April 19, 2014 | 980 users online

Scrubs - Vasanti - BrightenUp! - Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by iloveurbandecay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had this applied during a makeover at the Vasanti counter. I loved the feeling of it, and at home it's just as gentle and perfect. I leave it on a little longer so that the enzymes can go to work as well. It's a beautiful product that does exactly what it says it will and I recommend it highly. Also please note that Vasanti products are not tested on animals, which is what drew me to the brand in the first place.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is crazy AWESOME! It truly does brighten up your complexion and clears out them pores pronto! It's almost too good...after I use this, you can see my empty pores through my makeup for a few days :-o...this is very good for us acne prone gals...helps with them nasty face demon scars too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This scrub has the same texture as the Derma E Microdermabrasion Scrub, which I love. The crystal particles are so fine, it really allows you to buff away flaky skin. It is also extremely gentle, probably a little bit more so than the Derma E. No burning, itching, or redness. I really like this scrub and highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first time I ever got a sample of a scrub that I ended up buying (got it from Birchbox). I've gotten samples of pricier scrubs before (mostly from Clinique) but they never were impressive enough to spend the money on the full size. I've always just stuck with my drugstore scrubs (St. Ives, Queen Helene)...but this felt so amazing, & I could see the difference in my skin! So I bought the full size. I had a code for 30% off, but I'd even pay full price because this stuff is so good ($34).

The scrub is very fine, so I don't feel like I'm rubbing liquefied sandpaper on my face! And it has almost no scent, but what little I can smell just smells clean. I also only have to use a very small amount of this. It spreads very well over my face. The scrub is kind of a paste like consistency, with very fine particles in it. My face feels so smooth & clean afterwards, & doesn't feel dried out.

The sample size lasted 2 months, using it 3x a week, so this full size will probably last me 7-8 months, I think. So even at full price, if I paid $34 & this lasted 7 months, it's still less than $5 a month, so if you think of it that way, it doesn't sound so bad ;) Like I said, I'm usually cheap when it comes to scrubs, so I have to be pretty impressed to buy something that costs more than a few bucks. This is worth the splurge.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by spygirl13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample.

I hate to be the in the minority here but I wasn't as crazy about this as the other reviewers.
I found it to be a little harsh. The crystals were sharp and abrasive! I felt like my face was being cut with a bunch of little knives. I don't have sensitive skin - I can usually use almost anything without a harsh reaction so this definitely surprised me. However, my esthetician friend told me microdermabrasion will feel like that, which I haven't ever had done. The roughest I usually go on my skin is baking soda or sugar.

The positive thing is that my skin was slightly brighter and slightly smoother after using it. I'm not sure if I am willing to put up with the pain of using this product though. Once a week I think is more than enough with something this strong/abrasive. Any more than that, you eventually won't notice as nice results. Your skin's natural cycle is about 30 days anyways - you gotta give it time to regenerate!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Christac3698

Received this as a sample in my Birchbox and I seriously fell in love with this!!!! I have already ordered a full size because I love it so much. When I receive the full size I will definitely use the recommended 3-5 times a week. With my sample I only use twice a week, and I have already seen amazing results. My skin's texture has greatly improved and some of my darker spots have begun to lighten up a bit. So happy I was able to sample and find such a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

Received this as sample in my Birchbox. I love it! Just squeeze out a miniscule amount and you can use it on your whole face. Small little granules can be felt on your skin once you start smoothing it out all over. Leaves face rejuvenated. Not sure If I would buy the full tube at full prices but the .25 sample I received rocks!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by qmsterling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I ordered this after seeing all the rave reviews... YES THEY ARE ALL TRUE! This stuff is amazing; I cannot believe the brighter, rosy glow in my complexion after just one use. I use this every other day (I leave it on for the recommended 2-3 minutes), and along with a spin brush once a week. The results are at least just a good as getting a professional facial, in my opinion. Love the packaging, too; easy to store in the shower and get out just the right amount of product. A true holy grail for me; I hope this product is never discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by queenreyney

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it. Have used St. Ives Apricot Scrub for 20+ years daily and still do, but I really want to get BrightenUp to use a couple of times a week with my Mia face brush to make my face spa facial super-smooth. I got a sample in my Birchbox a few months ago and have used every speck I could scrape out of the tube after I cut it open, lol! If you have sensitive skin you might want to be careful with this as it is very abrasive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 7:38:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

GO small Canadian companies with excellent products! I have NEVER had a home scrub/exfoliator leave my skin feeling so soft but with so little irritation as with this product. I bought it last week and have used it twice and cannot get over the results both times (I thought the first time might be a fluke). I applied this to my wet face after removing my makeup, scrubbed gently for the specified time and then left the product on for 2 minutes (the instructions give you 2 options; I figured I'd try combining them). While I waited for the 2 minutes to pass, I gently rub the product remaining on my hands from the scrubbing stage into my hands (why waste it?) and even my hands are better for this treatment.

I am utterly blown away by the excellence of this product. I think I have found my HG product and this will certainly replace my scrubs from Laura Mercier, Clarins, Philosophy and a myriad of other companies. On one of my recent trips to Sephora, I "treated" myself to the teeny tiny half ounce tube of Kate Somerville's ExfoliKate as an indulgence (that stuff is good but just so insanely expensive). But BrightenUp is every bit as good a product and at $34 for 120 mls, it is a great value too. I don't know why more people haven't tried/reviewed this product!!! If you can get your hands on this (SDM in Canada carries it at some stores and the company does have a "store locator" on their site), grab it and give it a try! You will not be disappointed.