October 24, 2014 | 1786 users online

Lip Gloss - Physicians Formula - PH Matchmaker Lip Gloss

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by empresswu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great gloss ^_^. Not sticky, pretty long lasting too as far as gloss goes. I like the brush, short bristles make for quick application and no fuss. What a bonus to find it lights up, i want to buy one for all my chicas. Oh, the natural is quite flattering on my olive skin and big lips. Thank you PF, your products rock!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by shimmer3

I LOVE this lipgloss! I have it in the shade Natural. It is so perfect because it is not sticky and doesn't transfer and fades into a gorgeous coral red color! LOVE IT! Normally, I don't like lipgloss, but this is a must-have. It is coral color with little gold flecks and is beautiful when it is shiny and when it dries to a semi matte sort of finish on your lips. Beautiful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This reminds me of a grown-up high-tech version of those old-school "mood" lipsticks that are whatever color in the tube (blue, green, yellow etc.) that supposedly turn into your perfect pink/red/whatever lipcolor as if by magic! This gloss does that too and looks a lot better in the process, all magic aside :) I waited until this week's $6 off everything PF sale at CVS so I picked this up for less than $4. NO way was I shelling out $9.99 on this just to satisfy my curiosity.

I knew the pink ones would both no doubt turn neon fuschia on me, so I opted for the Natural shade. It looks like a sheer peachy/coppery/pinky shade with light micro-shimmer in the tube but morphs into a warm, light to medium toned red gloss that leaves behind a red tint (lighter or darker, depending on how much you glop on, PH balanced or not. I think this is the key: how much you put on, the color of your lips normally, and the temperature of your skin). The Natural is actually quite flattering, surprisingly enough. It's not too bright nor is it fuschia like most of these (and their "mood changing" cousins) tended to be. As a gloss it's thick and long lasting, but not overly tacky-feeling on the lips. I can't discern a noticable smell or taste. The brush surprised me. I thought at first I got a bum or used one as the bristles are really short, like half the size of a normal lipbrush. They do the job, though.

The click-button switch to turn on the light is in the end of the wand, and it's a lot brighter than I expected, I figure if I ever lose my keys at night or in my Black Hole of a handbag, I'm set as long as this is with me. The mirror on the side of the tube is a nice touch and large enough to be useful, actually. I can't say I'd repurchase this because I think the "ooooh ahhhh" newness factor lasts all of five minutes. After that it's just a sheer warm peachy- red gloss (bear with me here, it's hard to describe and may be different on you) which leaves behind a nice clean warm red stain and doesn't dry out my lips. IMHO it's not worth the normal retail price but for less than five bucks it is a lot better than other gloss-to-lipstains (and just plain lipstains, for that matter) that I've tried. It's a fun and interesting little gizmo which works as well as one would expect but it's certainly not necessary. I'd go for the Natural color over either the two pinks anyday, especially if like me you are at all warm, tan or yellow-undertoned, as the Natural stays on the warm side of spectrum rather than veering off into the dreaded bright fuschialand cool side of the red spectrum. It's not the kind of color-change where your lips enter the room before you do :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by bubbles328

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just bought the Pink color and was a bit shocked by the intensity of the fusia shade--it is a bit brighter than what i normally wear. that said--i am loving the non-drying effects of this and the stain that is left after the gloss came off.
overall--i am very pleased and would love more colors!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Canadajane

I got this as a free product when I got the blush. I had wanted to try it but was reluctant to pay for something I wasn't sure about, but as it was free, it was a no-brainer. First off, I don't normally wear gloss, but wanted something that was not too obvious to use during winter to keep my lips moist.

I was sceptical about the colour match marketing hype, but it proved to be true. It goes on clear and changes colour after a few seconds. I had the light pink and it changed to a nice baby pink which did seem to suit my colouring (very blonde and fair skinned). The gloss lasted a while but the stain even longer. I was pleasantly surprised and will now buy the darker pink to see how that looks.

