Vasanti BrightenUp! - Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator

4.3

Aqua (Water), Aluminum Oxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Propanediol, Panthenol, Emulsifying Wax NF, Glyceryl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate, Papain, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol

on 7/31/2015 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Received in an Ipsy bag. I did use all of the travel sized bottle I received. It is very exfoliating and harsh, at least to me. I'm 45 years old and know how to use scrubs by now but every single time, somehow, I would wind up with some of the granules in my mouth. Don't ask me how. I would not use this more than once a week and only during the summer when I'm oily. I think it would be way too harsh on my skin in the winter, even using only once a week. The Clinique 7 Day Scrub is much gentler and also cheaper, I believe, so I'll keep using that one.

on 5/24/2015 12:37:00 PM

I received two samples of this scrub in monthly subscription box. I have to admit I am very impressed by this product. Never heard of it before receiving the samples and I did not expect to like it but I was pleasantly surprised. My skin was smooth and exfoliated after each use and it did not irritate at all. Very much like a micro-dermabrasion treatment. I intend to order the full size bottle.

on 2/25/2015 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this scrub!
I've never found a scrub that works like this!!

it is a white, creamy consistency but still has little familiar scrub texture. I'd say the texture is finely milled, but there are a lot of scrubbies in it! it almost feels like sandpaper, but in a good way lol

The first time I used this I used it at the sink and it was too harsh there for me. the second time I used this I was in the shower and I think the added water and steam really helped make it less abrasive.

you really don't need a lot! just a little!
after I use this my skin is so clear! it has zero makeup on it. it really gets rid of the dead skin cells - which is great bc that makes it easier for new ones to form.
warning: it can feel very abrasive and almost like there's too much scrubbing! but it doesn't hurt my sensitive skin, and i think that's due to the calming ingredients like aloe and papaya.
My skin definitely looks brighter and smoother!
this scrub is no joke! it actually works. i love using this. by far the best scrub ever and I would definitely repurchase, despite the price

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have to say I was very impressed with this product. Nothing in the past year or so has been able to make any sort of noticeable dent in the extremely oily skin I have been experiencing. I did not use as directed at first, I thought this was simply a cleanser and would use it at least once, sometimes twice daily. Because of this, I daresay I found the product a bit drying. With this being said, I would warn those with dry and/or sensitive skin. If my grease-ball face was a little dry after using this product, dry/sensitive skin would not benefit from this and feel uncomfortable I would imagine. I even used this with my MIA, which I found worked well. (You're probably thinking I might as well have scrubbed my face with sandpaper!) The granules are small and the formula is thick, somewhere between a paste and a cream. I did like the scent, although the majority of other reviews hated it. Scents are not something that generally bother me one way or another, anyway. This reminds me of a less expensive, yet more powerful Bliss Micro-Magic Spa Powered Microdermabrasion Treatment. I would definitely repurchase, although I don't think this is something I was use on a consistent basis, but rather for perhaps a week or two at a time and as directed (3-5 times weekly).

on 10/16/2014 4:47:00 PM

This was one of several purchases I made from Birchbox. I was unhappy with most of my Birchbox purchases, and this was no exception. I'm not sure why I thought this would be good for my delicate skin. So this is supposedly 99% natural, paraben and sulfate free. So why isn't there an ingredient list on the tube to show us what is actually in it? And none of these things mean that it's gentle, because believe me, it isn't. It s very abrasive, and it burns. It's clearly not fragrance free, and the fragrance is bad. I purchased this several years ago, and I am proud to say that I am a lot more careful now about what I will put on my skin.

on 10/15/2014 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Love, love, LOVE this amazing addition to my regime! If you have dry flaky skin and unevenness of any kind, this stuff is a game changer!

Like many others, I had never heard of this brand or product before receiving a generous 20g travel tube in one of my monthly subscription boxes (I get too many to remember which one). I was addicted after the first try - by my second use I was like "that's it! No more foreplay!", and I went straight in for the purchase of a full size. This is hands down the best exfoliator I have ever tried - it knocked my beloved Diamond Dermabrasion exfoliator by Platinum Skincare out of the running, which I NEVER thought could be beat!

This is really powerful stuff, yet it's not harsh. It is definitely the closest one will come to mimic the effects of professional microderm treatments. My skin is dry, flaky, uneven in tone and texture, and very sensitive. This somehow manages to sloth all of that away but leaves my skin fresh with no "raw" feeling to it. I am betting it would also work wonders on oily and acne prone skin, because its such a skin transformer. That says a lot, doesn't it? A product that is so good it changes up and eradicates flaws on all skin types. I feel this does such a great job that my face creams and oils seem to penetrate better, if not deeper. The ingredients are wonderful too and its a cruelty free product, major plus.

If used as directed (3-5 X per wk) be prepared to buy this much more often and if so, the price may start to erk you and your wallet. On the other hand if used as directed, your gonna see such amazing changes in your skin that price is gonna be of no object here. I am telling you all right now, I would pay up to $150 for this stuff (IE the price of 1 prof micro peel)- its that good!

on 9/25/2014 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Received this product in my September Birchbox, although it was a fairly large sample and I've tried it four times now. I love exfoliants and this one performs ok, but it has a really strong lemon cleaner kind of smell that is off-putting. I've also been breaking out this past week, so wonder if this is causing some kind of reaction with my skin. I've totally revamped my skin care routine, though, so it's hard to say what's causing the breakout. Overall, this is an ok product, but I wouldn't purchase a full size bottle.

on 9/23/2014 5:28:00 PM

"Brighten Up?" Lets Try idk....TRAUMATIZE YOUR FACE! this stuff is so incredibly rough and painful yes I have sensitive skin but this was just torture from gently scrubbing my face I seriously got like broken capillaries on my cheek maybe they were just exposed capillaries because this product took off my whole 7 layers of skin
to my girls boys with sensitive skin (not even super super sensitive more like just picky skin) I DO NOT advise you to use this product omg

on 9/17/2014 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love love love this scrub! It's so amazing and I love how it has natural ingredients. I have super oily skin and sometimes at the end of the day, you just need a GOOD SCRUB. this does just that. You can also leave it on for 2-3 minutes while you brush your teeth for a little extra oomph! I love it! It is a bit expensive, but I would totally buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff!! a long time ago, i got a sample size in my birchbox (so this review is kind of late sorry) anyways no hate to kate somerville but this blew my exfolikate out of the water!!! every time i use it i see such a giant difference in my skin!! im really pale and have been having on and off cystic acne and it leaves these horrible red spots on my chin but using this is bringing my skin back to life!! my spots are fading and all of my skin looks soo much brighter and clearer every time i use this, like my skin actually looks tolerable, so i can't even imagine how amazing your skin will look if yours is clearer than mine haha!! you will have super model skin!! i agree with what some people are saying about leaving it on for a couple minutes after scrubbing, i think that helps with any good exfoliator really. it has a really really super fine grit which makes it feel so fancy, and it doesnt make my skin really red (which a lot of stuff does) or anything and i just can not emphasize enough how great this is!! ive tried so many masks and exfoliators and nothing makes such a HUGE immediate difference in my skin!! (and long term, but i mean its worth it for the instant gratification alone). i haven't really noticed it making a difference in my breakouts but A. nothing does and B. really my biggest struggle is with my uneven skin tone, and it is so hard to find things that work really really effectively and noticeably and fast on that, so this is Holy Grail without a doubt!!! i wouldn't hesitate to tell anyone to buy this scrub!! :D 2 thumbs up, 10/10 best scrub ever!!!