December 20, 2014 | 1592 users online

Hair Color - Rita Hazan - root concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Shernandez16

This product does what it says it does but unfortunately there is so little product for the price that I only had 3 or 4 uses out of it and for the 30$ CAD what a waste! Unfortunately I'm growing out my natural hair and my roots are very bad so something like this was really my only option. Such a shame it doesn't come in a larger size.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by ariesseven

Concealing roots between salon visit is a problem for so many of us. I used Root Erase, which I loved, but that has disappeared off the shelves. I got this product at Sephora at a 20% off sale. I would recommend you buy where you can try a tester. The colors are not true to the label description. I am medium brown but bought light brown. It is a perfect match. But, as others have written, much darker than a light brown. Results are instantaneous and last until next shampoo. In many ways, better than drippy color from a box all over the place. Also, it seems to give my hair more body even though I only use it on the part. I will definitely continue to use this.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by sb2323

This product does a good job on my dark brown hair that is naturally about 70% gray. It's not perfect, but it is a lot better than the grays showing. It looks like my roots are growing out, but at least dark brown roots instead of gray, and much less noticeable. It's quick and easy to apply, and even though it's only one ounce, a little goes a long way. One can of this spray has allowed me to go a long time between several colorings. I style my hair first and just spray where the grays show--primarily my part line. I wash my hair every three days, and it even stays on after only one shampoo, no need to reapply.

That's my main complaint about this product--it is too durable. I have had no problems with it coming off on fingers, sheets, or anything else. I can't even get it out of my hair when I try. In preparation for getting my hair colored, I washed my hair yesterday, again this morning, scrubbing thoroughly, then used soap to scrub my part line really, really well and even in desperation trying rubbing alcohol. Yet about 30% of it still remains in my hair. If I could find a non-damaging way to thoroughly get it out of my hair, I would likely buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Giag6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this ulta the other day because my I couldn't find my normal root concealer. I found it pretty expensive for the size of the bottle. I have light/medium brown highlighted hair and I bought he light brown spray and it was so dark it was more like a dark brown. It also made my roots sticky and if you touched my roots it would rub off. I returned it the next day and with the refund I just spent the money and paid to have my roots done.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by kinonyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great. It matches my hair color (in light blonde), covers grays, and seems to stay put even when I rinse my hair and put conditioner in it (a necessity for us curly haired types who wash only once a week). I usually touch up my roots at 3 or 3 1/2 weeks and see my hairdresser every 5 or 6. I'm at 4 weeks and counting and I just don't feel the need. It's so much better than my previous product, color mark/touch back, which applied beautifully but wasn't quite the right color, and disappeared after a day or as soon as water touched my hair.)

The trick with application is to really try to hold it 6 to 8 inches away and spray lightly. Doing my hairline is more problematic: I use the comb that comes with color mark to protect the skin and spray it very lightly, again from far away. But I'm only covering my part and two tiny bits at my temple and ear. So far it's lasting well, although I'm always scared I'll turn around and discovered that I've touched up my towels!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

Firstly let me say that I do not use this to cover grey hairs. I have extremely thin hair on the top of my head and I use this product to make my hair look fuller. It really works too, and my scalp is less visible whenever I use this (which is what I wanted). I do have a couple of issues with the product though, but it wouldn't really stop me from buying it again. The price is ridiculously high, I paid $37 for two tiny aerosol bottles which is way overpriced. The color I use is Dark Blonde even though my hair is light to medium red-brown. I read the reviews of this on QVC and almost all reviews said that the Light Brown color (which is the one I would have chosen) runs very dark, almost black. So the next shade up is the Dark Blonde. It is very slightly too light for my hair, but only slightly. If I spray a lot on then it is visible, but with a normal application the color difference is hardly noticeable. Once I have applied this, I brush my hair afterwards which seems to remove any harsh lines between where the product ends and where my hair color shows through. It really does last and is quite a pain to wash out. But saying that, I live in Florida where it is very humid and this does really stay put. I do use Joan Rivers Great Hair Day more than this spray though, just because it works out cheaper in the end (and the color is better) but this spray I have to say does look more natural with less product. The Joan Rivers powder I have to apply almost over my whole head in order for the thin areas to look fuller. With the spray I only need to add it to below my part because it is less dense than the powder application (if that makes sense). If this spray was made a whole lot cheaper, and the color range was expanded, then I would wear this all the time. As it is though, it does what I want it to and leaves me feeling less self conscious about my thin hair even if I can't afford to wear it all the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 4:05:00 AM More reviews by raquel36

I have very light blonde hair and I never have the money to get my roots touched up when they are growing out soon enough at the salon. Here is my solution! This brande comes in every color ( i need platinum blonde) Just spray it on the roots and you have an instant highlight job. It lasts until your jnext shampoo---great for an event you have to go to, but no time or money for a salon! This is just so awesome!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Luna73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted this to work, but it delivers too little and costs a lot for very few uses.

Pros:
--The colors match pretty well, and what you get on your hair will effectively cover roots and/or stray grays.

--Once you let it dry and brush it out, the texture is quite good and loses the initial stickiness.

--It does stay put until you wash your hair.

Cons:
--Anytime I touched my hair, some of the residue came off on my hands -- even hours later. I didn't notice at first, so by lunch time, my right hand looked like i had been digging in dirt.

-- Application is somewhat tricky. If you're applying it to your hairline or part, good luck not getting it to stain the skin underneath. The excellent color saturation on your hair will be matched by a not-so-pretty muddy smudge on your forehead/scalp. And it's hard to get off, because the color stays put until you shampoo -- water alone won't remove it.

-- Costs way too much for a can that will give you only a handful of uses.

In short, I would use this only in desperation, but for the price, it's not really worth it. I can't recommend it, and I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Rachel137

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have dark brown hair and got this to cover grey roots between dye jobs. It comes in a small, 1 oz. aerosol can with a nozzle attached to help direct the spray.

I'd heard the colors run dark so I got Light Brown. It covered/blended my greys nicely. Two things to watch out for: If I apply too much or spray it on from too close a distance, it makes my hair sticky/stiff/hard to comb through. And the color transfers a little (like onto pillowcases), so you have to be careful about that. But overall, it works well.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No