April 19, 2014 | 1680 users online

Bronzers - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Bronzer - Bikini Contest

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the only bronzers I've tried, but I really enjoy using this. It is very pigmented, so its easy to over do it. It's not dry, it blends in velvety smooth into foundation or bare skin. It does have shimmer, but it's not obnoxious by any means. The writing on the top of the container rubber off within a month of purchase, and I wish the packaging wasn't so bulky, but otherwise I love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- pigmented
- long wearing

CONS

- strong red undertones
- contains shimmer

COMMENTS: I find this too red-based for my skin tone, so it looks more of a pink-toned bronze if that makes any sense. I don't really mind the shimmer, but I'd rather have a matte finish. The shimmer is pretty subtle and gives a nice glow, though. I'll use it up, since I hate when things go to waste. It only works if I apply my setting powder on top to reduce the shimmer and tone down the redness.

Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

Wet n Wild's stuff is amazing. This was the first color icon bronzer I tried, and I was so excited at first because of how big the pan was for the price I was getting it for! However, I didn't look too much into my decision because when I got home and swatched it - it was wayyy too orangey/reddish. I use bronzer for the sole purpose of contouring, and it just does not look natural to me, but I have hit pan so I will use it up with a very light hand.

Let's talk packaging - first something broke on the clasp, so it was very loose when it opened and closed and wouldn't click shut properly, but then the other end with the hinge broke! So I take the whole lid off when I use it now! Not efficient at all, would not carry it with me. Packaging is also a big bulky - domed cover, no mirror. Not something I would see myself bringing in a makeup bag

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by AdrienneStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A MUST HAVE for that sunkissed radiance you will LOVE during the Spring and Summer and appreciate in Fall and Winter. The price is unmatched for the quanity and the availabilty of this product is great. You can find it just about anywhere including Family Dollar! I bought this as part of my "WNW Trio": Bikini Contest, Reserve Your Cabana and Ticket to Brazil...and I adore them all. Be careful, however, if you travel with this because the product WILL shatter in the pan. But I must admit, the shattering was my only disappointment with this product. Great to have!
~A. Starr

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by normajeane73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This bronzer is awesome! I use it to define my cheekbones and give a bit of summer color. Not too shimmery and applies smoothly. The color has a hint of peach to it, which works with my light/medium skin tone. And is a steal at less than $3 at Walmart! Great quality. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by sheensheen22

Awesome bronzer for the price! Great pigmentation! Great for contouring!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Lolo031082

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this bronzer to contour. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm an NC42, and this color just makes me look ruddy. It's too red. The product itself is okay. There is no shimmer and it applied evenly with my EoB powder brush with little fallout/mess. There is no noticeable scent, either. I got this for 50 cents at CVS with coupons, but even at $3.99, it's not going to break the bank.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this for something different than my Ticket to Brazil and liked that it was a bit more "blushy". It deposits way too much, you just need the tiniest amount on the brush or you'll look like a dirty clown. I really like it as a warm eyeshadow to use in the crease, it's perfect for that! No way on earth I'd put this all over my face. Ticket to Brazil, yes, this one, no.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tend to hunt for red or brown based bronzers because many traditional ones that are orange based make me appear dirty or sallow. Bikini Contest is a true red based bronzer and the only red based from the Color Icon collection. I have medium olive skin and this shade worked well for me. I think this bronzer is very pigmented (more than my go to NYX matte one). I find that this bronzer has amazing staying power even in hot weather. Now, I'm an oily girl so I typically stay away from any shimmery face product and this bronzer does contain a low level shimmer. Luckily, the shimmer is so faint that it doesn't make me appear shiny. Overall, 5 lippies all around. 1. love the price 2. love the tone 3. love the finish 4. love the packaging and 5. love the pigmentation. Keeping my fingers crossed for any induced acne with this product. But, so far so good with 2 days of wearing it.