July 26, 2014 | 1529 users online

Conditioner - Matrix - Total Results Color Care Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 5:42:00 AM More reviews by jedmo

I love this and have been alternating between this and l'oreal vitamino for what feels like years now.

I have pretty frizzy unruly hair and what's really important to me is keeping the unrulyness in check as well as maintaining the colour. No use having nice coloured hair if your hair looks rubbish all the time! I really do need a shampoo that does everything at once.

This one smells great, is quite moisturising and is a good detangler too. I don't notice any colour fade in my hair so I take that as a sign that it works well too. The only downside is I feel I need to use a lot of it to get results but it's still worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not sure if I will buy again, but said yes (simply because I don't often buy the same shampoo and conditioner). Even though this is the first time I've tried Total Results at home I have used this set a lot (poo con & miracle treat) b/c my hairdresser uses this on me every time I see her. She has nice shiny hair, and when I leave her salon, I have nice shiny hair. I've always had shiny hair, and I have a boatload of high end products and HGs, but noticed that I wasn't achieving the shine I get from her - but that didn't overly concern me - how often can one achieve salon results at home, right? I did buy the full size of the Miracle Treat and I rotate the use of it and thought it was an ok product but not exactly HG.

I finally bought the special box offering of the full size Shampoo, Conditioner and travel size Miracle Treat Lotion Spray for $18.50 (a good deal) from my hairdresser at Christmas time, and it's sat in my closet up to today. I've been loath to open up a new products when I have so much to choose from already, but I finally finished off my Kevin Murphy Hydrate Me Wash and Angel Rinse Conditioner (which I absolutely LOVE and will be buying the little square 'bottles' again soon), and decided even with other options still in my bathroom, I'd give this set a shot.

I totally trust Matrix products, and as I first used the shampoo, it was nice and creamy and a pleasure to use. However upon rinsing I was shocked that my hair immediately balled up in a hard mass that clung to my head like balls of plaster and felt like they would break off if mishandled. I personally hate when shampoos do that. At least if it would get through that phase but end up with me being able to run my fingers through my wet hair, I'd be happy (like my old standby Paul Mitchell Hapuna shampoo does) . But this didn't and it just seemed completely contrary to a shampoo that was supposed to care for colour treated hair.

So I moved onto the conditioner. I came out like a body lotion, very creamy. I couldn't believe that as soon as the conditioner touched my hair, the hair immediately untangled like magic without any work at all. This was interesting. I let it sit while I finished my shower, then rinsed it out. My hair felt nice.

I then towel dried and followed with three pumps of my already-in-use Miracle Treat (save the travel size for just that). Then because I'm not going out today, I just ran the blow dryer through my hair without much thought to end results and styling.

I have to say I was amazed. My hair seemed completely transformed - it must be using all three of the brand products together that worked so well. My hair was full of body and seemed really manageable. Bouncing and behaving, as the old saying goes, and so nice and shiny and soft. It's perfectly moisturized and conditioned and my scalp feels clean without being tight. However I have fine hair, and sometimes my first use of a product will make it seem like it's good for my hair, but ends up being drying or strips it of body. So we'll see.

I will continue to use the set and see what the results are in the long term, as I'm still a little freaked about how the shampoo handled my hair - will be watching for dryness and loss of manageability. Otherwise - wow.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by flowerlover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't want to trash this product because it could be a great conditioner IF you are looking for a heavy one. It feels great and smells nice, but it was to much for my hair. It pulled out any attempt I made at styling my hair. Others might like it, but not me. Took it back.