November 22, 2014 | 1735 users online

Scrubs - Vasanti - BrightenUp! - Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

This was one of several purchases I made from Birchbox. I was unhappy with most of my Birchbox purchases, and this was no exception. I'm not sure why I thought this would be good for my delicate skin. So this is supposedly 99% natural, paraben and sulfate free. So why isn't there an ingredient list on the tube to show us what is actually in it? And none of these things mean that it's gentle, because believe me, it isn't. It s very abrasive, and it burns. It's clearly not fragrance free, and the fragrance is bad. I purchased this several years ago, and I am proud to say that I am a lot more careful now about what I will put on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love, love, LOVE this amazing addition to my regime! If you have dry flaky skin and unevenness of any kind, this stuff is a game changer!

Like many others, I had never heard of this brand or product before receiving a generous 20g travel tube in one of my monthly subscription boxes (I get too many to remember which one). I was addicted after the first try - by my second use I was like "that's it! No more foreplay!", and I went straight in for the purchase of a full size. This is hands down the best exfoliator I have ever tried - it knocked my beloved Diamond Dermabrasion exfoliator by Platinum Skincare out of the running, which I NEVER thought could be beat!

This is really powerful stuff, yet it's not harsh. It is definitely the closest one will come to mimic the effects of professional microderm treatments. My skin is dry, flaky, uneven in tone and texture, and very sensitive. This somehow manages to sloth all of that away but leaves my skin fresh with no "raw" feeling to it. I am betting it would also work wonders on oily and acne prone skin, because its such a skin transformer. That says a lot, doesn't it? A product that is so good it changes up and eradicates flaws on all skin types. I feel this does such a great job that my face creams and oils seem to penetrate better, if not deeper. The ingredients are wonderful too and its a cruelty free product, major plus.

If used as directed (3-5 X per wk) be prepared to buy this much more often and if so, the price may start to erk you and your wallet. On the other hand if used as directed, your gonna see such amazing changes in your skin that price is gonna be of no object here. I am telling you all right now, I would pay up to $150 for this stuff (IE the price of 1 prof micro peel)- its that good!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Received this product in my September Birchbox, although it was a fairly large sample and I've tried it four times now. I love exfoliants and this one performs ok, but it has a really strong lemon cleaner kind of smell that is off-putting. I've also been breaking out this past week, so wonder if this is causing some kind of reaction with my skin. I've totally revamped my skin care routine, though, so it's hard to say what's causing the breakout. Overall, this is an ok product, but I wouldn't purchase a full size bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Kphx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

"Brighten Up?" Lets Try idk....TRAUMATIZE YOUR FACE! this stuff is so incredibly rough and painful yes I have sensitive skin but this was just torture from gently scrubbing my face I seriously got like broken capillaries on my cheek maybe they were just exposed capillaries because this product took off my whole 7 layers of skin
to my girls boys with sensitive skin (not even super super sensitive more like just picky skin) I DO NOT advise you to use this product omg

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by ntorki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this scrub! It's so amazing and I love how it has natural ingredients. I have super oily skin and sometimes at the end of the day, you just need a GOOD SCRUB. this does just that. You can also leave it on for 2-3 minutes while you brush your teeth for a little extra oomph! I love it! It is a bit expensive, but I would totally buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by KellyFitzhugh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff!! a long time ago, i got a sample size in my birchbox (so this review is kind of late sorry) anyways no hate to kate somerville but this blew my exfolikate out of the water!!! every time i use it i see such a giant difference in my skin!! im really pale and have been having on and off cystic acne and it leaves these horrible red spots on my chin but using this is bringing my skin back to life!! my spots are fading and all of my skin looks soo much brighter and clearer every time i use this, like my skin actually looks tolerable, so i can't even imagine how amazing your skin will look if yours is clearer than mine haha!! you will have super model skin!! i agree with what some people are saying about leaving it on for a couple minutes after scrubbing, i think that helps with any good exfoliator really. it has a really really super fine grit which makes it feel so fancy, and it doesnt make my skin really red (which a lot of stuff does) or anything and i just can not emphasize enough how great this is!! ive tried so many masks and exfoliators and nothing makes such a HUGE immediate difference in my skin!! (and long term, but i mean its worth it for the instant gratification alone). i haven't really noticed it making a difference in my breakouts but A. nothing does and B. really my biggest struggle is with my uneven skin tone, and it is so hard to find things that work really really effectively and noticeably and fast on that, so this is Holy Grail without a doubt!!! i wouldn't hesitate to tell anyone to buy this scrub!! :D 2 thumbs up, 10/10 best scrub ever!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate to be the one person who doesn't like this, but I think it sucked. One, it was not exfoliating, it still left me flaky. It also left a film on my skin that I couldn't rinse off. But the worst thing is that it broke me out terribly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this product! So I will start out by telling you a little bit about it. It has dermatologist grade crystals that work at 25 percent. It also has aloe, papaya, coconut, and panthenol. It is 100 percent vegan and 99 percent natural. The price isn't bad as well. You get 4.23 ounces for 32 dollars. The directions say to use this scrub 3-5 times a week. I usually use it every other night before bed. You only need a tiny amount. I would say a little less than a pea sized amount. A little goes a long way, and this product will last a long time. That's one of the reasons it is such a good value. It leaves my skin super soft and bright. I do believe it's helped my skin over time to be better and look better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by devonnaire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. Best scrub ever, and I've tried a lot. Thesize of the grit I found to be similar to Laura Mercier's face polish, but the formula its in is so much better and does so much more for my skin. I'm assuming thats the enzymes. My skin is left smooth looking and feeling, and looks noticeabley clearer and brighter. It has a scent, but its very light and unoffensive. Not perfumey, just clean and pleasant and does not linger on the skin once its rinsed off.

I use this about 2-4X a week, and sometimes I just use it as a mask while in the shower, sometimes after using it as a scrub, and sometimes not. I just slather it on my face and leave it on for the rest of my shower. I have some redness on my upper cheeks, possibly mild rosacea, not sure - but I am very pale so its noticeable, so I don't usually scrub this area, but I am able to use this product on this area just as a mask and it is extremely gentle and does not make the redness worse or irritated. It feels soothing.

A little goes a long way and It really does brighten and clarify. And the value is fantastic, costs less than $40 CDN for a good sized bottle that lasts me 4-6 months. I also love that its Canadian made, I order it directly from their website, the shipping is free and I get it in 2 or 3 days. I can't see myself not using this and would recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by iamceliahodes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing exfoliator and brightener. I received this as a sample, which lasted forever, and decided to purchase the full size before I ran out. I noticed a difference in my skin after the first week of use. It is not too rough, and I find it is best to leave it on for a few minutes after exfoliating. It is a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way, and the results are impressive. I purchased one for my mother, and will definitely buy again in the future. I highly recommend!