April 16, 2014 | 1615 users online

Shampoo - Shea Moisture - Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Baobab Thickening Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wasn't expecting to be blown away by this but I really am. Not only does this have a 0 on EWG but it smells amazing & works really well.
I do not have ethnic hair. I'm pale, with straight fine-med color-treated hair. This really does make my hair look thicker. I can even skip my velcro rollers on the days when I use this. (The only other product I use is Living Proof Perfect Hair Day styling cream.) Note: This does leave a "product" feel to your roots. It doesn't make my hair dirtier faster (I can still wash 2x/wk) but I know that the product-y feel won't work for everyone.
This was my first SM product but it certainly won't be the last.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by SDSnyds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the best, if not THE best organic shampoo I've ever used. My hair is pretty short, very oily scalp but dry hair (go figure) and very thin. I never need a conditioner after using this. Leaves my hair soft, full and bouncy. For those of you complaining of buildup, just use a clarifying shampoo once a week. Any shampoo will cause buildup if used long enough, which is why they make clarifying shampoos. It's pretty simple.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by zigwara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For some reason I was not able to select that 5th little lipstick mark but I give this a 100%. I've been experimenting with different types of shampoos and conditioners for YEARS and I really love this stuff. My hair is fine and sort of thin and falls limp if I let it air dry, still does even if I do my best at a blow out (I avoid using product) but this stuff really gives it a boost. I recently purchased a different brand to test this and my hair just isn't the same as when I was using SM. AND it smells amazing. I read some reviews mentioning build-up, the formula is thick, you have to make sure you are properly washing the product out of your hair and that you aren't using too much conditioner. I also suggest a clarifying shampoo maybe once every week or two to help.

Fine haired ladies, totally give this a try. It's a miracle to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by sideeffex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have very fine hair and this shampoo really boosts the volume to a degree where I don't even need to blow dry. I've experimented with a LOT of non-sulfate shampoos and this stuff is definitely the best. It also doesn't irritate my scalp like a lot of other non-SLS shampoos tend to do. Wish it had a pump though as the previous reviewer said (I also use the pump from the conditioner).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by kstoopid

Only gripe is that I wish it had a pump like the conditioners, so when I use up a conditioner I'll just transfer the pump from that bottle to this one. I got this on clearance at Target for $7. Love this whole line. Especially this shampoo and the volumizing mist. Smells like a dream. Cleanses well without stripping. My hair has the most incredible shine after I wash with this shampoo and then use the volumizing conditioner or the deep moisturizing she conditioner. Totally transformed my hair. I DO NOT HAVE ETHNIC HAIR! I have a TON of fine long blonde highlighted hair. Works amazing for me. Cannot say enough great things about this brand!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by suzieMarie

I really wanted to like this product after reading all of the good reviews. I don't know if It was the shampoo or the conditions but my hair felt sticky after I blow dried my hair. I have oily hair and I can go an additional two days after a blow dry without washing. With this product I had to wash my hair the next day !!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by mermaidmeow

This was one of the first all natural shampoos i tried after I stumbled upon a buy one get one free deal at Target. I had just been using a sulfate free commercial brand shampoo. It took me awhile to get used to the lather compared to other shampoos, but once i got the hang og that I loved it. The smell is odd, but refreshing and healthy. I always paired it with the SM restorative conditioner and my hair seemed to like both. I have wavy hair with medium thickness and a coarse tecture. I have since then moved on to other shampoos and conditioners, but I would defiantly buy this again. i just have a compulsive beauty products purchasing problem :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was my last attempt at a natural line for hair products. I have super fussy natural wavy fine/frizzy/dry/pouffy hair. Finding a balance for dry (not damaged) length and oily prone roots is a challenge. I had tried ds and high end salon line products for years and they all had the common of either drying/frizzing my hair more from all the sulfates or weighing it down from all the cones. Natural products I tried from many other lines weren't any better sadly as they oddly stripped my hair or weighed it down from too many heavy oils. Shea Moisture products were such a surprise. I always saw their body products at stores like Target, just assuming those was a fufu overpriced natural line. After ordering some hair products online from reading rave reviews I couldn't be more impressed especially with the Volumizing line. It has so many amazing ingredients for strengthening my hair among giving me the moisture i need. My hair is finally not weighed down like an oil slick and I feel like I am getting great scalp benefits too. The products smells great and this shampoo has the most lush creamy lather without having to use half the bottle like many natural shampoos. The lather also doesn't feel like it's stripping my hair at all. If that weren't enough smells amazing too just like the Purification Masque I am using with it. I ordered the Coconut Hibiscus Body Wash which is fabulous as well. Don't hesitate to try any of these products, such high end healthy quality for pennies compared to the high cost of crap products I have tried! :)
UPDATE 6/15/13: Still rate this as a great product but I have tried the Curl Shampoo in the line which is a better fit for me even with my fine wavy hair. I love how the Thickening Shampoo has Biotin and strengthening ingredients to help hair grow among all the good oils for moisture but the protein I realized was in it killed it for me. My hair hates protein and this is what I couldn't put my finger on as to how in the world my length was still dry after this shampoo. Leave it to protein to ruin an amazing formula. If not for that I would still be using this one. Amazing for anyone who has no protein issues. So many options in this line from hair care and to the body washes and shave products I love as well. Such a rare thing to find such a quality line that is full of pure ingredients, smells amazing, generous sizes, healthy for you, and is so affordable/available and local stores. I wish all the HE lines I have tried in my lifetime were half this quality in which case I would have continued to pay 3x as much for them.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by mich52331

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm very happy with this shampoo. First of all, I enjoy the thick, cushiony lather and gentle, plant-like smell. The product lasts a long time because you don't have to use a lot of it. It causes much less dryness and flaking than almost any other shampoos I've tried and cleans well (I use a lot of product in my hair). The only two drawbacks for me: 1) if I'm washing my hair, it will need to be a long shower because this shampoo takes forever for me to rinse out completely due to the thick lather, and 2) my hair does get oily a bit sooner when I shampoo with this because it's so moisturizing. But with dry shampoo I can still extend the time between washes, and I appreciate not having a severely dry scalp.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A while back I also used to really like a yucca & aloe shampoo from another company that has since been discontinued, so I was excited to find this & thought it would work well for my hair. The ingredient list is relatively short & it contains great-for-your-hair vitamins & botanicals, such as yucca, aloe,biotin, rosemary..no sodium chloride or silicones, which is a must for me. The shampoo is very thick, with a pearly sheen. You only need a little. It lathers well enough. Doesn't make a tangled mess of my hair like some 'natural' shampoos. However, I do lose more hair with this one than I would like. It also smells very, very strong. I believe it must be the honeysuckle. I have read reviews from people who love the smell, but I really, really hate it. It doesn't fade, either, but rather lasts all day. After using a bit of the matching conditioner, my fine hair (drier at ends, oilier at roots) looks clean and shiny, if not a bit flat, probably because the shampoo & conditioner are both so thick and more moisturizing than I normally like for my fine hair. I paid $8.59 each for the shampoo & conditioner on sale at Walgreens.com. (normally $9.99) I think I am going to give it away, because in addition to disliking the smell, it also gives me painful scalp acne.