MAC Mineralize Concealer

3.5

on 3/9/2015 4:11:00 PM

To keep it short and sweet this concealer would be a 5 for anyone looling for a light weight concelaer. Maybe a teenage gal with no dark circles or bags looking for a concealer with convenient packaging for those early mornin. I'm 22 and have darkness on my bags so this just doesn't do much for me. I exchanged it for pro longwear conealer the next day.

on 3/6/2015 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

What can I say. I'm a working mum of a toddler and I need a concealer that's quick to apply, does the best it can with what it has to work with (dark circles from sleep deprivation) and stays put all day.

Mineralize does it for me. It doesn't cake and blends really quickly which is handy when you're trying to save a toddler from himself first thing in the morning.

What's more, my toddler can't open the tube yet. What's not to like about that?

I brush a bit on my hand then deposit colour with my finger before brushing out to even it all up.

on 2/11/2015 9:29:00 AM

This gives me sufficient coverage for mild under eye circles the colour nc15 is an excellent match for me which is why I bought it. The downside is that although it seems like it should be moisturising it dries out the skin round my eyes and can show up flakes that wouldn't otherwise be visible. Also very irritatingly it causes eyeliner and mascara to go melty and smudgy. I will not repurchase and plan to go back to clarins instant light concealer which is the best.

on 1/18/2015 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This concealer doesn't really give any coverage at all. I asked for a concealer to use under my eyes and this doesn't work for that at all. However it does work if you use a covering concealer under. I like the consistency of it and it does make your skin glow more than thicker concealers like the pro long wear concealer.

on 12/9/2014 8:37:00 PM

I have been using the Amazing Cosmetics concealer and I have not been too happy with it. The color was a little off (though they have a lot of shades so that is bad luck on my skin's part) and it does not last. It is also a little thick for my taste and does not sink into my dry skin. I don't usually buy high end (the Amazing one is the only other high end one I have tried) but drugstore concealers were not working for me. I don't use this as an under eye concealer but I need help with redness and age spots (or sun spots as I like to say). I have only had this MAC one for few days but I like a lot about it except it does not seem to last too long - about 2 or 3 hours. My skin is dry and the MAC associate pointed me to this one and the NC 20 is a great match and I like the way it is on the thin side and I can layer it a little. It hides my red spots and cappilaries very nicely. So far - I really like this for my dry skin and would recommend it but I just have to remember it is something I need to reapply.

Not my favourite in the MAC range at all. Extremely cakey, not great coverage, and made my panda eyes come out even worse! I asked the Mac consultant that I specifically needed a peachy undertone concealer to hide my panda eyes, it seemed to match perfectly in the shop, she used a NW25 when I usually take a NW20 in my foundation. Thing is I purchased and only once I got home I realised that ontop of everything that she gave me a different shade than the one she initially tried on me (A lighter one). Quite disappointed in this visit to Mac.
Going to return the product today.

on 10/25/2014 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

HG under eye concealer. I don't have dark circles really, but the darkness I have I like to brighten including my cheekbones. Hardly creases, blends amazingly well, not too drying(I still recommend an eye cream underneath), and stays all day. I love the applicator with it's mini brush, it helps to get in right under my eyes and precision places. I will also use this for around my mouth for I have some discoloration and it works well there too. The price is something to consider, it's not the cheapest, but it's worth it, I use this everyday. I am nc42 and I also use the nc42 concealer.

on 10/12/2014 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The ONLY concealer I will use from this day forward. I love this stuff. I use it under my eyes, and if I have a breakout, to help cover that up. I have it in NW15 if that helps anyone who has fair skin and is a redhead like myself.

The applicator is a brush, not a sponge like a lot of concealers. I do use a different brush to blend this with, not my fingers. On days that I don't want a full face makeup, I use this only and I am out the door. I get a lot of compliments on this.

I am over 40, and it is not too drying in my eye area, which a lot of women my age deal with. I can also put a dusting of powder over this and it doesn't cake, or cause any fine lines to show. A little goes a long way, does with me anyway, and the product itself last all day.

I would suggest this to anyone. Like most things, I always go in the store to try before I buy (a lot of things turn orange on my).

on 9/19/2014 4:08:00 PM

I have been using this concealer for 9 months and I use the shade "NW15" and have oily/combination skin. When using this concealer to cover a patch of mild acne/dry patch, I find it makes this area look very dry and flaky and does not hydrate or cover this area at all. This concealer is also bad at covering red spots for a long period, I only have mild acne but have occasional very red breakouts, and I find it only lasts for about 20 minutes before the redness is already coming through. Although it is drying for my patch, it does not cause any extra breakouts. As for a concealer for general use it still wears off very quickly however I find it is good for highlighting areas such as the cheekbone and contour areas as well as the cupids bow as it has a natural finish.This concealer blends easily but when using to neaten up eyebrows it creases and dries this area too. I would not recommend this concealer to acne sufferers, but is good for use in contouring and highlights.

on 8/13/2014 1:09:00 AM

OMG im in love! They better not ever discontinue this. I bought this looking for a concealer than I could use under the eye and on blemishes. This has a moderate buildable coverage. The applicator wand has a brush, not a sponge. Price was about $20 so not bad at all considering this stuff lasts along time. I also liked how it looked as though I wasn't wearing anything for those morning I roll out of bed and put some under my eyes. Very blendable. Im only 30 but I am starting to get some fine wrinkles under my eyes; the concealer doesn't look dry or cakey under the eye area. I will be buying this again when I run out.