August 21, 2014 | 1348 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Gem Crush Big Money

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 8:22:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

What a gorgeous colour of gold this is. On me it looks like a complex shade of gold. I'm saying this because in certain angles and/or lightings this looks rose gold or gold with a green hue or gold with a faint lilac hue or a true bright (yet classy) gold. What I noticed right away and why i fell in love with this colour is how instantly it brightened up my hands and made them look youthful (not kiddish or teenager-like). For all the reasons mentioned about I would have certainly repurchased this however it chips super easily (after 1 day it chipped horribly). In addition, I'm not too fond of the roughness I feel on the surface of my nails due to the glitters. I got this for very cheap so I won't complain and wil definitely use it because i love the colour, but its not something I would repurchase due to it's lack of longevity considering I added the Xtreme Wear nail polish hardnener on top and it still chipped after a day. Giving it 3 lippies because of it's positives otherwise the quality is probably 1 lippie.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by violetriot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite glitter polish ever. I love how you can cover your entire nail with straight up glitter in only 2 coats without it drying like a goopy mess. The gold with larger purple glitter is sooo pretty! I've yet to find another glitter polish like this one. I'll definitely be stocking up because I'll probably cry if this gets discontinued.
I think this was about $7, which isn't too bad. There are far more expensive glitter polishes out there and I think this one can hold its own. It looks great paired with neutrals or my favorite to pair with is Smokin Hot by Essie. This would also look super festive with a red polish. I can't stop looking at my hands when I have this polish on.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by CagedBird9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE the pigmentation of the glitter. Other glitter nail polishes barely deliver any glitter on my nails. You'd have to apply ten coats of other glitter nail polishes to get the glitter pay off you get with just ONE coat.

My only problem with this nail polish is that it chips very easily. It lasted me one full day on my regular nails. The solution: apply it on top of acrylics and it doesn't chip at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by dcoulon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This color is so pretty! It is completely opaque in one coat, which is amazing for a sparkle polish, and is a pretty sand-colored neutral. I like to use it for the tip of a french mani because it is so opaque in one coat, so I don't have to built up multiple layers and create a line of demarcation between the nail tip color and the nail bed color. The lilac sparkles are a nice touch and I think it would look great if paired with an orchid-colored polish in the spring. I currently have it paired with Sally Hansen Professional's Commander in Chic and they look great together. I can't say much about the wear, since I change my polish so often, but I haven't noticed any undue chipping in the time I wear it. My only complaint is that I wish there are larger pieces of glitter--it's mostly a very fine glitter with medium-sized lilac pieces interspersed. I think it would be even better if there were larger pieces of glitter as well, but you can't have everything! I plan to layer it with Wet n Wild's Fergie Glamorous, which has a similar muted/buff-gold color large sparkles with a clear base.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Now this is a glitter polish to love (and I do love my glitter polishes). This is a gorgeous gold with flecks of slightly rosy lavender, of all things. The combination is just beautiful, and the lavender really brings out the gold and gives the overall polish a warm, slightly rose-gold effect. Interestingly, the gold in this is a bit subdued and on the taupe side, rather than being bright yellow gold, and I love that, too (works well on my cool-toned, pale skin). This is just gorgeous bling, and when I wear it, I find myself glancing admiringly at my nails pretty much all the time.

One coat gave a beautiful sheer but still glittery effect. Two coats is opaque (or nearly so).The formula is good, but can drag, so allow plenty of time for the first coat to dry. With a basic base coat and top coat, this polish wears extremely well, particularly for a glitter. And, yes, it's a right royal pain to remove, as pretty much all opaque glitters are.

I like to wear this with a couple or three gold accent nails, with the glitter polish on clear base coat. The glitter also looks awesome on a gold base. I haven't tried it on lavender, but I think that would look great, too, and bring out the lavender flecks in the glitter mix. Would also probably work well over a soft rose.

This polish is definitely a keeper! In fact, I like it so much, I grabbed not one but two backup bottles when I found them on sale for 25% off (I suspect the Gem Crush line is being discontinued).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 3:38:00 AM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love these Gem Crush glitters. I have three (Be-Jeweled, Razzle Dazzler and this one) and enjoy all of them. Big Money has champagne-gold fine and medium glitter with round lavender glitter. The lavender glitter isn't very obvious unless you are in bright light but it gives a subtle complexity to the color. I also like that this is a cool toned gold which makes it more neutral and wearable. I have had no issues with chipping with this or my other Gem Crushes. I use a SH base coat, 2-3 coats of glitter and a quick dry top coat and it stays on like iron. I may have to buy one or two more of these glitters ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by KattyBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I literally squealed out loud when I saw this color a few months ago at the drugstore- it is so eyecatching and pretty! It was like nothing I'd ever seen before. Silvery gold glitter with larger lilac flecks, it is nearly opaque with one coat. I can't stop staring at my nails when i wear it.
Worn alone, it does chip like crazy. But the color is pale enough that it doesn't look too horrible, honestly. I patched it up in the mornings and got a few good days wear out of it. I'm a jeweler and very rough on my nails. I'm sure that use of a base and top coat would go a long way to preserve the look of this polish, but I honestly haven't tried it yet.
I'll bet this would be a gorgeous French manicure tip color. As an accent nail, I recently layered it over navy blue- stunning!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by tickles1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great color, very bling bling! I did put it over a cheap $1 light gray nail polish, LA Colors Color Glaze in number 558, from the Dollar Tree, which in and of itself, is very durable and long-lasting. This has stayed perfect with no chips or scratches for 4 days and counting. I do put a coat of Sally Hansen's Diamond Shine on top of all of my polishes, and it makes for a hard top coat with great shine. This does have a slight gritty feel to it even with the top coat on, but i have not found that it snags on anything, just a little rough to the touch.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by beabeautyqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

"Big Money". Can I just say - what a hilarious name for a nailpolish. I spent a few minutes having a giggle about it. This is a very dense, eye catching nailpolish. The combination of lilac and gold sparkles is beautiful and works with any colour. I initially bought this to apply over an opaque colour, but because the nailpolish is so dense I find it hard to see the base colour. I wouldn't really recommend this to wear over a nailpolish because you won't see the colour underneath. Once this nailpolish has dried it is really difficult to remove. I legitimately mean it when I say that I had to work for 5 minutes on each nail to fully remove the glitter. It also dries very rough too - but you can overcome this by applying your favourite top coat to achieve a smooth finish. I can't comment on how chip proof this is because I have acrylic nails and everything stays on without a chip when you have acrylics. A beautiful, dense colour. Thanks Sally, you've done it again!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by arielicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love using this to create a sparkling French tip instead of the usual white which gives a super stark contrast against my pink-nude base colour! Have not tried it on its own yet because I'm not a huge fan of full on glitter colours! It looks a little dull in the bottle but once painted on the nails, it is a light champagne gold colour with light purple (lilac) round flecks. Very shiny and sparkly! Tempted to try others in the same range! :)