MAC Mineralize Concealer

3.5

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for a good concealer that would actually be suitable on my skin to cover up my dark circles. Someone at winner's recommended me to mac because she said they had a lot of variety. So I went there and after the consultant tried a few on me, we settled with this one in the shade nc30. Now, I am pretty young with dark circles on the less severe side, so this is good for anyone who would like some light coverage. I really like the applicator (small, fine brush) because it helps me spread it pretty easily. This concealer does tend to settle into fine lines though, but I think the concealer is worth it. It's also a bit pricey :( ($28.25).

on 4/9/2015 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This concealer is great for anyone looking for light coverage or even just for highlighting.
I have terrible dark circles so I was recommended this by the MAC MUA, I think she suggested this product because I was looking for an everyday concealer, however it does VERY LITTLE to cover my dark blue/purple under eye circles. I usually have to put prep and prime, concealer, foundation then concealer again to get the coverage i desire. This uses a lot of product and this concealer is a bit pricey.
Mac Mineralise concealer LOVES lines under eyes and will settle into them horribly if not set properly.
I really do like the packaging, the lid is black rubber (which gets quite messy in le makeup bag) but it provides good grip! The applicator is a brush not a q-tip spongey thing which I really like.
This really lasts all day (and night and through next day) and it really stays put!

Overall, I would not repurchase as I need something more full coverage, but this is definitely good for someone looking for light, natural looking, everyday concealer,

on 3/9/2015 4:11:00 PM

To keep it short and sweet this concealer would be a 5 for anyone looling for a light weight concelaer. Maybe a teenage gal with no dark circles or bags looking for a concealer with convenient packaging for those early mornin. I'm 22 and have darkness on my bags so this just doesn't do much for me. I exchanged it for pro longwear conealer the next day.

on 3/6/2015 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

What can I say. I'm a working mum of a toddler and I need a concealer that's quick to apply, does the best it can with what it has to work with (dark circles from sleep deprivation) and stays put all day.

Mineralize does it for me. It doesn't cake and blends really quickly which is handy when you're trying to save a toddler from himself first thing in the morning.

What's more, my toddler can't open the tube yet. What's not to like about that?

I brush a bit on my hand then deposit colour with my finger before brushing out to even it all up.

on 2/11/2015 9:29:00 AM

This gives me sufficient coverage for mild under eye circles the colour nc15 is an excellent match for me which is why I bought it. The downside is that although it seems like it should be moisturising it dries out the skin round my eyes and can show up flakes that wouldn't otherwise be visible. Also very irritatingly it causes eyeliner and mascara to go melty and smudgy. I will not repurchase and plan to go back to clarins instant light concealer which is the best.

on 1/18/2015 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This concealer doesn't really give any coverage at all. I asked for a concealer to use under my eyes and this doesn't work for that at all. However it does work if you use a covering concealer under. I like the consistency of it and it does make your skin glow more than thicker concealers like the pro long wear concealer.

on 12/9/2014 8:37:00 PM

I have been using the Amazing Cosmetics concealer and I have not been too happy with it. The color was a little off (though they have a lot of shades so that is bad luck on my skin's part) and it does not last. It is also a little thick for my taste and does not sink into my dry skin. I don't usually buy high end (the Amazing one is the only other high end one I have tried) but drugstore concealers were not working for me. I don't use this as an under eye concealer but I need help with redness and age spots (or sun spots as I like to say). I have only had this MAC one for few days but I like a lot about it except it does not seem to last too long - about 2 or 3 hours. My skin is dry and the MAC associate pointed me to this one and the NC 20 is a great match and I like the way it is on the thin side and I can layer it a little. It hides my red spots and cappilaries very nicely. So far - I really like this for my dry skin and would recommend it but I just have to remember it is something I need to reapply.

Not my favourite in the MAC range at all. Extremely cakey, not great coverage, and made my panda eyes come out even worse! I asked the Mac consultant that I specifically needed a peachy undertone concealer to hide my panda eyes, it seemed to match perfectly in the shop, she used a NW25 when I usually take a NW20 in my foundation. Thing is I purchased and only once I got home I realised that ontop of everything that she gave me a different shade than the one she initially tried on me (A lighter one). Quite disappointed in this visit to Mac.
Going to return the product today.

on 10/25/2014 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

HG under eye concealer. I don't have dark circles really, but the darkness I have I like to brighten including my cheekbones. Hardly creases, blends amazingly well, not too drying(I still recommend an eye cream underneath), and stays all day. I love the applicator with it's mini brush, it helps to get in right under my eyes and precision places. I will also use this for around my mouth for I have some discoloration and it works well there too. The price is something to consider, it's not the cheapest, but it's worth it, I use this everyday. I am nc42 and I also use the nc42 concealer.

on 10/12/2014 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The ONLY concealer I will use from this day forward. I love this stuff. I use it under my eyes, and if I have a breakout, to help cover that up. I have it in NW15 if that helps anyone who has fair skin and is a redhead like myself.

The applicator is a brush, not a sponge like a lot of concealers. I do use a different brush to blend this with, not my fingers. On days that I don't want a full face makeup, I use this only and I am out the door. I get a lot of compliments on this.

I am over 40, and it is not too drying in my eye area, which a lot of women my age deal with. I can also put a dusting of powder over this and it doesn't cake, or cause any fine lines to show. A little goes a long way, does with me anyway, and the product itself last all day.

I would suggest this to anyone. Like most things, I always go in the store to try before I buy (a lot of things turn orange on my).