December 18, 2014 | 1546 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Eye Booster Lash Boosting Felt-Tip Eyeliner + Serum

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by 1017

The regular liquid liner is way better than this felt tip best. It started to hurt from the drag, poor color deposit even after the 10-15 min standing up right suggestion the company offers. I am returning this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

Love the concept of a marker for liquid liner. I use all types of liquid liners from gels, to skinny markers, brush applicators, etc. I found the chunky-ness of this liner intriguing, as it reminded me of MAC's Kelly Osborne's rapidblack liner. The fact that this one is water resistant, and MAC's wasn't, made me want to try it.

I am comfortable with the size of this liner, was easy to hold and apply. I normally wear a thicker wing as it suits my eye shape better. So application wasn't an issue. I actually found it fun to apply.The color ( black) was black, not a shade of gray or blue, but the intensity could have been much darker. It was sorta of a mid-tone black for me. I like my liner to be jet black. Even though I was able to go over my liner again and again, it never gave me the darkness I was seeking.

The wear on this liner was better than ok. It did last all day some days, and others my wing seemed to fade. It did not smudge which was a plus. As far as lash growth, who knows...I didn't notice anything, then again I wasn't keeping track either. I've had this liner for almost a month and it still gives me a fluid line. Purchased it at Ulta with my coupon, so the price was decent. Would I repurchase? Maybe, if I needed a liner asap and couldn't make it to my beloved MAC.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by rebeccadi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The marker is too thick for me to hold/maneuver comfortably and it's difficult for me to make a nice winged look without looking like a raccoon. Plus the color isn't the best and the formula actually stung my lids when I try to use it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by LittleGypsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The pen is too thick, which makes drawing a winged eyeliner difficult. I feel like you really have to press down hard to get the color to actually come out.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by carriew00

I bought this because it seemed as though quite a few people mention it as their HG drugstore liner. However, it is definitely not for me. I do not like it at all. I feel like it is actually transparent! I can't say anything about the claim that it helps your lashes grow because I won't be using it long enough to notice. I wish I could return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by ILikeCakeAndIceCream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This liner took some getting used to but overall I really liked it.

Pros: Easy application at first. Ability to build your look and begin with a small line. I did notice a difference in my lashes after maybe 2-3 weeks of use! Pretty packaging, felt like I was using a higher end product. Lasted longer than I expected.

Cons: I had to shake the pen to make the product flow easily several times during use regularly. It dries quickly and if I needed to go over a spot it would rub the previous spot off. No quick application with this. It has a brush tip rather than felt which means it had to be angled at all times for proper use. Was a bit hard to get the shape I wanted.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by TanyaTree

This product applies nicely and easily but comes off so easily. If your eyes water or if they get wet a tiny bit, it will smudge and wash right off. It makes for a really nice dark eyeliner but I stopped using it because I didnt want to take the chance that it would mess up throughout the day if a drop of water touched it. The other physicians formula eye booster in the slim silver package does not smudge or wash away. I switched to that one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by westside

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Gosh, I wanted to like this product so much. The colors are deeply pigmented, but that's it. This thing smears within 20 minutes of application. It's hard to draw a line 'cause the tip is stiff and thick. The ink even smells like Sharpie ink. I love the other PF liner, but these are the complete opposite. I hate to write such a bad review for a brand that I love, but his product was trash.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I asked MUB for a recommendation for a decent, DS felt-tip liquid liner since I'm starting to try doing subtle winged liner/cat eye looks and the unanimous vote was for this one. I don't even care about the "lash boosting" effects, I just wanted something I could draw with smoothly and quickly because I'm not skilled enough to work liquid liner with a skinny brush tip yet (although I'm okay with gel, but not patient enough to really work with the brush properly).

ANYWAY, this thing is alright. (I think maybe I got the wrong one, since there are two versions and MUB probably meant the other one that has higher reviews on here). I got it in Ultra Black, a little nervous it would be too dark/glaring, but I'm glad I got this one instead of just plain black. It's not SUPER pigmented, as the felt-tip liners usually aren't, but the Ultra Black one is dark enough - especially if you leave the pen cap side down while storing. It goes on pretty smoothly and draws a decent line. The pen tip is definitely thicker than I wanted - it's not possible to do a thinner line. I usually clean up the upper edge of the line, as it tends to not be a smooth line but a little ruddy because skin has texture, and thin it down a bit with a q-tip once I'm done.

It dries quickly and lasts well, without smudging, fading, or running at all throughout the work day. I haven't been using it long enough yet to vouch for any lash boosting power, but I have noticed since I started using it that sometimes I wake up with my eyelids a little bit swollen, especially the first morning after I used it. I had this problem with the L'oreal grow lash serum (whatever it was called) to quite an extreme degree after using for awhile, and afraid I may react to this with continued used as well. Also it's pretty pricey for DS liner, at $12. I think I'm probably going to end up exchanging it for the Revlon liner pen my sister likes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by shi1

I've been using this eyeliner for a little over a week now so I can't make any "long-term" comments about this product yet. However, I felt compelled to write a review because after reading all the other comments right after purchasing it, I felt like I was going to hate the product and had buyers remorse. After trying it, I was happy to find out it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

I've been using the original brush-tip version for quite a while now, and I have been quite satisfied with the results. I love the thin tip, its longevity, and the colour. I didn't love how the tip would get dry with time and I would have to "clean" the tip. The formula is not completely budgeproof, but it does wear well.

With this version, the first thing I noticed was that the tip is much wider so there is a learning process with application. Its harder to get a really thin line. I used to just lie the tip along the lash line and pull, but with this one, you need to point the tip directly towards the eye to get a thinner line. Its also a bit trickier to get a thin wing at the outer corner of the eye. I do this by drawing the triangle at the end of my eye, and before the eyeliner dries, I gently using the edge of my nail to pull out the wing to get a nice thin/sharp edge. Otherwise, this marker tip is quite easy to use!

The colour is like the original: not very dark. If you want a deep opaque blackest black type of eyeliner, this is DEFINITELY not for you. Personally, I like it because it looks more natural. If i want a darker colour, I layer it, or if I want a more full on look then I'd use something else altogether.

I have one eye that tends to transfer/crease, and the other is normal. I do notice the drying time is slightly different with this one and it may take just a little more time to dry. I tend to do one eye at a time: curl lashes, line, mascara, then repeat on other eye. This tends to work well, except sometimes, if my line is too thick, I do have some issues with immediate creasing/transferring because of drying time, but otherwise, its the same as the original formula.

The eyeliner is long wearing. It doesn't look too much like a hot mess towards the end of the day which is great. I only ever have creasing/smudging problems with that one problem eye, and even then its not a big problem. One quick wipe and I'm good to go for the rest of the day. The other eye stays perfect all day.

As per the original formula, I think its a little expensive at full price for a drugstore product, but if you get it on sale, I think its a great buy. There is nothing particular about the packaging. I don't use it because of its lash boosting properties (I'm not sure it does anything in this respect). I should also note that I like to store this product tip side down to make sure the tip stays wet.

I'll update my review if I have anything to add after prolonged use.