Shea Moisture Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Baobab Thickening Conditioner

3.6

Deionized Water, Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Sorbitol Esters, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Yucca Filamentosa Extract, Vegetable Protein, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Adansonia Digitata Extract (Baobab), Biotin, Rosemary Extract, Bamboo Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium Flower Extract (Honeysuckle), Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract (Japanese Honeysuckle)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Disclaimer: this product is not intended to be "hydrating". This product is recommended for those with limp, thin hair.

The first time I used this conditioner, I didn't really like it myself. I initially found it to be slightly drying, however it did volumize my hair. My hair-type is 3b/3c/4a with significant shrinkage, and slightly dry. First, I use a liquid spray conditioner, and then I use two different oils: olive and black Jamaican Castor oil and then I use a dime-sized amount of the Yucca and Baobab as leave-in conditioner, and my hair is not only volumzied, but soft to the touch....AND WE CAN'T FORGET ABOUT THE SMELL. THE SMELL IS FLORAL AND FRESH! Reminiscent of jasmine in my opinion.

Overall, I think that this conditioner is great if you properly hydrate your hair with the right products.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

The scent is SO clean and fresh. My hair feels super soft and moisturized every single time I use this conditioner. I just can't get enough of it. The ingredients are high quality and it's silicone free.

Since I have curly, but dry hair, this conditioner is perfect because it's has the perfect consistency of not being too light and not being too heavy. My curls pop and are revitalize when I use this product. I love this product so much that I wish they would make a liter size of it.

I love everything about this conditioner except for the packaging...I wish it was a squeeze bottle.

on 9/27/2013 3:33:00 PM

This was a great product. It can be drying, but definitely does it's job if you rotate it in once or twice a week. (For white girl hair) especially after bleach damage!!

on 6/17/2013 5:30:00 AM

This is one of the only products I haven't liked from the Shea Moisture line. It actually reminds me of the Growth MIlk in looking/feeling like a thick body lotion. Like some of the masks unfortunately it did nothing to detangle my hair even while wet which is crazy to me and defeats the purpose of even using a conditioner as it left my hair a tangled rats nest after I rinsed out. It is full of really quality ingredients which is why it would have been ideal for my fine hair but did nothing for me and I definitely don't need another body lotion lol. It really is a shame that the formula itself sucks. I find it odd how hard it is to find a natural conditioner that gives me some slip in the shower and doesn't weigh my hair down from just being too rich. Honestly the shampoos give me more hydration/slip. Might have to try the other version conditioners to see if they are any better.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Also known as Volumizing
This is my favorite Shea Moisture product. I love the scent of the yucca & baobab (green label) products - it's fresh instead of sweet. This conditioner detangles well and leaves my hair almost as smooth as if I had used a silicone conditioner and almost as shiny as if there were mineral oil. It is the best natural product to switch to if you're used to slip and shine, but don't want buildup or synthetic ingredients.