April 16, 2014 | 1961 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorBurst Lip Butter - Raspberry Pie

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by nadienne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Should've read the reviews first . . . this color was way more pink than red, and the pigment clumped together oddly in places, as if it didn't quite mix with the balm correctly. Worse, it burned on my lips, to the point where I had to take it off within a few minutes of applying.

I've had small reactions to brick red colors before, but never like this. Returned and got a L'Oreal Color Riche instead, which didn't have the color payoff but was formulated much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by ClassyMinx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this colour on sale without testing it first. I own several other revlon lipbutters that I really like so I thought it was worth the risk. Unfortunately I find this colour too bright for my light skin. I feel like a cheap clown when I wear it. I will be donating this one to my niece. Very disappointing but my fault due to incorrect colour choice. Not sure what skin tone this colour would suit, definitely avoid if fair skinned.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by elatheindelible

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love my lipsticks opaque and bold, so I was apprehensive about buying Lip Butters. But I saw this shade and I knew I had to have it.
I REGRET NOTHING. It feels absolutely moisturizing on the lips. And the color payoff is great! It's such a lovely, bold color. What a shame that it wears off easily—I'm not a fan of constant reapplication.
I also have a gripe with the packaging. It's pretty enough, but it takes me some time to pop the lid off because it clicks all the way to the bottom of the tube instead of halfway through.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by drawingasquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great color if you are interested in the makeup trends for this fall. The color is very rich, sort of between a berry and a deep fuchsia. Every day that I wear this, at least one person asks me what lipstick I'm wearing, because it's such an attention-getting color. It is the most opaque of the four Revlon lip butters I own so far. I find that the color payoff is great for me; it leaves behind a bit of a stain after a few hours. If the color is too intense for you straight out of the tube, it would still be really pretty sheered out a bit with a lip brush.

I'm also a big fan of the Revlon lip butter formula. My lips are habitually very dry, and I find a lot of lipsticks to be too drying for me. I've owned this lipstick for about six months and worn it frequently, and I've never felt that it dried my lips out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

Great raspberry colour and perfect for the autumn/winter months. The lipstick is creamy and moisturising like the other Color Burst Lip Butters. I wouldn't say it was a long wearing lipstick because it is is more of a lip butter but definitly worth buying. Love this range from Revlon. I personally prefer a lip butter to a lip stick as my lips tend to be quite dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by WendyTran

-Beautiful rasberry color : perfect for a pop of color or autumn/winter
-Moisturizing
-Applies smoothly
-Buildable color
-Nice shine

The only thing is, you have to re apply it throughout the day :) But im ok with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by peipiephi

I've had this lip butter for more than half a year now and when I first got it, it was probably one of my first lip products and I absolutely loved it. It's really pigmented and quite "buttery". However, other the past month, I've noticed that it's so "buttery" that's it's actually very greasy (especially compared to the other lip butters I bought) and feels terrible on my lips. The glitter particles that I can see when looking at the lip butter while i the tubes also makes the texture when applying just not smooth and really uneven. But it's still quite pigmented and I did love it a lot before so maybe mine is just going bad (but it's only been more than half a year and that's not very long at all...). It's so messy now and uncomfortable; I'm debating between trying to use it all up as quickly as possible or just tossing it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

True raspberry color. Smooth application. Doesn't dry out my lips. This is NOT a sheer lip butter--it's very pigmented. So pigmented I sometimes have to blot to make it a little more modest. Adds a wonderful pop to the lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 6:24:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: nc30-35, warm

I picked this up because essiebutton mentioned that it was one of her favorite colors. I love this shade! This has been my go to lip color for nights out when I want to rock a bold lip. Color is a gorgeous raspberry pink-red; I would say leaning more towards pink. Color is bright yet pretty dark. Formula is moisturizing and with all revlon lip butters, there is a glossy sheen to them, which I prefer because It just makes your lips look juicy. This product is ridiculously opaque in one swipe and it is moisturizing. I'm not a fan of revlon lip butters but I would repurchase this shade!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was an impulse purchase: I've been looking for a good raspberry color for summertime. It fits the bill. It's moisturizing, creamy, and the color builds up nicely. It gives a nice pop of color and fades evenly.

I don't notice a smell and the texture is really nice.

The cap stays on and clicks firmly into place, which is more than I can say for some more expensive brands. I'm not thrilled with the packaging (but this is where department store brands have the advantage): the plastic feels cheap and the quilted design makes it seem like they're trying to knock-off Chanel. But it's what is inside that counts for this product.

I'll probably buy another color or two of this (especially if I catch it on sale again). It's definitely cheaper than my Nars habit!