September 23, 2014 | 1863 users online

Hair Treatments - Amika - Oil Treatment

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by innese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The worst oil ever. It's just silicone and cheap mineral oil. It does nothing to make hair soft or manageable or easy to detangle. It sits on top of the hair and never sinks into it, just makes my hair greasy and gross. Every drugstore oil is much better and the pricing is outrageous for the cheap ingredients. Hate it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this oil just wish it came with a pump top. This oil makes my hair so soft and shiny and it actually absorbs into my ends making my hair look so much better. For reference I have waist long, thick,blonde hair that always needs moisture. This gives me the moisture I need without making my hair greasy. This is a product where a little goes a long way. I use about the size of a dime on my hair when wet. Once it's dry I might add a touch more for shine and frizz control. This smells soo good too! I love the scent and how fast it absorbs for fine hair go sparingly because it will weigh your hair down.

Just go slow and remember less is more with this oil. My hair looks so healthy,shiny, and super manageable. I really like this oil and have used all the high end oils and this one is a definite favorite of mine besides my One N Only Argan oil spray. I find this works best after the shower when your hair is wet. Then style as you like and your hair will feel amazing I'm totally happy with this and would repurchase. In fact the deluxe sample is what led me to buy the full size. Love this oil and if you have long,frizzy, or really dry hair you will too:) Remember a little goes a long way so it's worth the money because you only need the smallest amount. Definitely Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by amra1221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely loved this product! It makes my hair super soft and shiny!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by flor14

LOVE IT! This product makes my hair look like the super shiny healthy hair in tv commercials. To be fair, I already have moderately healthy hair. My hunch is that if you have very damaged hair because you add chemicals or heat to your hair every day then this might not work for you as other reviewers claim as your hair might be too damaged and need something more potent. I do absolutely nothing to my hair except for shampoo and condition it with all natural products and brush it. I don't even blow dry it. My hair is very long all the way to my waist. I only get a few drops(2-4) and rub them on my hands and then rub it on the bottom 3/4 section of my hair(and not near my scalp). I don't wash my hair every day and the next day my hair still looks shiny all day long. I started using it via a free small sample I got from a local natural health store(Natural Grocers but I've seen this at other places such as Whole Foods, Sprouts, Central Market) and due to the price being kind of high and I need so little of it, I have just kept buying samples off of Ebay.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by nicole1234nicole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not so sure about this product. I went to Sephora trying to find something to help my dry hair look a bit more healthy. All the sales associates were raving about this Amika oil, and how it changed their hair completely. So I decided to buy the full sized bottle. I've been using it for months now, and I haven't seen any changes on the days where I use it, and when I don't. Even running a couple of drops through dry hair I didn't notice a difference in shine or manageability. The product does last quite a while, but unfortunately I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

i have a good sized sample of this stuff from a beauty.com purchase. I have uber long hair and i only use this product from the ears down...i didnt have any grease issues and my hair didnt feel weighed down...i'd rather spend $$ on pure argan oil though

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this and I was hoping for the best. The packaging even on the sample is so fun and pretty. I am so much in agreement with some of the other reviews. I think this scent is icky and really reminds me of a a knockoff of Moroccoan Oil, but in a bad way. The oil itself is kind of eh. There really is nothing special about it. I prefer Moroccoan Oil. I tried this on wet hair letting my hair dry natual to show off my curls and on wet hair blow drying and straightening. I think when I straightened my hair this weighed it down to much. I think it worked ok when letting my hair air dry. I personally would not buy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by PinkSoldier2011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this in a birchbox a few months ago. I don't know why this product is so expansive! it smells really good but it made my hair really greasy! If I didn't put enough in my hair it'd not make any difference.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2012 4:10:00 AM More reviews by randers

Meh, I am not a fan. I received a sample of this and have used it about a dozen times. It is my least favorite oil treatment that I've tried. It performs adequately but it smells like cheap perfume to me, which is irritating if you want to do a leave in treatment or soak overnight.

Also, I am not impressed with the ingredients considering the price. The first two ingredients are the same as my old bottle of garnier sleek and shine, which incidentally smells infinitely better. So why would I pay $35 for a 3 oz bottle of amika? Overall a mediocre product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by braisinhussy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! I got a little bottle last year in one of my Birchboxes. It's still about half full, because it only takes 5-10 drops to get my hair soft and shiny. I love the smell, which is rare for me. The little bottle I have dispenses the oil rather annoyingly, I have to shake it a LOT in order to get the drops out. I've looked at the full-size bottle, and it seems to have a different mechanism for getting at the oil, but I kind of wonder whether it would come out too fast. This product, at least for my short hair, needs to be used sparingly. Once I run out (which I imagine will be autumn at the earliest), I think I will buy more.