October 2, 2014 | 1789 users online

Lotions/ Creams - mark - White Vetiver Body Lotion

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mark.'s White Vetiver Body Lotion is supposed to "wrap your body in 'skin-irresistible'(wtf?) lotion, infused with smoothing conditioners". Mark. products are not tested on animals and are made in the USA. This body lotion originally retailed for $10 for 5 fl oz, but is currently on clearance for $2.99, which is a great steal.
White Vetiver comes packaged in a white squeeze tube with clear, flip top cap. The tube features a large black flower with the name of the scent written in it sideways. To be honest, from far away, the black flower kinda looks like a cow spot, which is humorous. However, once I fully realised it's meant to be a flower, I now look at the tube in a more positive, fancier light.
The lotion is white and on the thinner side. Its very smooth and has an ever so slightly greasy texture. Despite being a little greasy, this lotion absorbs super fast and doesn't leave a residue on the skin. White Vetiver claims to contain 'smoothing conditioners' and I believe it. This lotion makes my skin incredibly soft and smooth, and leaves it feeling genuinely moisturized. It makes my skin feel much better than any other perfumed body lotion. I don't even feel the need to reapply until the next day. That in it's self makes this lotion excellent.
Mark. states that this lotion is "laced with luscious, lingering notes of tuberose noir, black plum, and smokey white vetiver" I'mma be honest here, I don't know what any of those things smell like. But I do agree with Mark., that this scent is a little bit smokey, but also floral, and maybe a little grassy. Straight out of the tube, its a thick and heavy scent. Once on the skin,White Vetiver is much softer and delicate. It lingers on the skin for several hours without being very strong. Layered with the perfume, it'd probably have really good staying power. I think this scent has a sophistication to it that isn't really geared towards Mark.'s young target audience. Maybe if this was released as an Avon scent, it would've been more successful
I really like Mark.'s White Vetiver body lotion. I always say that their skin care and scents are some of the highlights of the brand, and this cross over of the two proves my point more than ever. The bottle and the scent are both sophisticated, but young. Perhaps too sophisticated for your average Mark. customer though. If you offer teen girls a sweet, vanilla scent or a smokey, grassy scent, they'll probably choose the vanilla one. If you're interested in purchasing White Vetiver, it's currently on clearance in the "last chance" section of Mark.'s webstore. To be honest, I'm going to be sad when I run out of this lotion. I think my skin will be too. I'd definitely repurchase it if it's still available next time I place a Mark. order. I did purchase a second tube, which'll be up for giveaway soon.