September 2, 2014 | 948 users online

Concealers - Dalton Conceal-it Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by cali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So glad I bought this!!! I have been on a huge foundation hunt since my beloved Mehron HD Pro started to oxidize on my skin in the heat this past summer and their color selection is too limited. I have tried over a handfull of foundations and this one is the closest replacement to my Mehron so far.

I bought the medium and dark from qvc and i'm glad I did because i am in between those shades. I love the handy container it comes in (keeps it uncontaminated and easy to travel with) but havent used the sponge cause I prefer to use latex free triangle sponges from cvs. i use a fresh on each time. (i know, not eco friendly but havent invested in a beauty blender yet and my skin is too sensitive to brushes) Anyways, this is a concealer but I use it as a near full coverage foundation. I love the full size pot because I have room to swipe my makeup sponge in there. So after mositurizer and primer, I dampen my sponge and swipe twice in the medium and once in the dark. Then i gently swipe and pat in downward motion. I can layer in more coverage by swiping more product and just bouncing and pressing into the areas that need it like my cheeks and chin. This has three silicones in it, so stay away if you are sensitive. However, my skin loves the barrier protection of silicones and my face feels protected and soothed after putting this on. also, for sensitive skin gals, this does not have talc or nylon-12, both of which break me out or make me dry and itchy.

There's a ton of pigment in this so you dont need a lot of product to get nearly full coverage. I say nearly full because I am ocd about covering some of my random dark brown freckles and so I go back in and lay a small amount/dot (with Real Techniques pointy concealer brush) of Hard Candy glamoflauge on my freckles and then press the HC glamoflauge into my skin with my still slightly damp makeup sponge. This help fuse the two products together and to your skin and blur the edges of the dots of concealer. Then I take a Real Techniques buffing brush and lightly smooth on some Fusion of Color diamond indulgence finishing powder in #2. This blends out all the edges and gives an airbrushed look. For me, the coverage is slightly matte (but I have quite dryish skin in fall and winter) and it does not have as much slip or dewey finish as the Mehron. But I think I can get this to "dewey" more on my skin if I layer a heavier mosturizer underneath. Its not all natural by any means since it has parabens, but the ingredients are quite few compared to some formulas. Also there is no fragrance which is huge plus for sensitive skin or noses. You get a lot of product for the money and qvc is great about returns so I am overall very happy with my purchase. (for reference, I tried the following foundations which almost all were fails and will write reviews soon: Sonia Kashuk Luminous, Loreal True Match Blendable liquid, RMS Beauty, Erzulie Cosmetics, Zosimos, Napolean Perdis stick foundation, Cinema Secrets(just ok, pita to find color match) , Paula Dorf liquid(love this & best for summer) , Jane Iredale liquid minerals.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

This is a "meh" product for me. I don't hate it, but I certainly don't love it. First off, the light shade is way too dark for my NC15 skin, which on its own isn't a reason to rate a product badly. Mostly I just find this cakey and it highlights flakes. Zits are dry and flaky and nasty so it's crucial that a coverup not make it worse. This does. It also doesn't have very opaque cover. This is nowhere near as good as the cheaper collection 2000 concealer, which is amazing.

However, this does shine in one way, as a spot foundation. It's sort of somewhere in between concealer and foundation. Everyone has those one or two super annoying spots on their face that really need a cake foundation, and this works perfectly for that. For instance I apply sheer coverage all over except on the red patches on my cheek. I take a damp beauty blender, dip it into the concealer, and bounce it over the stubborn bits and blend it into my normal foundation. I would not repurchase this, but for now that's a good way to use it up.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

UPDATE: Yeah, i really hate this stuff. It's greasy upon application and then cakes up underneath makeup or setting powder. Also breaks me out if I use it on my chin or nose.

ORIGINAL: This is my preliminary review since I've only recently received this product in the mail. I will continue to test it out but my first impression is - not impressed.

It's quite oily and doesn't provide a lot of coverage. I feel like it disappears shortly after I apply it, because I"ve found myself reapplying another concealer over top within 20 minutes of application.

I hate the compact. The little flip/cover that is holds the sponge is annoying. I'm most likely going to return this because it's just not that great for being so expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just love this product. I have combination skin, and it performs beautifully. The instant high coverage of a concealer with the ease of a foundation. it is a concealer, primer, foundation and eyelid primer base all in one. The compact is fabulous and large it will last easily for a very long time, which in the long run makes it affordable. The benefits are that it has silicone, vitamin E, and it's oil-free. I got it off QVC, and never would have found it otherwise. I adore this, and will continue to purchase, I have never found anything else quite like it. You only need to use a tiny amount, a little goes a long ways.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

If you have oily skin, I don't recommend this. I've been using Dermablend Cover Cream for 7 straight years now and I shouldn't have strayed. This slides off my oily skin in hours as a concealer. I could only recommend this to ladies with dry/mature skin as the product seems silicone-like and may be good for that particular skin type, but not for younger, oily skin like mine.

I will give this product a little plus that doesn't make this product completely worthless to me. I can wear it as a fast, on-the-go errands foundation for the whole face. The coverage is pretty good may I add as a foundation. It dries cream-to-powder like for a foundation purpose. For concealer, I just don't care for it. Mainly due to the texture/consistency of the formula. Or maybe I'm just used to the super dry consistency, stay put formula of the Dermablend which makes me biased to not like this. Either way, this is something I'm never buying again.