Physicians Formula Eye Booster Lash Boosting Felt-Tip Eyeliner + Serum

2.9

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product. Easy to control, lasts all day, stays in place (no raccoon effect after a few hours). I only use it for a subtle interlash line on the top lid and it is perfect for the purpose. I gave one to my daughter, who draws a stronger line, and she loves it too. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because I don't think it "boosts" anything. Best of all, no allergic reaction (unlike Maybelline Master Kajal which I bought at the same time to which I had an extreme reaction to.)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

All the critical reviews are correct. Poor color payoff, I store it upside down (tip of the felt pen facing downwards), and it is still difficult for color to come out when I apply it to my lash line. I thought a pen would be ideal to do a catlike flick on my eye, and the outwards flick is pretty easy with a pen, but lining my lash line is difficult. So I may just use this for flick, and use a different liner for my lashes.

L'Oreal telescopic liquid liner is so easy to apply, and has great, intense color. Only liquid liner I will repurchase.

Edit: I lowered this to two stars because something in this makes my eye burn. I noticed my eyes burning the first time I used this...and each time thereafter. Today I tried again, giving it the benefit of the doubt, and my eyes started burning as soon as I applied it.

This did nothing for me. It was awkward to use and the color payoff was minimal.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I was looking for just this and am satisfied with it. I have the brown one. For those who want stark lines, this isn't for you. This is definitely present in appearance, but I put on two coats on my upper eye corner, and use the fine point to dot dot dot along the lower lash line. How thick/wide the line is depends on how you hold the pen. I've had it for quite a while and it's still going strong. Furthermore, it travels well and I haven't had any trouble using it without a magnifying mirror when on travel.

I saw this version when I was picking up my Physician's Choice argan oil. CVS sometimes has amazing extra bucks deals for getting Physician's choice, and I already have the skinny version of this pen which I love. I was going out that night and started thinking about a bold, retro-style winged liner. A look that I was never able to figure out how to do on myself, but with a giant marker like this, might actually be possible.

Long story short - this is not at all the product that I was expecting. This gives the impression of being bold, strong and great for a night out - yet it is this whimpy, watery sheer tint that barely lasts a few hours. I kept layering it on, left the pen upside down incase the color was just lodged at the bottom.. It made a natural semi-dark tint in my lashline. You can't do any sort of strong eye look with this. It might be ok for natural 'no makeup' days where you don't want to look like you have anything on...as long as you don't mind that it disappears within a couple of hours. The thinner pen is much better.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I got this cheap on eBay. This pen puts a nice smudgy gray line on my lash border, but for an over-70 year old person it quickly becomes smudgy grey on my entire eyelid, due to my falling brow line . Also due to advanced age my hand is slightly shakey, and my eyelid is unused to being drawn on with something so pointy. I guess I will go back to my soft old Nat Robbins slate eyebrow pencil which also works as an eyeliner. I was hoping the serum would grow my lashes which are barely there any more. I can barely get mascara on them these days.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have purchased this product twice now and really like it for the price and wear. The formula is a super dark black color that glides on easily and smoothly. I think this eyeliner is supposed to contain an ingredient to help boost eyelash growth, but I haven't noticed that yet, after 4-5 years of use. I can usually get a good year or two or using this daily before I run out and I pay around $10 or so a pen. I don't think you can beat the quality or price of this product.

The regular liquid liner is way better than this felt tip best. It started to hurt from the drag, poor color deposit even after the 10-15 min standing up right suggestion the company offers. I am returning this.

Love the concept of a marker for liquid liner. I use all types of liquid liners from gels, to skinny markers, brush applicators, etc. I found the chunky-ness of this liner intriguing, as it reminded me of MAC's Kelly Osborne's rapidblack liner. The fact that this one is water resistant, and MAC's wasn't, made me want to try it.

I am comfortable with the size of this liner, was easy to hold and apply. I normally wear a thicker wing as it suits my eye shape better. So application wasn't an issue. I actually found it fun to apply.The color ( black) was black, not a shade of gray or blue, but the intensity could have been much darker. It was sorta of a mid-tone black for me. I like my liner to be jet black. Even though I was able to go over my liner again and again, it never gave me the darkness I was seeking.

The wear on this liner was better than ok. It did last all day some days, and others my wing seemed to fade. It did not smudge which was a plus. As far as lash growth, who knows...I didn't notice anything, then again I wasn't keeping track either. I've had this liner for almost a month and it still gives me a fluid line. Purchased it at Ulta with my coupon, so the price was decent. Would I repurchase? Maybe, if I needed a liner asap and couldn't make it to my beloved MAC.

The marker is too thick for me to hold/maneuver comfortably and it's difficult for me to make a nice winged look without looking like a raccoon. Plus the color isn't the best and the formula actually stung my lids when I try to use it.