for another product & get rid of this.
**UPDATE**: I'm pretty sure that this brightens the parts of my hair that already are fair, and doesn't do much for the parts that are too warm; and it's definitely very drying. I still haven't found something I like better, but I limit my use of this in the meanwhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by shmich75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing product to avoid getting those gross brass and yellow tones in your blonde hair.
I also am a huge fan of the scent! It smells grapey!
Leaves my hair feeling soft, clean and nice and cool blonde

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by LaraThings

A friend at work recommended this shampoo to me. I have to say, that I think I have tried nearly every blonde toning shampoo ever made, but Blonda is the best hands down. I love this stuff. Also the purple is a nice touch too.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best toning shampoo I've tried. it is really purple. The suds it creates are even purple. I wish it didn't have SLS in it, but I only use this once every week - two weeks, so it's okay since that's around when I need some clarifying of product buildup anyway. And the best part?... It smells like grape kool-aid, and if I sniff my hair an hour later, I can still smell it a little bit :D yummy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Coming from someone who has tried nearly every toning shampoo for blonde hair on the market, Blonda is my favorite. While Clairol Shimmerlights is a close second, the annoying smell that stays in my hair for days after is a huge turn off. Blonda smells like grape Kool Aid, but the smell fades soon thereafter. The shampoo itself is a dark purple that lathers up quickly and nicely. Please follow the instructions to a tee-do not leave on more than 60 seconds or your blonde hair will be a lovely shade of lavender but don't worry, it will wash out. My heavily highlighted blonde hair is brighter and less yellow after washing with the Blonda shampoo and conditioner. While it is a little pricy, it's worth it. I only use the Blonda shampoo and conditioner 1x-2x a week to keep my blonde locks looking refreshed.