Chloe L'Eau de Chloe

4.1

on 1/21/2015 1:50:00 PM

Agree with tinkerbelles assessment 'watery, bland, headachy and pungent.'

Opens with lemon. Then dissipates into a powdery dry down.

Another reviewer mentioned Agent Provocateur. i do get the sense that somewhere in there, it is struggling to reach something approaching Agent Provocateur but that would be to do Agent Provocateur a grave injustice.

on 3/18/2014 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has been my go-to springy fragrance for the past year. The green colour of the juice is appropriate -- it smells a bit to me like cut grass, but with none of the burn or sharp edges. It also reminds me a bit of the smell of expensive hand cream (in a good way). Light and subtle but lasts all day on me, with relatively little change in the scent over time. Grown-up, modern, and professional.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Well, on me this smells pretty much exactly the same than Agent Provocateur. it's a greenisch rose with very light patchouli undertone. It's for when you seek for something green, light, young and fresh. I also love the color of the juice and their pretty 20 ml bottle, in limited edition. Marketing wise, it's chloe's answer to Chanel Coco Mademoiselle and Miss Dior cherie eaux. You really don't need to love rose and patchouli to love this. The price is really correct. I found Agent Provocateur far too expensive. I am really glad to have found a version at a more reasonnable price. Nothing bad to say about it. I enjoy it very much.

Caution : I have just tried on another bottle (the tester of a shop) and it's funny because it didn't smell at all like the one I reviewed up there. It actually didn't smell very good at all ! They might have change the composition. I think the one I reviewed is the most recent composition and the second I tried was an old bottle. Or maybe I was just Lucky with the bottle I bought. It was the 20 ml bottle. so I decided to remove 2 stars. It's too versatile.

on 12/6/2013 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I get a quick burst of lemon for 5 minutes. Then a watery powdery patchoulli and bitter "pencil shavings and chemicals" cedarwood drydown. Its weird how its watery and bland yet headachy and pungent at the same time in a "dirty hippy" cheap thin body spray way. Lasting power is poor, only 1 hour maybe 2 on me. Not worth the money.

If you like the rose part for a similar but fresher, longer lasting, rose scent try Lanvin's Marry Me! instead. It looks just as cute and its purple bow looks better than the Chloe tiny piece of ribbon that frays and falls off.

If you liked the first grapefruit notes try Mochino I Love Love.

Also, I don't care for Chloe's movie roles, I think using her as the model taints the perfume in a sluttish and pathetic way which is why they made it smell dirty and bitter and weak I suppose. I certainly wouldn't give this to anyone young, nor for anyone wanting a fresh perfume.

FAMILY - Floral Woods
TOP - grapefruit essence, cedrat essence, sweet peach
MID - rose, violet, natural rose water
BASE - cedarwood essence, patchouli, amber

on 9/13/2013 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I first experienced this lovely fragrance through a magazine insert. I immediatley fell in love as the fumes drifted from my wrist. The next day, I ordered a bottle. Once I was able to really test this fragrance out, I realized it's not mind blowing but just ok, not as intriguing as the magazine insert. It's still lovely though - just a tiny bit masculine with a smidgen of powderiness. I actually wish I had ordered the original Chloe edp which I like a little better.

on 6/23/2013 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I chose this fragrance after using the sephora valentine trial vial set. I love the way it melts onto my skin. It smells crisp and clean like a fresh summer day.

on 4/6/2013 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my HG/signature scent. I love perfume. I am always trying new ones, but ever since this first came out, I find myself always going back to it. I am usually drawn to sweet fragrances (Hanae Mori Butterfly used to be a favorite of mine). I have never been a fan of patchouli. I think it smells like dirty hippies. However, in this fragrance it is absolutely beautiful. This smells like a warm summer day. I feel like if Pride and Prejudice's Elizabeth Bennet wore perfume, this would be it. I could see her wearing it on one of her strolls around Longbourn or Pemberley. I am obsessed with this citrus/rose/patchouli fragrance, and I NEVER thought I would ever like anything with patchouli in it, much less have it be my signature scent!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is the other Chloe's bright, extroverted cousin visiting from Cape Cod. She isnt as demure as her other cousin, Chloe edp from Martha's Vineyard, but she is just as gorgeous & likable. I love this citrucey scent, but it doesnt pack the same punch as the edp. In fact, i really dont think the scent lingers as long. With chloe edp, i can get a whiff of it until at least bedtime; on the other hand, leu de chloe, checks out circa lunch time. A good buy if you heart chloe.

on 3/28/2013 12:20:00 PM

I have been wearing this scent for a couple of weeks, now. I do not like how it starts out - way too bright and citrus for my tastes. However, after that initial shock it does die down to a warmer scent and this I love. Will definitely keep this one around!

on 2/25/2013 9:07:00 PM

I am really terrible at describing scents since i'm not a huge perfume person. With that being said I don't like to smell too 'in your face' but I want to have an attractive and memorable scent. for the longest time I wore daisy and that is an amazing scent. only problem is that a LOT of women wear daisy. I probably bought l'eau de chloe last spring and I truly think reading about the scent and seeing the pretty bottle with the quirky green liquid is what sucked me in! (kudos to those in marketing with chloe) however! this scent embodies spring to me. I can't help but think of flowy white dresses and a field of wildflowers when I smell this. it's just an overall pleasant scent. the initial spray is floral without being too heavy but what I like best is the dry down. I think that's when the fruity notes come through. this is a really nice daytime scent that won't smack people in the face but it definitely isn't forgettable. and the bottle looks really cute on your sink/vanity/where ever you keep your perfume!

Popular Fragrances