October 21, 2014 | 916 users online

Concealers - MAC - Mineralize Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by LoveJasonA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The ONLY concealer I will use from this day forward. I love this stuff. I use it under my eyes, and if I have a breakout, to help cover that up. I have it in NW15 if that helps anyone who has fair skin and is a redhead like myself.

The applicator is a brush, not a sponge like a lot of concealers. I do use a different brush to blend this with, not my fingers. On days that I don't want a full face makeup, I use this only and I am out the door. I get a lot of compliments on this.

I am over 40, and it is not too drying in my eye area, which a lot of women my age deal with. I can also put a dusting of powder over this and it doesn't cake, or cause any fine lines to show. A little goes a long way, does with me anyway, and the product itself last all day.

I would suggest this to anyone. Like most things, I always go in the store to try before I buy (a lot of things turn orange on my).

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by millbluebell

I have been using this concealer for 9 months and I use the shade "NW15" and have oily/combination skin. When using this concealer to cover a patch of mild acne/dry patch, I find it makes this area look very dry and flaky and does not hydrate or cover this area at all. This concealer is also bad at covering red spots for a long period, I only have mild acne but have occasional very red breakouts, and I find it only lasts for about 20 minutes before the redness is already coming through. Although it is drying for my patch, it does not cause any extra breakouts. As for a concealer for general use it still wears off very quickly however I find it is good for highlighting areas such as the cheekbone and contour areas as well as the cupids bow as it has a natural finish.This concealer blends easily but when using to neaten up eyebrows it creases and dries this area too. I would not recommend this concealer to acne sufferers, but is good for use in contouring and highlights.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by mcooney1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMG im in love! They better not ever discontinue this. I bought this looking for a concealer than I could use under the eye and on blemishes. This has a moderate buildable coverage. The applicator wand has a brush, not a sponge. Price was about $20 so not bad at all considering this stuff lasts along time. I also liked how it looked as though I wasn't wearing anything for those morning I roll out of bed and put some under my eyes. Very blendable. Im only 30 but I am starting to get some fine wrinkles under my eyes; the concealer doesn't look dry or cakey under the eye area. I will be buying this again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight121

I love this as much as pro long wear, but its brightens nicer and is hydrating! I buff it in with the real techniques setting brush, which makes a flawless combination.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by Coraldc

I use this product as an under-eye concealer. I would say it's light to medium coverage. For $45 you get 5mls of product. I purchased this from the MAC counter here in New Zealand, which is actually only slightly more expensive than a lot of "drug store" products here.

I have extremely fair skin, and was matched to NW15 in this (I'm NW10 in their studio fix powder but this product doesn't go up to NW10). This is light enough to give a slightly brightening effect, but could be better.

PROS:
- Great range of shades, just light enough for my very very fair skin
- Beautiful packaging, wand applicator is easy to use and the brush is soft
- When applied correctly it has a beautiful dewy finish
- Not drying, so good for my dry skin (not sure how good this would be for oily skin though)
- Feels lightweight after application
- I have sensitive skin, and this product does not give me any reaction

CONS:
- Does not provide enough coverage for darker under-eye circles, so on those mornings when I'm feeling tired and run-down it's definitely not the concealer I reach for
- If too much product is applied, it gets cakey looking real quick. Therefore I wouldn't say this is buildable. It's hard to apply the right amount of this to get a nice finish as well as enough coverage, so it's actually not that easy to apply.
- Must be blended out with a brush - if I use my fingers it gets cakey looking

I've heard really good things about the Mac Pro Longwear Concealer, so I might try this next time instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 4:16:00 AM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with the reviewer below me, I chose this too because I was finding Pro Longwear to be a bit too dry looking. I went to Mac to ask for a concealer that wasn't drying that I could use on top of my peach corrector, for my dreaded under eye circles. I expected her to recommend Mac Moisture Cover concealer but she recommended this instead. I have to say that I'm really liking this concealer. The coverage is really good, better than moisture cover, perhaps not as opaque as Pro Longwear but it's buildable and doesn't look dry or cakey which I do find Pro Longwear can look like sometimes, especially under my eyes.
I am NC30/5 in foundation, again I expected the MUA to recommend NC20/5 as i wanted to use it under the eyes, but when we tested the shades they were far too light, and I'm not a fan of the reverse panda eye look. So I chose NC30 and it is the perfect shade for me, gives a great brightening effect. Another plus point is the packaging. Pro Longwear has a pump which always gives out too much product. With this Mineralize concealer it has a tiny brush applicator which is much easier. Perhaps not as hygienic but i only use this concealer on myself so its fine by me. Overall i highly recommend this product, i can't find any negatives with it other than the price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by sbendel

Everyone raves about MAC's prolongwear. I agree that it's a great product with nice, full coverage. However, I have dry skin and have found that it sometimes sits too matte and TOO full coverage for my taste. I very much like natural, fresh, healthy skin, and I find that full coverage concealers take away from that even if the rest of your makeup is geared towards a 'natural look.' That is why I love the mineralize concealer. It's a nice light-medium coverage that looks natural while still correcting problem areas. I just swipe a little of it underneath my eyes when I'm going out at night and I get a bright, awake effect without it being obvious that I packed on the concealer (I use NW20, I am an NC30). I think this is perfect for those that aren't on the full coverage, Kim K under eye highlight trend. It keeps you looking like you, just a slightly better version with no under eye darkness! Do I think this is a one of a kind product? Definitely not - I'm sure there are other concealers very similar to this one. But this definitely does the trick for me and I have no complaints!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer, but I hate the brush. This is great for concealing undereye circles, it can be layered, and doesn't cake on me. It has a medium consistency which can be built up for full coverage. I'm pretty fair with yellow undertones and I got NC20. I used to primarily use lighter concealers but I've found that colors that match my skintone or are slightly darker conceal shadows much better, I usually set this with a small shadow brush and Studio Fix. The only thing that I don't like is the brush, as it picks up way too much product. I usually use my pinky finger to pick up a bit of product on the wand part near the cap. If I could change this, I'd give it a doe-foot applicator instead of the brush. However, the product is great, and worth it. I own many concealers and I reach for this one the most. This also wears well throughout the day, and I don't find myself needing to touch it up as much as other concealers that I have used.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by lipstickandleather

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

for me this was a so-so concealer. it did work well on pimples, but didn't have much staying power throughout the day. the main reason i bought it though, was for under my eyes. it does a decent job of brightening around under my eyes. i have dark circles, so this thin liquid isn't quite strong enough to get the job done for me. you could still see the dark bags underneath. personally, i need something heavier.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by msharajuku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I seriously cannot believe the low review! This was one of my first ever MAC purchases, i've used this for three years now after repurchasing it several times. The shade choices are amazing and completely match your skin, it's also not heavy like some other concealers out there which make it still quite natural looking under the eyes. However, i prefer not to use it under the eyes as i like something far more illuminating. It is however perfect for imperfections like spots! It is my HG when i break out, when the spots are drying up i simply swipe some on and pat it over. Works like a charm and you can't even see the spot! Seriously amazing if you're looking for a light creamy concealer to cover your imperfections