December 17, 2014 | 1737 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips lip balm in Grape Vine

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by jvan219

I purchased this after watching a YouTube review, as I was intrigued. I typically go for more pink shades, but I thought I would be adventurous, and I'm sure glad I did! I'm a fan of most babylips, but this color is my favorite!! In the tube, the color looks intimidating, but on, it creates the most gorg rapper berry/wine/plum color. It's pigmented, and shows up beautifully. It's not opaque like a lipstick would be, but gives great color. I get a ton of compliments on this when I wear it, and it has quickly become my favorite! Def give it a try, you'll be elated that you did. And at $3-4....it's a steal!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by darkskyequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this I really thought I'd eventually get bored of it and it would be sitting in my unwanted makeup pile. That is so not the case with this. I use it almost every day since it first came out and have repurchased it many times. It truly keeps my lips hydrated and makes me look more alive especially after my 12 hr shifts. I sometimes wear this under some of my super nude lipsticks and lip liners for a more wearable and flattering look. I've tried other baby lips colors/flavors and haven't had as good of an experience with them in terms of texture and flexible use.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by jadefly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the idea of a tinted lip balm: a slight sheen of color with all the down-to-earth benefits and ease of use of a lip balm! The bright packaging is cute and fun, and the lip balm itself smells like grape-flavored candy. The color of the lip balm itself looks intimidatingly dark purple but goes on a sheer, soft berry. I like it well enough, especially since it includes SPF. However, I do notice that my lips start feeling dry more quickly than when I use my plain old Chapstick, so I may experiment with other brands of tinted lip balms before I try other colors of this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by TheBeautySwiftie

The product: color is amazing, a beautiful light raspberry. The formula is terrific; it has a creamy feel and leaves my lips soft and lush and moisturized. Love it! It smells great too, like a grape tart pie.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by ngdmfw

I have gone through about 3 tubes of this so far! Its moisturizing, but you do have to reapply throughout the day. It gives the best "your lips but better" type color and it smells and feels amazing! :D

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

The smell on this is strong, and it can get greasy and slick feeling if you apply too much. However, it moisturizes well and has a pretty tint

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by HisFirst

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lip balm smells nice and layers over lipstick ok. It is not very moisturizing and the color is almost non-existent. I originally purchased this in the summer time and liked it ok. I repurchased again it because my teenage daughter likes it and I got 50% off the second one. This time it was the winter time. This stuff just sits on top of dry lips and mocks them. It works ok layered over a drier lipstick, but doesn't last at all. If you're buying this balm in the wintertime, don't expect it to moisturize. I will not be repurchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by hotpink55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These baby lips lip balms are one of thee most overrated products I can think of. I mean, all you hear about are these and what are their purpose besides looking cute? They dont do jack for dry lips and they feel sooooo greasy. This scent smells really good and looks cute but thats IT.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by YADAYADAYADA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim - totally didn't need it for any reason except to try - and while I do like the colour (sort of a sheer medium plummy pink), I cannot stand the 'taste'. I don't lick my lips at all so I'm guessing I am tasting the scent, if that makes any sense. It tastes like perfume. I hate it. So, no matter how much I like the colour, sadly I cannot wear it. It's a very greasy feeling balm as well. Not a lot of lasting power here. They should flavour it and market it to tweens.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by hallycat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best Baby Lips tied w/ Quenched. My HG natural pink (I'll explain). Moisturizing, slick. My lips are a natural coral. Purple tones the coral out of my lips and makes them a natural pink. Good everyday lippie. Balm + gloss + light color = 3 in 1! I use it with Maybelline Great Lash BIG mascara, which many hate, but it works amazingly for me.
Yummy Plummy did not tone out the coral, it turned my lips taupe. Needless to say, I don't use that one very much.

Pros:
-tones coral out of my lips (unless I want the coral color)
-cute packaging
-cheap drugstore lippie
-3 in 1
-no mirror needed to apply
-smells like grape Koolaid
-good everyday lippie
-moisturizing
-light feeling, doesn't weigh lips down

Cons:
-a bit oily (not a big deal)

Overall: 5/5
Packaging: 5/5
Where I bought it: Walmart
Available at: Target, Walgreens (US), Shoppers Drug Mart (Canada), CVS (US), Walmart, Rexall/Pharma Plus, Superstore