Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Night Emulsion

3.5

Water, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Mineral Oil, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40-B, Petrolatum, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Behenyl Alcohol, PEG-6, PEG-32, Squalane, PEG-5 Glyceryl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Microcrystalline Wax, Carbomer, PEG/PPG-17/4 Dimethyl Ether, Phytosteryl Macadamiate, Alcohol, Potassium Hydroxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Butylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Sodium Metaphosphate, Limonene, Linalool, Sapindus Mukurossi Peel Extract, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Uncaria Gambir Extract, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Hydroxyproline, Hypericum Erectum Extract, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Tocopherol

on 5/19/2014 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I purchased this to replace the Benefiance Revitalizing Emulsion, which is one of my all-time most loved moisturizers. I hadn't had it in a while and didn't think that the new name meant a total reformulation-- which was silly of me. Sadly I can't get past the scent to even find out if it's as good as the original. It's got a very harsh, synthetic floral-perfumey smell that I cannot tolerate. Very very sad. Shiseido makes incredible skincare products as a rule, and I've never encountered a scent issue with them before.

on 5/1/2014 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this Night Emulsion!

A little bit about my skin before Shiseido: I was using Paula's Choice products for about 8 years with great success but then I started to become very sensitive to the AHA products. Even when I stopped using the AHA's my face was still sensitive. I couldn't even use face scrubs because my face would burn! Yes, I was THAT sensitive. So, I was on the hunt for nourishing line of products.

I decided on Shiseido Benefiance because I have always tried their creams at the counters and it was always so decadent ( I just never purchased in the past because of the cost and because Paula Begoun criticizes Shiseido for it's use of fragrance, which she says can cause irritation.) So, I went with my intuition and bought 4 of the Shiseido Benefiance products!

For about 3 weeks I have been using the Benefiance Creamy Cleansing Foam, the Benefiance Softener (enriched), Benefiance Day Emulsion and Night Emulsion. It solved my biggest concern, which was the redness and sensitivity!! My skin went from red and sensitive to NOURISHED and HYDRATED! I am SO HAPPY that my skin has calmed down! I am also starting to see my skin tone starting to even out! On some days, I go out without any makeup because of how great my skin looks!!! Now that my skin seems stronger, I have started using face scrubs (with grains) again and my face is not beet red!!

After these products are done, I will DEFINATELY repurchase! It is worth the high cost!

on 1/1/2014 7:27:00 PM

I love this one. Received a deluxe sample from Shiseido, and I have to say the packaging was not so great. Managing to get get the product out takes some work, but it is well worth it. True, the perfume is quite strong, but if you like it (as I do) there is no problem. Cream is very thick on application, and it takes a while to sink in. The results are really good for my dehydrated skin, I wake up with my face supple and smooth. Will most probably buy again in a biggre format.

on 7/24/2013 7:38:00 AM

I received a deluxe sample size of this with a recent order (it was a travel size in a glass bottle so it lasted me for a couple of weeks). It is very strongly floral scented lotion-type product, not as thick as a cream but more liquid. It was great on my dry skin but never really seemed to absorb into my oilier areas and instead I was left with a film on my skin.

I woke up every morning with refreshed and brighter-looking skin, but the addition of fragrance to this product means that I won't be purchasing a full size of this. If this was made to be fragrance free then I might consider using this during the winter when I am not so oily.

on 5/16/2013 8:26:00 AM

I absolutely love this night cream. It's really light when applied and my skin feel super soft and smooth when I wake up in the morning. The bottle is rather expensive, but it lasts a very long time. I did not try the day cream, but tempted to do so at some point, given that the night cream works do well for me.

on 3/18/2013 3:54:00 AM

This emulsion is heavy, I have oily combination skin, when applied, it makes my face sticky and I just felt my skin can't absorb it. When I wake up the next morning, could still feel my face sticky and uncomfortable. I think this would be more suitable for those with very dry skin.

on 2/26/2013 3:35:00 PM

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this night emulsion!! I cannot say enough about how beneficial this has been for my skin. It's lightweight, yet makes my skin so soft and hydrated. I've been battling fine lines on my upper cheeks, around my eyes and between my eyebrows, plus the beginnings of laugh lines around my mouth. Other moisturizers were either too heavy and clogged my pores, or did nothing for my fine lines. I've been using this night emulsion for several weeks (all over my face, even around my eyes and on my neck) and my fine lines are looking so much better! My skin is looking firmer and smoother, and more plump. The criss cross lines under my eyes are almost non-existent now! My upper cheeks look so much smoother, my laugh lines are almost gone as well as the fine lines between my eyebrows. I have no idea how well this will work on others' skin, but it has been a miracle for mine! LOVE IT!!! By the way, I use this emulsion morning and night because it is light, absorbs quickly, and works beautifully under makeup. During the day I follow it with Shiseido's Dual Balancing foundation (which has spf17), and the finish is flawless! 10 Lippies if I could!!!

on 2/16/2012 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had high hopes because I have enjoyed numerous products from other lines of Shiseido skincare over the years. After a month of using the night emulsion I am disappointed. I have normal skin which tends to be dry in winter. this lotion is runny but it feels quite greasy going on. It doesn't really absorb into my skin so I went to bed with a shiny face thinking that I was well moisturized. The next morning I found my face to be dry and no improvement in tone and texture. I couldn't understand where all that moisture went.
Btw it has a somewhat pleasing but strong fragrance. it didnt bother me much. I just wish the product did more for my skin. I will be searching for another night cream.

Popular Face Skincare Products