December 22, 2014 | 1505 users online

Treatments (Face) - Korres - pomegranate mattifying treatment

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by CarrieHolt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the first Korres product I tried, and I have to say, it really let me down. My hormones have been crazy since going off birth control and my face has been an oily mess. I decided to try this with hopes it’d help “mattify” my face and help decrease oil production. Boy was I wrong, all this did was pill up and make my oily face look worse! I put this on under my makeup, and my makeup ended up looking splotchy and uneven all over. The product itself balls up once you try and rub anything over it, so it kinda defeats the purpose. I ended up washing all my makeup off and starting over with a different product I’ve been using. Safe to say, this one is going in the trash. It was a complete waste of money. I was expecting a product that actually works for that amount of money, I think it’s somewhere close to $40! I wanted to like Korres products because they’re natural which I like. But I will never be purchasing another Korres product if they’re all like this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by meredithtaylor

It isn't terrible, but coming from this brand and being as expensive as it is I expected more. When I wear it I can barely notice a difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by astromelian

works well when used without moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Donell83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It took a little trial and error, but I really love this product! By the time I got home from an 11-hour day, my skin was shiny, and you could hardly tell I had makeup on. Frustrating, but I thought this was normal! I first got this as a sample, and I decided to try it even though I didn't want to add another step (that had to dry) into my routine.

I misread the directions and the first time I used it I put it on before my moisturizer, and I opted not to use a primer. Bad idea, my makeup looked worse than ever by the end of the day. I finally figured out it should go on after moisturizer, and decided to try it with my primer. After about a week I noticed a big enough difference (no more shine), and it didn't make me break out my very acne-prone skin, that I decided to by the full size. It was $50CAD.

It has a nice light smell that doesn't linger, and it spreads easily and dries quickly.

When I read the directions on the full-size product, they suggest if you are extra oily, to use this in place of moisturizer. Once I did this, this became an HG product for me - I went from my makeup sliding off in a couple of hours to doing one minor blot at lunchtime, and my face still looking fresh at the end of the day! I hate the price, but I will never go without this now!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by rpgoodwin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product is so-so as a mattifier - better than nothing, but not more effective than any other mattifier. It's a little clumpy when appying and takes a long time to dry. It does a good job evening skin tone but sinks into pores, accentuating orange-peel looking sections, and my makeup (Chanel Mat Lumiere) caked up and stuck to it. The worst part for me was that it broke me out badly - big cysts in areas where I never break out. I had a similar reaction to a Murad pomegranate product so maybe it's the pomegranate extract. I did really like the packaging - the tube is hygienic and it's easy to control the amount that comes out so it's not wasted.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by judibean

I bought this with the mattifying primer as a set. I have an oily T-zone that can benefit from any kind of mattifying product, so this set was appealing to me. The treatment, however, leaves a lot to be desired. When I put it on my nose without anything underneath, my nose becomes an oil slick within 2 hours. I don't know whether I am too oily to be their target audience for the product or if it simply does not work. I can say this, however - the treatment contains witch hazel and alcohol. I believe those are the main ingredients doing the heavy lifting to shrink pores and decrease oil production. My face reacts the same way when I use straight-up witch hazel with alcohol in it. I'm sure the other ingredients provide extra benefits, but since the mattifying effect is what I wanted most out of this product, I will not be repurchasing.