I almost forgot to mention the packaging. The lippy tube comes with a mirror on one side which comes in very handy for those quick touch ups.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by ItchyFox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After the glossy aspect of this product fades I am left with a slight blush color on my lips that I like. It's not a bad little gloss, however I would recommend purchasing it with a coupon/discount.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I normally don't wear lip products unless it is a special occasion; I don't really see the point in wearing something that needs constant re-application, can look garish, might smear or end up on my teeth. However, I recently traveled out of state to visit my boyfriend and decided I could at least *try* to look nice. Somehow, I stumbled upon a few blog reviews of this and decided to give it a shot. I purchased the 'Light Pink' shade and feel that it was plenty bright for my neutral light-medium skin. The shade was rosy and vibrant, but not over the top. You could tell I was wearing something on my lips but it didn't look overdone. The formula applies smoothly and is NOT sticky, a huge plus in my mind. As other reviews also mentioned, when it fades it leaves an even stain to the lips so while they may no longer be glossy, they are still pink and pigmented. Moreover, some people might find the packaging gimmicky, but I actually appreciate the mirror and the light. Actually, I used the light and mirror to apply this in a dim bar the other evening...probably tacky but eh. It was more convenient than fighting my way into the overcrowded ladies' room. Price wise, PF products are known to be pricier than standard DS brands but personally, I think the higher quality is worth the price. Plus, you can frequently find their stuff on sale at places like Ulta and Target.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Jillybean04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, so I had to write a review on this product to add my two cents to all of the hype. First off, I am not usually one that buys drugstore mu, not that I am mu snooty, but because I have a very hard to match olive skintone and can never find any ds foundation and while I am purchasing that I usually just end up buying everything else too. That said, I actually made a special trip to Walmart just to purchase these ph reacting products ( lipgloss, blush, bronzer).

I have not tried the other products yet, will do so tomorrow. I brought this straight home and put it on and because I wanted to test the ph theory that everyone is speculating, I also pulled my 2 oldest daughters( 9 and 11 ) in the bathroom and had them put in on as well. Ok, it turned bright pink on all 3 of us, however there was a difference in color intensity and I made sure we all applied an even amount. I believe the color shows up differently based on the color pigmentation of your lip and thats the design " secret" of the product. It will complement your skintone because the intensity shows up based on the natural color of your lip. I am a medium olive skintone, my husband is a blue eyed blond. so of my 2 oldest daughters, one has a fair complexion like my hubby with light pink lips, it showed up a lighter pink on her and a deeper pink on me and my other daughter who more favors my darker skin and lip tone.

I wont drag my other children in and make them try, my oldest is a 16 yr old boy, whom I dont think would cooperate and my youngest is a 5 month old baby girl! LOL! So my little experiment will have to be concluded here!
Seriously though, just keeping the review to the product alone, it is a really good lipgloss. It is smooth in application, looks great on I imagine pretty much everyone and makes my lips feel great, witch is a biggie with me, as I have dry lips. I also found all of the claims of staying power and staining properties to be valid. Both of my girls wiped this off for bed after it had only been on a few minutes, just long enough to see what color it would turn and it left a stain on them both. I left mine on and its still there aprox. 2 hrs later and my dry lips usually suck up lipgloss and its gone in 20 min. Conclusion...I like it and will prob. purchase again, but took off one lippie for the gimmicky ph claim.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, I like this lip gloss a lot. I don't know about its claims to adjust to one's pH, but I can say that it did turn a beautiful shade of bright bubblegum pink on my lips about 60 seconds after applying it. It's not drying or overly sticky (major pluses for me, since my lips chap if I look at them wrong), and it leaves a pretty stain behind.
My only issues are a. the price, as I feel it is a shade too steep for a drugstore product and b. the fact that sometimes, if your lips are not perfectly moisturized prior to application, the stain can look sort of patchy and uneven if you reapply often. But that's not a huge deal, and I've certainly paid more for drugstore glosses in the past, so on the grand scale, I'd have to say this is a win for me. I'd like to try the lighter pink as well, as I feel it might pair with a heavy smoky eye better.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Lineaus

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the packaging more than the product.. but it is a fair clear pink lipgloss.