November 21, 2014 | 1771 users online

rated 3.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

VANILLA BLOSSOM is a simple fragrance, with key notes of [three guesses] vanilla. I'm sure there's a hint of citrus in the top notes too; I'm not sure, but I think it's lemon and possibly a drop of orange to sweeten it up. This undertone adds a zest to the sweetness, so the fragrance doesn't reach the point of being overwhelming and sickly.

The floral notes are a disappointment; the musk note in VANILLA BLOSSOM is strong, so it has the unfortunate effect of overpowering the floral notes. The listed violet is undetectable to me, but I can make out peony and what is likely to be rose. I'm sure that there are several other florals, but I can't be sure about any of the other notes used as the musk is too much for me.

The base focuses heavily on the vanilla and musk notes. There is also some kind of woody note in here too [probably sandalwood, as this is a popular base note in Avon perfumes], but the vanilla and musk covers everything for the most part, just leaving a slight hint of something woody under everything else.

Officiaqal scent notes: Violet, musk and vanilla.

The lasting power is around three to four hours, which I think is pretty good for an EDT. I've owned EDPs that burnt out faster [especially true for Avon releases].

Considering that VANILLA BLOSSOM is such a sweet fragrance it hasn't become sickly or cloying in warmer weather, as the strong musk note is clean and 'airy', and vanilla based fragrances are my favourite for autumn/winter, so it can be used year-round.

I feel comfortable wearing sweet fragrances for work and, as it is made to be layered with other perfumes, VANILLA BLOSSOM can be used as either a base or topper for an evening fragrance too. That's the great thing about this collection; you can adjust the fragrance to suit you and the occasion.

Yep; VANNILLA BLOSSOM isn't anything new and there isn't many scent notes in it, but the lasting power is good for the concentration and low price. Not only is it surprisingly long wearing, but it's also easy to wear and perfectly packaged for travel. Round this off with the fact that it's an all-rounder fragrance, then what more to you reasonably expect from something that is around the same price as some body sprays?

Avon's whole selling point to VANILLA BLOSSOM is that it's meant to be layered with the other two EDTs in the Sassy Swirls collection, in addition to wearing it alone, so that's why it's uncomplicated and doesn't contain many individual scent notes. I've worn it alone a few times, but I don't like the strong musk note, so prefer layering it under my other perfumes - especially fruit or spice based ones to balance out the musk, so there are infinitive options for wearing this.

The Sassy Swirls collection consists of VANILLA BLOSSOM, Vanilla Berry and Vanilla Bean EDT.