October 20, 2014 | 2103 users online

Treatments (Face) - Korres - pomegranate mattifying treatment

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by meredithtaylor

It isn't terrible, but coming from this brand and being as expensive as it is I expected more. When I wear it I can barely notice a difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by astromelian

works well when used without moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Donell83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It took a little trial and error, but I really love this product! By the time I got home from an 11-hour day, my skin was shiny, and you could hardly tell I had makeup on. Frustrating, but I thought this was normal! I first got this as a sample, and I decided to try it even though I didn't want to add another step (that had to dry) into my routine.

I misread the directions and the first time I used it I put it on before my moisturizer, and I opted not to use a primer. Bad idea, my makeup looked worse than ever by the end of the day. I finally figured out it should go on after moisturizer, and decided to try it with my primer. After about a week I noticed a big enough difference (no more shine), and it didn't make me break out my very acne-prone skin, that I decided to by the full size. It was $50CAD.

It has a nice light smell that doesn't linger, and it spreads easily and dries quickly.

When I read the directions on the full-size product, they suggest if you are extra oily, to use this in place of moisturizer. Once I did this, this became an HG product for me - I went from my makeup sliding off in a couple of hours to doing one minor blot at lunchtime, and my face still looking fresh at the end of the day! I hate the price, but I will never go without this now!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by rpgoodwin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product is so-so as a mattifier - better than nothing, but not more effective than any other mattifier. It's a little clumpy when appying and takes a long time to dry. It does a good job evening skin tone but sinks into pores, accentuating orange-peel looking sections, and my makeup (Chanel Mat Lumiere) caked up and stuck to it. The worst part for me was that it broke me out badly - big cysts in areas where I never break out. I had a similar reaction to a Murad pomegranate product so maybe it's the pomegranate extract. I did really like the packaging - the tube is hygienic and it's easy to control the amount that comes out so it's not wasted.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by judibean

I bought this with the mattifying primer as a set. I have an oily T-zone that can benefit from any kind of mattifying product, so this set was appealing to me. The treatment, however, leaves a lot to be desired. When I put it on my nose without anything underneath, my nose becomes an oil slick within 2 hours. I don't know whether I am too oily to be their target audience for the product or if it simply does not work. I can say this, however - the treatment contains witch hazel and alcohol. I believe those are the main ingredients doing the heavy lifting to shrink pores and decrease oil production. My face reacts the same way when I use straight-up witch hazel with alcohol in it. I'm sure the other ingredients provide extra benefits, but since the mattifying effect is what I wanted most out of this product, I will not be repurchasing.