Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw

3.9

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Finding a good red lipstick can be harder than it sounds. Drugstore brands weren't working for me, so I decided to try something more higher-end. After a recommendation from a friend, I went to Sephora to pick up the Stila Liquid Lipstick in Beso. They were sold out, so the saleswoman showed me Outlaw as a slightly cheaper dupe.

I am so glad I went with Outlaw over Beso! The color is the most perfect blue-toned true red and the application is creamy and the doe foot applicator makes applying it very easy. It dries within a minute and it also does not budge once it dries; seriously, this lipstick could survive eating, drinking, kissing and nuclear war. I apply it in the morning and I only have to reapply it once in a full 12-hour day. It is a matte product, so be sure to exfoliate and apply a little lip balm before hand to avoid dryness. It has a faint cosmetic kind of smell, but it's not something you'll notice unless you go to sniff the applicator.

As far as I am concerned, this is the holy grail of red lipsticks; worth every penny!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Too orangey for my skin tone. I actually thought this would be a brick red tone lippy. This is the first shade that I just did not like.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got a sample size version of this, and I really love it! It's a beautiful shade of red that really compliments my super pale skin, and it really nice staying power. I used it with Too Faced lip insurance primer, and I would definitely recommend it! First day I wore the application, it lasted through an entire work day, as well as dinner and drinks afterward...no touch-ups needed! I did try it on its own, with no liner or primer, and it did come off a bit on my chin while eating, but the colour on my lips was still fantastic! It also feels nice, not too drying or sticky. Will be getting more colours for sure!

I totally scored when I found this at marshall's for $8; I probably wouldn't have purchased it at full price, but now I'll probably repurchase after I use it up. I haven't experienced the flaking issues that other reviewers have, but it does wear off pretty easily. Thankfully reapplication looks fine, unlike some liquid lipsticks that layer weirdly. The thing I HATE about this is that I always manage to somehow get it on my hands and on the packaging. It looks like blood and it's so difficult to get off, so I have to settle for looking like a murderer for a little while. But I look like a murderer with flipping gorgeous lips because this color is aaaaaammaaaaaazing. It's opaque and electric bright.

Pros: The colors are true and opaque. They look gorgeous on the lips and apply fairly easily.

Cons: This is cement. It feels like cement. They crumble on me after a while and flake because they are just so dry. Very uncomfortable to wear. I'd suggest the Sephora Cream Lip Stains instead!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is VERY OPAQUE! This product glides on smooth, and takes some practice to line your lips perfectly. GORGEOUS matte, orangey red lipstick! The problem is the wear. Yes, it is kiss-proof, but it starts crumbling and peel on the inside of my mouth after eating (NOT EVEN GREASY FOODS!), or drinking, and also sometimes transfers under my bottom lip. I get TONS of compliments, but I wish it would be more durable.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A good red is a must in every makeup kit! I am a NARS Dragon Girl fan (also NARS Red Square for the summer), but like any other makeup junkie, I am in constant search for new finds.

I found the Kat Von D Lip Vixen Duo at Sephora and decided to purchase one so I could try the Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw and Studded Kiss Lipstick (in I forgot the name of the nude shade) without committing to full size ones. I love this true red Outlaw! It goes on smoothly, lasts for a meal or two, and for some reason, it fades out nicely, like a proper stain (and not a worn-out lipstick). I've seen the packaging of the full size one, it's slim and sleek! That goes for the mini version, too, but of course, it's much smaller.

Definitely buying the full size! Now I have another great red in my kit!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to try this out due to almost every cosmetic brand coming out with liquid lipsticks, maybe cause of hype. I have tried maybellines superstay 24hr lipstick, but it flaked off my lips badly. I got this today, and i must say that it is similar to maybellines, that it applies a liquid but dries to a nonbudging finish. The good thing is that it does not flake as bad as maybellines, and in some lighting its a bright red but in darker lighting it looks more brown, which i think ive grown accustomed to mac ruby woo where it looks red anywhere. And i made a mistake of applying mac lip conditioner before it, which made it never dry, so dont use lip balm right before, and if you do, wipe it off, cause it wont dry. I probably will get this lipstick again, but in a different color cause im not too wild about this one. My boyfriend thanks me that i got it cause it doesnt transfer onto his lips when he kisses me. The less transfer the better so he wont look ridiculous

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It was patchy and stiff on my lips while also making my lips flake. The colour payoff was rich and it lasted long (for HOURS!) but I hated the tackiness and how it made my lips stick together.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Lasted a whole pasta sauce meal which included drinks and dessert. That's good enough for me. And my lips aren't peeling which is rare and unusual. But it does transfer. That made me nervous but post meal selfies have me in full lip with some lip colour lost on the inside but it's not obvious.

Recommended for Medium Skin