October 21, 2014 | 916 users online

Concealers - NYX - HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by westcoastduchessxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a concealer that would highlight under my eyes and cover my dark under eye circles, and this does it! I love this concealer, I would think that would be drying, but it hasn't dried me out yet! I moisturize under my eyes before I put it on and don't experience any creasing or drying which is very good since some drugstore concealers dry out my face. I recommend this product, just make sure you put it next to your face and under eyes and look in a mirror before buy it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by DanicaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I could not be happier that i took a chance on this concealer! I rarely go to London Drugs as Shoppers Drug Mart is usually closer, so had i not gone into LD the other day, i wouldn't have walked by the NYX display they had. I tired a few things actually; an eyebrow pencil, bronzer, and this concealer. I love love LOVE it. Its thick enough that it provides amazing coverage, covers up my blemishes effortlessly and doesn't crease under my eyes, or really anywhere actually. Generally i'll use the wand and put a little over any blemished area and then use my foundation brush to spread it out. Works wonders, seriously. You dont need to layer it on either, atleast i haven't had to, 1 layer covers everything i need it to. My MAC liquid foundation goes over perfectly and im left with a flawless looking face even when my skin isn't cooperating. I think i can happily say i have found my HG concealer!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Who could know after all the extremely expensive concealers I tried desperately searching for one that didn't break me out and still looked decent, this little gem would waltz into my life. And all thanks to makeup alley! ;) I own two. One in cw04 and the other in cw02. I have to mix depending on the time of year but it's so worth it for me. They consistency is neither dry nor hydrating. It lasts all day without fading. No oxidizing. And blends effortlessly. It's so fool proof and I never would've tried it if someone never recommended it to me here on MUA. For 4.99 it's a steal and like I said, literally first "base" product that has never broken me out. Not even black heads, clogged pores, nothing!! It's everything I wanted nars radiant creamy concealer to be but better and so cheap! HG success :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Naima1587

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of NYX due to the amazing pigmentation of eyeliners, lip creams and blushes. So of course, I wanted to venture into the rest of the line with concealers. I figured, the concealers have to live up to the name, right? At the time I had breakouts and acne scars that I wanted to cover up and I looked into this HD line hoping it would be a great alternative to MAC's Studio Finish concealer which I love!

The trouble I encountered was they didn't have a color that matched me. For reference, I am an NC 42 and I was matched in between 06 and 07. Truthfully, because I was just trying out the product I really didn't want to spend extra money on two different shades. I bought the 06 Glow and when applied on my face, the color was too light that it was very noticeable that I was wearing concealer.

Overall, the concealer is excellent as it's very creamy and it gave great coverage. Instead, I use it under my eyes and I love the way it looks. It does not crease during the day! I love the product and NYX in general, however I would repurchase if they either had more colors or if there's a sale and I get a darker color to mix.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this concealer. I have found a perfect match in 06 glow. I have light med neutral skin and was looking for something I could use under my eyes, down nose, Cupid's bow, all that to highlight with. Everyday I do light contouring and highlighting and wanted a concealer that was not drastically lighter than my foundation, because if I go a couple shades lighter, oh boy... It may not be extremely noticeable IRL , but in photos it can look like... I was trying to "conceal"
Shade 06 glow can be no more perfect in shade. It is a light/med with neutral leaning warm tones, perfect for highlighting. it's just barely lighter than my foundation so it's not going to be jumping off my face.
The texture is very creamy but not heavy or runny super easy to blend and I like the doe foot applicator, super simple.
The packaging is good and has a nice weight to it, doesn't fell to cheepy cheepy like a lot of drugstore concealers, even though this is a cheepy and will run you around $5.
The best part is it seems to really smooth out my under eye making it more uniform in color and texture "HDing" it I reckon.
I have notice it crease a little but I have yet to find one that doesn't and a little tapping/gentle rub will fix that right up.
All in all this is a very nice product to use and it will be in my everyday routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by EmilyBMakeUp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I picked up two of these concealers about a month ago, one in cw02(fair) and cw10(yellow) they are very pigmented and cover most my issues with a light amount, however its easy to build up to much, start creasing, or look cakey and visible on the skin. the yellow does wonders for cancelling out my redness and tired eyes, but it can't just be left to set or form a film on the skin, they have to be sheered out and worked with. they also require a powder to set into place. they are still a major pro in my books as the price, colour range and pigmentation more than make up for the work involved in achieving a barely there make up look. even though on my dry skin I have to set them, they don't cake up and feel dry later on in the day, and once used properly don't slip around or crease. definitely something I'll be thinking about repurchasing

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by ilikefishh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Quality is good for the price. I love how well it covers my under eye dark circles.
It really brightens up that area and it is pretty matte. The texture is creamy and blendable.
The only con is it does crease, but I have yet to find a concelear that doesn't do this to me, so I'll live with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Msritagee

I have been searching for a concealer to reduce the redness around my nose and cheeks. I purchased the green HD concealer and was very disappointed with it. It looked extremely green and was hard to blend in with the foundation. I may choose a different color but definitely not the green

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Imperfection85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this concealer but I hate it!!! It's way too green and The coverage is terrible!!! It does reduce the redness a little but it definitely does not take it away!!! Also it make my foundation look greenish!!! I just started using NYX Products and surprisingly this is the only one i really didnt like ;(

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Princessamata

This concealer is very liquid. It creases and doesn't cover anything . The plus is that when I wear glasses and my makeup comes off on the sides of my nose...I can use this to touch up. What I mean is that it is so runny that you can put it over powder and it won't cake . You can blend it right back in to touch up.