August 22, 2014 | 1627 users online

Scrubs - Vasanti - BrightenUp! - Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate to be the one person who doesn't like this, but I think it sucked. One, it was not exfoliating, it still left me flaky. It also left a film on my skin that I couldn't rinse off. But the worst thing is that it broke me out terribly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this product! So I will start out by telling you a little bit about it. It has dermatologist grade crystals that work at 25 percent. It also has aloe, papaya, coconut, and panthenol. It is 100 percent vegan and 99 percent natural. The price isn't bad as well. You get 4.23 ounces for 32 dollars. The directions say to use this scrub 3-5 times a week. I usually use it every other night before bed. You only need a tiny amount. I would say a little less than a pea sized amount. A little goes a long way, and this product will last a long time. That's one of the reasons it is such a good value. It leaves my skin super soft and bright. I do believe it's helped my skin over time to be better and look better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by devonnaire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. Best scrub ever, and I've tried a lot. Thesize of the grit I found to be similar to Laura Mercier's face polish, but the formula its in is so much better and does so much more for my skin. I'm assuming thats the enzymes. My skin is left smooth looking and feeling, and looks noticeabley clearer and brighter. It has a scent, but its very light and unoffensive. Not perfumey, just clean and pleasant and does not linger on the skin once its rinsed off.

I use this about 2-4X a week, and sometimes I just use it as a mask while in the shower, sometimes after using it as a scrub, and sometimes not. I just slather it on my face and leave it on for the rest of my shower. I have some redness on my upper cheeks, possibly mild rosacea, not sure - but I am very pale so its noticeable, so I don't usually scrub this area, but I am able to use this product on this area just as a mask and it is extremely gentle and does not make the redness worse or irritated. It feels soothing.

A little goes a long way and It really does brighten and clarify. And the value is fantastic, costs less than $40 CDN for a good sized bottle that lasts me 4-6 months. I also love that its Canadian made, I order it directly from their website, the shipping is free and I get it in 2 or 3 days. I can't see myself not using this and would recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by iamceliahodes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing exfoliator and brightener. I received this as a sample, which lasted forever, and decided to purchase the full size before I ran out. I noticed a difference in my skin after the first week of use. It is not too rough, and I find it is best to leave it on for a few minutes after exfoliating. It is a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way, and the results are impressive. I purchased one for my mother, and will definitely buy again in the future. I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by iloveurbandecay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had this applied during a makeover at the Vasanti counter. I loved the feeling of it, and at home it's just as gentle and perfect. I leave it on a little longer so that the enzymes can go to work as well. It's a beautiful product that does exactly what it says it will and I recommend it highly. Also please note that Vasanti products are not tested on animals, which is what drew me to the brand in the first place.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is crazy AWESOME! It truly does brighten up your complexion and clears out them pores pronto! It's almost too good...after I use this, you can see my empty pores through my makeup for a few days :-o...this is very good for us acne prone gals...helps with them nasty face demon scars too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This scrub has the same texture as the Derma E Microdermabrasion Scrub, which I love. The crystal particles are so fine, it really allows you to buff away flaky skin. It is also extremely gentle, probably a little bit more so than the Derma E. No burning, itching, or redness. I really like this scrub and highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first time I ever got a sample of a scrub that I ended up buying (got it from Birchbox). I've gotten samples of pricier scrubs before (mostly from Clinique) but they never were impressive enough to spend the money on the full size. I've always just stuck with my drugstore scrubs (St. Ives, Queen Helene)...but this felt so amazing, & I could see the difference in my skin! So I bought the full size. I had a code for 30% off, but I'd even pay full price because this stuff is so good ($34).

The scrub is very fine, so I don't feel like I'm rubbing liquefied sandpaper on my face! And it has almost no scent, but what little I can smell just smells clean. I also only have to use a very small amount of this. It spreads very well over my face. The scrub is kind of a paste like consistency, with very fine particles in it. My face feels so smooth & clean afterwards, & doesn't feel dried out.

The sample size lasted 2 months, using it 3x a week, so this full size will probably last me 7-8 months, I think. So even at full price, if I paid $34 & this lasted 7 months, it's still less than $5 a month, so if you think of it that way, it doesn't sound so bad ;) Like I said, I'm usually cheap when it comes to scrubs, so I have to be pretty impressed to buy something that costs more than a few bucks. This is worth the splurge.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by spygirl13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample.

I hate to be the in the minority here but I wasn't as crazy about this as the other reviewers.
I found it to be a little harsh. The crystals were sharp and abrasive! I felt like my face was being cut with a bunch of little knives. I don't have sensitive skin - I can usually use almost anything without a harsh reaction so this definitely surprised me. However, my esthetician friend told me microdermabrasion will feel like that, which I haven't ever had done. The roughest I usually go on my skin is baking soda or sugar.

The positive thing is that my skin was slightly brighter and slightly smoother after using it. I'm not sure if I am willing to put up with the pain of using this product though. Once a week I think is more than enough with something this strong/abrasive. Any more than that, you eventually won't notice as nice results. Your skin's natural cycle is about 30 days anyways - you gotta give it time to regenerate!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Christac3698

Received this as a sample in my Birchbox and I seriously fell in love with this!!!! I have already ordered a full size because I love it so much. When I receive the full size I will definitely use the recommended 3-5 times a week. With my sample I only use twice a week, and I have already seen amazing results. My skin's texture has greatly improved and some of my darker spots have begun to lighten up a bit. So happy I was able to sample and find such a great product!