July 25, 2014 | 1104 users online

Shampoo - Matrix - Total Results Color Care Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I would reccommend this shampoo for people who have seborrheic or greasy scalp. It is good price, nice packaging, and great product. It lathers nicely, and leaves your hair clean with no residue. It does not strip your hair, but it does DEEP clean it since the very first wash. It seems concentrated like Kerastase. It is easy to overclean your scalp with this, so be careful not to irritate it. The smell is not strong, nor overly sweet or flowerly. It just smells "clean" and the smell vanishes fast. I am not crazy about it, but it is good one to have around always.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

dried my hair out like no other. i think it makes me more upset because i spent the money thinking i would get a better product... well i didn't. i was terrible it didn't seem to help with holding in color and it dried it out my hair making it feel like straw.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2013 5:45:00 AM More reviews by jedmo

Love the smell and the result! I have blonde hair and usually leave this in for 5 minutes once or twice a week and use either l'oreal vitamino conditioner or the matching conditioner to this set. It leaves your hair shiny and I quite often get comments on it and I'm convinced it's because of this shampoo and conditioner. As a few others have said it does leave your hair feeling like straw but it's repaired as soon as you apply conditioner.. this is definitely not a shampoo you can use without conditioner. But it smells great and when used with conditioner leaves your hair smelling, looking and feeling amazing. Luckily the conditioner that goes with this is a great detangler - you definitely need it after using this!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by bookworm1212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this shampoo. However, I was looking for something to protect my color n this didn't help at all. As far as a shampoo, it's ok but it left my thick hair a tangly mess in the shower before conditioner. I loved the smell tho. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by cannon2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After trying so many shampoos from very expensive Pureology and cheap L'oreal. I have finally found something that does what it claims. I ran out of Pureology and decided to try something else. I picked this up on a whim because I have always liked Matrix products. I used the shampoo, conditioner and the leave in treatment. I didn't have the huge POOF aka 80's hair that I usually have when blow drying out my hair.(and this is with the very expensive Pureology shampoo!!) I found that when I blow dried it as I normally do with a round brush , I actually could have gone out in public without a flat iron!!!! Now it did have a little poof but it was unbelievable!!!! LOVE IT!!! I then flat ironed it and it is very shiny and healthy looking!! Can't wait to test it out on this humid day in S.C. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not sure if I will buy again, but said yes (simply because I don't often buy the same shampoo and conditioner). Even though this is the first time I've tried Total Results at home I have used this set a lot (poo con & miracle treat) b/c my hairdresser uses this on me every time I see her. She has nice shiny hair, and when I leave her salon, I have nice shiny hair. I've always had shiny hair, and I have a boatload of high end products and HGs, but noticed that I wasn't achieving the shine I get from her - but that didn't overly concern me - how often can one achieve salon results at home, right? I did buy the full size of the Miracle Treat and I rotate the use of it and thought it was an ok product but not exactly HG.

I finally bought the special box offering of the full size Shampoo, Conditioner and travel size Miracle Treat Lotion Spray for $18.50 (a good deal) from my hairdresser at Christmas time, and it's sat in my closet up to today. I've been loath to open up a new products when I have so much to choose from already, but I finally finished off my Kevin Murphy Hydrate Me Wash and Angel Rinse Conditioner (which I absolutely LOVE and will be buying the little square 'bottles' again soon), and decided even with other options still in my bathroom, I'd give this set a shot.

I totally trust Matrix products, and as I first used the shampoo, it was nice and creamy and a pleasure to use. However upon rinsing I was shocked that my hair immediately balled up in a hard mass that clung to my head like balls of plaster and felt like they would break off if mishandled. I personally hate when shampoos do that. At least if it would get through that phase but end up with me being able to run my fingers through my wet hair, I'd be happy (like my old standby Paul Mitchell Hapuna shampoo does) . But this didn't and it just seemed completely contrary to a shampoo that was supposed to care for colour treated hair.

So I moved onto the conditioner. It came out like a body lotion, very creamy. I couldn't believe that as soon as the conditioner touched my hair, the hair immediately untangled like magic without any work at all. This was interesting. I let it sit while I finished my shower, then rinsed it out. My hair felt nice.

I then towel dried and followed with three pumps of my already-in-use Miracle Treat (save the travel size for just that). Then because I'm not going out today, I just ran the blow dryer through my hair without much thought to end results and styling.

I have to say I was amazed. My hair seemed completely transformed - it must be using the combination of products instead of my usual cherry-picking. My hair was full of body and manageable. Bouncing and behaving, as the old saying goes, and so nice and shiny and soft. It's perfectly moisturized and conditioned and my scalp feels clean without being tight.

I will continue to use the set and see what the results are in the long term, as I'm still a little freaked about how the shampoo worked on my hair - will be watching for dryness.

Otherwise - wow.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by flowerlover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great shampoo. It leaves my hair shinny, manageable, and not dry looking. The smell is nice, but does not linger in the hair. Because I liked the shampoo so much, I tried the conditioner. That didn't work for me as noted in another review. Give it a try.