August 23, 2014 | 1008 users online

Shampoo - Shea Moisture - Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Baobab Thickening Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by sammi980

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the entire shea moisture line. The shampoo is great for curly hair because it is sulfate free, something that is important for curly hair care. I also like how their is a low soap level in the shampoos. Soapy shampoos strip the natural oil from your hair and damages.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Principesa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have straight baby fine hair so I am always searching for volumizing shampoo. It has been my experience that a shampoo alone does not make any difference. I bought this shampoo in a kit with a leave in conditioner and a moisture mask at Target for $20. I used them all at once and had some very coated hair. Assuming it was the leave in product I tried just the shampoo. Surprisingly I did have extra volume however my hair had that dirty feeling even though it was clean, if you know what I mean. It was not a bad thing but just odd that a shampoo alone could do this. I have been using this every few days but only on days off as the scent is very strong and really lingers. I figure if I can smell it all day so can everyone else. Since other reviews are noting the nice scent I either got a defective bottle or the scent doesn't work with me personally. To me it smells more masculine, kind of like aftershave. So I give it 4 lippies for really doing what it says, one off for the scent. If the scent was more natural I would purchase it again, but not with current scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

A nice shampoo that is very moisturizing and does not dry the hair or scalp out. It doesn't offer that super clean feeling that I want sometimes. Overall my hair is left with a nice sheen/ glossy look that lasts. It has a nice light scent that does not linger. I would definitely repurchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wasn't expecting to be blown away by this but I really am. Not only does this have a 0 on EWG but it smells amazing & works really well.
I do not have ethnic hair. I'm pale, with straight fine-med color-treated hair. This really does make my hair look thicker. I can even skip my velcro rollers on the days when I use this. (The only other product I use is Living Proof Perfect Hair Day styling cream.) Note: This does leave a "product" feel to your roots. It doesn't make my hair dirtier faster (I can still wash 2x/wk) but I know that the product-y feel won't work for everyone.
This was my first SM product but it certainly won't be the last.

UPDATE: Any time I don't use this shampoo, my hair look flat & limp. Which is horrible because now I'm completely screwed if they ever discontinue it. If any of you hear that they are going to DC it, please PM me and let me know so I can buy 10 bottles of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by SDSnyds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the best, if not THE best organic shampoo I've ever used. My hair is pretty short, very oily scalp but dry hair (go figure) and very thin. I never need a conditioner after using this. Leaves my hair soft, full and bouncy. For those of you complaining of buildup, just use a clarifying shampoo once a week. Any shampoo will cause buildup if used long enough, which is why they make clarifying shampoos. It's pretty simple.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by zigwara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For some reason I was not able to select that 5th little lipstick mark but I give this a 100%. I've been experimenting with different types of shampoos and conditioners for YEARS and I really love this stuff. My hair is fine and sort of thin and falls limp if I let it air dry, still does even if I do my best at a blow out (I avoid using product) but this stuff really gives it a boost. I recently purchased a different brand to test this and my hair just isn't the same as when I was using SM. AND it smells amazing. I read some reviews mentioning build-up, the formula is thick, you have to make sure you are properly washing the product out of your hair and that you aren't using too much conditioner. I also suggest a clarifying shampoo maybe once every week or two to help.

Fine haired ladies, totally give this a try. It's a miracle to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by sideeffex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have very fine hair and this shampoo really boosts the volume to a degree where I don't even need to blow dry. I've experimented with a LOT of non-sulfate shampoos and this stuff is definitely the best. It also doesn't irritate my scalp like a lot of other non-SLS shampoos tend to do. Wish it had a pump though as the previous reviewer said (I also use the pump from the conditioner).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by kstoopid

Only gripe is that I wish it had a pump like the conditioners, so when I use up a conditioner I'll just transfer the pump from that bottle to this one. I got this on clearance at Target for $7. Love this whole line. Especially this shampoo and the volumizing mist. Smells like a dream. Cleanses well without stripping. My hair has the most incredible shine after I wash with this shampoo and then use the volumizing conditioner or the deep moisturizing she conditioner. Totally transformed my hair. I DO NOT HAVE ETHNIC HAIR! I have a TON of fine long blonde highlighted hair. Works amazing for me. Cannot say enough great things about this brand!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by suzieMarie

I really wanted to like this product after reading all of the good reviews. I don't know if It was the shampoo or the conditions but my hair felt sticky after I blow dried my hair. I have oily hair and I can go an additional two days after a blow dry without washing. With this product I had to wash my hair the next day !!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by mermaidmeow

This was one of the first all natural shampoos i tried after I stumbled upon a buy one get one free deal at Target. I had just been using a sulfate free commercial brand shampoo. It took me awhile to get used to the lather compared to other shampoos, but once i got the hang og that I loved it. The smell is odd, but refreshing and healthy. I always paired it with the SM restorative conditioner and my hair seemed to like both. I have wavy hair with medium thickness and a coarse tecture. I have since then moved on to other shampoos and conditioners, but I would defiantly buy this again. i just have a compulsive beauty products purchasing problem :)