October 20, 2014 | 1575 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Lhasa

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by aprilg23

Nars Lhasa is my first, one and only NARS eyeshadow. This shade is absolutely beautiful and unique, a purpley taupey grey with a lovely sheen (not shimmery). It is perfect for everyday wear and I find myself reaching for this no brainer eyeshadow a lot. I think it looks amazing on brown and green eyes. The pigmentation is good, not heavy but silky and builds beautifully. Nars eyeshadows are $51 in NZ which is extremely expensive, however this eyeshadow will last absolutely forever. The packaging is excellent, it comes with a mirror and it's very cute. This is often compared to MAC Shale but Shale is darker and more brown based. Worn over the Nars eyeshadow primer, it lasts a whole day on someone like me who has incredibly oily eyelids. Impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by FlostyGritter

Oh Lhasa, goddess of the cool neutrals, I adore you and your taupey-lilacy greatness.

They actually named this shade very aptly, it does mimic the beautiful Himalayan sky that covers the city of Lhasa in a beautiful, foggy haze.

As with most NARS shades, the texture of their eyeshadows is not for everyone. It swatches below average, but on the lid it transforms into something of such subtle beauty that is very hard to describe to someone who hasn't tried this out for themselves. With zero powderiness, it's a dream to blend and especially appreciates the company of pinky-browns, purple and navy blue. It adds a certain mystique to most shades and I think that lovers of subtle and soft smokey eyes will fall head of heels for this one.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am almost speechless at the beauty and versatility and ease of Nars Lhasa eye shadow. Last week, I purchased another Nars shadow product - the duo Cordura - and while I like it (well, I love the dark shade of it), I am struggling with how to wear and also how to feel "comfortable" wearing the bronze shade. Now, in contrast, Lhasa is the most amazingly wearable eye shadow. Wear it on the lid; put it in the crease; wear it all over the eye all on its own or wear it in combination with any grey, taupe, purple or cool brown you have and it works. This is such an easy and flattering shadow to wear.

I'm thinking that others reading this must know how it is....even though you have plenty of eye shadows, you can get just obsessed with a certain shade. Do you ever go through this? Even though you think you have shadows really similar in colour, you still just need to check out that coveted shade. I read up about dupes for Lhasa and when I bought it, I took all my possible "dupes" - WnW Silent Treatment, Stila Grace and Cloud, MAC Shale - with me to make sure I wasn't buying yet another eye shadow that I more or less already own. While the lid colour of Silent Treatment was the closest, it couldn't match the lovely rich lavender undertone in Lhasa. And this shadow is so beautiful with brown eyes. This will be a HG shadow for me and a fixture in my makeup routine for years to come.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by piratecaptain

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!
This is an exact dupe for the only eyeshadow I have ever said I couldn't live without, and which of course has long since been discontinued: Clue by MAC. NOT CLUB, CLUE. C-L-U-E. A cool subtle taupe frost with a slight blue/cool sheen when the light hits it. It makes the BEST subtle crease color, but is also lovely as a lid shade. I cannot recommend this shadow highly enough for cool toned ladies who are also total taupe hoors. This one is for you!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by mamma30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sorry I didn't like this and returned it , after reading great reviews and swatching it instore I had high hopes . I excitedly applied it at home but was like yes it's a pretty colour but it just didn't look great on me . I felt it made my eyes look tired and didn't enhance my eye colour .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by violetmist

I have to avoid breaking down this thing of beauty into its component parts. Better still to say that this creates the same appearance as a lake on a summer evening - deep but not dark with surface light that shimmers and dances. On the practical side - looks best with black or navy blue liner and supremely complemented with Gaeity blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by miatx5

A must have for taupe eyeshadow collectors. I love this eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by indoorkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely lovely. A silvery-gray taupe, neutral to cool leaning in nature (at least on me). I am typically taupe challenged (in that I can make them work but it requires effort), and this one is beautiful on me.

I've been using it as a transition / layering shade on my primed eyes. Good wear for oily-combo people with primer. I haven't checked without primer, but nothing lasts on me sans primer so I don't even try.

This is a rather sheer-ish shade, but it's incredibly blendable and has a sweet sparkle; these qualities make it work well with many many other shades, essentially giving other Eotds an extra oomph.

I've tried it on it's own and it looks okay. It's amazing when paired with MAC Bamboo, Patina and/or Hocus Pocus, or when used along other Nars duos (Brousse, either of the Brumes shades on their own); I even worked it well with the Khaki dior trio. It blends and looks good with grays, browns, nudes, khakis, brassy golds of any texture.

It's incredible. I really like it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by songy67

This is an absolutely gorgeous shimmery, silvery-grey taupe with purple undertones. It has a highly pigmented, buttery texture that is easy to blend with little fallout. I use a thin layer of Maybelline Color Tattoo e/s in Tough as Taupe as a base, then layer this in the outer corners and lower lashline to deepen the look. Add some ultra black winged liner and mascara and there's my go-to look for the Spring.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 5:21:00 AM More reviews by diannekaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This shadow is a beautiful purple, greyish-taupe. The quality of this eyeshadow is absolutely amazing. Pigmented in just one swatch. Texture is as smooth as butter. The eyeshadow single is my first single from nars and I'm absolutely adoring this shadow. It just looks beautiful on the lid, crease, or whatever. It is a big favorite eyeshadow of mine right now. Highly Recommend!