August 30, 2014 | 1010 users online

Concealers - NYX - HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2014 3:43:00 AM More reviews by jxnnifxr1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked up this concealer as i seen it was really popular. plus i just needed a concealer for my under eyes. i picked up the shade "yellow" and let me tell you it is super yellow! but i have olive/ yellow undertones, ans purple bags.
i dislike this concealer. its lightweight which is nice but within a couple of hours of wear my bags peak through, & this creases on me like crazy!!!even after i set it with a powder. it also makes my under eye are look pretty dry. wouldnt recommend this at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by echoluster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had high hopes for a liquid concealer after watching some Goss videos touting them as the solution to creasing, but I found this far worse than cream concealer at creasing.

This also performs horribly if I apply it over eye primer (the same kind I use under eye shadow -- NARS).

I also can't find the right time for blending this. If I start blending right away, most of it gets wiped away, but if I wait too long it's already dry and hard to do anything with. I don't think it spreads well either, I have to apply a very small amount on all the skin I want the concealer to be on and pray while blending.

So overall, I found this to be a dud. Using Kiehl's Avocado eye cream and Laura Mercier Secret Concealer with a touch of the Pixi peach corrector (if needed), set with LM secret brightening powder works far better for me. I'm fair with fairly dark undereye circles that don't go away no matter how much sleep I get.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by GeniaDeanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Works really well to cover up scars I got from my cat scratching me and break outs that seem to never leave.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2014 4:49:00 AM More reviews by jumersmith

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a great concealer for the price, the creasing is light but I found that it wears off of me after about 4 hours. Also the colours are great but I haven't found my exact match. I would buy again for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

One of my favorite concealers. This does cover my dark circles well and does a great job for concealing without being cakey. I like the wand and it blends nicely. I prefer this over many other concealers I have and will continue to purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by subahe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have it in CW06 and it is a great colour match for my undereye area. I don't use it for covering blemishes, because it does not cover them and does not last long. I use it for my dark circles and it does a great job concealing them. It does get into my fine lines after some hours wearing it, but it does not look bad. The price is really good although it only contains 3 grams (0.11 oz). I am still searching for a good concealer that I can use for both covering blemishes and my dark circles, but in the meantime, I always keep a tube of this product in my stash

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I had high hopes for this concealer and found it to be a bummer.
It did nothing for my under eyes or blemishes. I even returned it because that is how unhappy I was with this product.
It did not wear long, and did not look natural on the skin. Very cheap looking when applied

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good concealer. It is readily available at places like Ulta and very affordable. I have this in the shade Fair and I think the reason it works for so many people is because this seems to be a true neutral shade. Lots of cheap concealers tend to be peach colored but this is just very neutral and good enough for my skin tone. It is a bit light on me though. It doesn't crease too badly and doesn't look too powdery. I have two small cherry angiomas on my face and I usually test out concealers there to see how well they cover. This NYX concealer can't hide them completely but it is a pretty good choice overall.

Edit: So I just checked the NYX website and they describe the shade Fair as "beige with pink undertones". I have yellow undertones and this still works for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the shade in Tan. It blends well and doesn't exaggerate my pores. It feels light on the skin without causing any oiliness. I like that the tube is thin and that the applicator brush isn't rough on my skin. My only complaint is that the shade I picked is slightly dark so I will have to pick a better shade next time I head to Ulta. For now, I like this for darkening up my lighter foundations and for contouring some areas of my face. Nyx usually has some great sales. I paid about five bucks but I'm sure you can get it cheaper BOGO or with a coupon.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by sunshine880

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim at Ulta. I regularly use other NYX products so thought I would give it a try since I was running out of my normal concealer - Make Up For Ever Full Cover cream - and wasn't relishing the thought of buying another tube for $35. At $4.99, I figured what the heck. I am SO glad I did.

I honestly think it is even better than the MUFE concealer, which is 6 times the price. They have a good array of colors, it blends like a dream, and when set with powder lasts all day for me.

I use this concealer to cover up blemishes or redness, and then follow up with powder (I do not use foundation). I do not use it under my eyes so I don't know how it performs in that respect. All I know is it is cheap and it works great for my purposes! Try it - if it doesn't work for you, at least you didn't break the bank! Thank you NYX for making great products at affordable prices!