La Roche Posay Rosaliac AR intense

3.6

water, glycerin, isostearyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, pentylene glycol, polysorbate 20, Tambourissa trichophylla leaf extract, glyceryl acrylate/acrylic acid copolymer, dimethicone, dimethiconol, ammonium polyacryldimethyltauramide / ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, disodium EDTA, acetyl dipeptide-1 cetyl ester.

on 3/14/2015 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Some strange marriage of coincidence and necessity combined when I brought myself to Boots in search of sunblock due to some upset I had with my angry rosacean skin and a general female insecurity brought on by vague intimacies. Perhaps anticipating these seasonal skin changes, springtime urges and their associated self-doubts, Boots had thoughtfully applied a 3 for 2 deal on all skincare. Leaving me with the options to either embrace the deal and overspend on impulse buys, or cynically reject it and wonder forever if my problems would have been solved at discount had I only submitted to the soft commercial pressure.

Knowing La Roche Posay had reliable and well regarded sunscreen, I searched and found Anthelios XL Creme in SPF 30 (having tried and disliked their more positively reviewed Fluid sunscreen a number of times in the past, I decided to stick to a more traditional formulation). I was also somewhat "in the market" for a cleanser, and deliberated for quite some time (security guard eyeing me softly) over the Physiological Miceller Water, and the Rosaliac Miceller Gel - choosing in the end the Gel. Sunscreen and cleanser in hand, this would have been my needs met, but O, glorious commerce! Delicious capitalism! I could choose one more product and participate in the clever deal.

That product was Rosaliac AR Intense.
I didn't buy it blind, of course. Sensitive skinned, budget conscious, cautious consumer that I am, I spent some frustrating time looking up reviews on my secondhand iPhone 4, flipping my concentration between a number of other products before finally resigning with a sigh and sharing my hard-earned decision with a Boots sales assistant and whatever system collects and compiles the data from my Boots Advantage Card.
\
3 weeks later:
I have been using all 3 products daily and there has been a very noticeable change in my skin. It is pale and quiet. General redness reduced, skin seems clearer and smoother. No irritation. A great result.

Paulas Choice describes this as a very basic product with very little to offer in the way of active ingredients, so taking that as gospel (I'm a consumer, not an guru), this serum is either a) magic or b) the combination of this with the sunscreen and miceller gel is causing the positive result.
I should mention that prior to this 3 weeks I had been alternating between Avene Hydrance Optimale Legere SPF20 and Clinique CityBlock SPF40, so it's possibly not just the simple result of using high quality sunscreen.

In any case, I'm using this and I'm liking it very much. The internet is full of unhinged and out-there advice for rosaceans, and I've been through a lot of experiments over the years (apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, vitamin c, baking soda, sulfur soap, very high end serums, prescription antibiotics, metronidazole gel & cream, steroid creams, yogurt masks, raw honey, seaweed... an so on). Everyone wants the miracle cure to this mysterious condition. And the miracle cure is always promoted to be a simple, cheap, "natural" substance found in the kitchen or health food shop. Why? because it's a nice story?

Well, here's my story, boring as it is: In exchange for ~30 I've been able to stop thinking about my skin and do other more interesting, mind expanding things.

However, I will say this: this product is not cheap, I use about 2 pumps at night, sometimes 1 pump in the morning. The bottle is small, opaque, and I can imagine I will run out of product in another 3 weeks or so.

This is an HG product of mine! I used to have noticeable capillaries on my cheeks, this serum has reduced them to the max. My skin feels more comfortable, I don't have any red bumps anymore and it has reduced overall redness. Comes in a very hygienic packaging and a little goes a long way. I have been using it for about 8 months and I'm still on my first tube. It does say to preferably apply on affected spots only, which I do. I recommend and will repurchase!

on 1/26/2015 5:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Can't say whether it helps with redness yet as I've been using this for less than a week so far; however, few things i can review already:

1) it has a consistency of a serum-a huge plus for my oily T-zone. i wore it alone and with a moisturizer on the top and was very pleased at how it controlled the shine (especially when worn alone)
2) no stinging sensation, no greasy sensation... for me it is a very comfortable product to wear, also a good base for makeup
3) like the packaging with a pump

once i hopefully see some red area improvement, will make sure to update!

on 12/29/2014 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It is too oily. I have an oily dehydrated skin, very sensitive with redness and sometimes break outs around chin.
I thought its supposed to sooth and calm your skin, but it doesnt and i felt like my face was covered with a film of oil

on 11/23/2014 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I received a generous sample with my Sephora order. It has a thin serum like consistency and it does help with moderate flushing and redness on my cheeks. I woke up this morning to skin that looked bright and calm. I haven't experienced any breakouts or felt any stinging so far. I used it with the Toleraine Cleansing Gel of the line and have had good results. I can't really tell if it has a scent or not. It is not detectable to my nose. I use about a pea size amount on each side of my face and it spreads well and absorbs on my skin. I am really debating if I really want to spend the cash getting a bigger bottle. Other than it, this is nice for its calming ingredients.

on 8/10/2014 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually wait at least a month before reviewing a product, but I was so thrilled with the early results, I had to post a review. I have rosacea, with thick/bumpy/reddened skin on my nose, cheeks and forhead. This product comes in a sealed hard plastic container, with a top that you twist to allow the product to be dispensed from a pump that you have full control over how much you dispense. This product is a thick gel that absorbs nicely. I apply it morning and night right after washing my face, followed by my moisturizer. After one week my bumpy skin is considerably smoother, and much less reddened. When I run, my face turn bright red; this serum calms it down a little quicker. Honestly, if I've gotten all the results I'm going to get, I'm going to keep using this serum, but I'm hoping for even more improvement.

I will never be without this product.

on 7/1/2014 8:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got a sample tube of this product at Walgreen's. I finally tried it out today. I am usually afraid to try new things on my face since I have very reactive, sensitive, and acne-prone skin. Keep in mind this is the only new thing in my skincare routine. As soon as I rubbed it on after washing my face, it started stinging and burning, as well as some allergy like itching. The consistency felt like a silicone primer base, far from feeling moisturized. I didn't feel it was sticky, but it was oily silicone serum. Definitely, far from being soothing, and you need to apply sunscreen since it does not contain any. Don't know about the packaging, as I got a sample. I will never purchase this, as it caused me problems instead of relief.

on 6/24/2014 6:07:00 AM

fantastic product for those who suffer from any kind of rosacea! I have dehydrated/combo skin with flushing and this product has been a life saver this summer. it shrinks spots and redness due to food , drink, and external aggressors. my husband had very oily skin with acne rosacea. his acne and redness has decreased by roughly 70% in 3 weeks and his skin is getting a healthy glow. highly recommend and will stock up so I never run out.

on 4/2/2014 8:15:00 AM

I really like this for my redness issues. I get very red and irritated on my face all the time. My combo skin is still in the dry phase because it's not warm yet, plus I have a broken capillary or 2 and this was the 1st thing that said it would work on that issue. I also get the worse redness from any spot and have redness around my cheeks,nose, and chin. So, I picked this up at CVS and had no expectations really. I am digging the airtight pump and I like the simplicity of the bottle. I like to use this at night on my whole face and during the day I use it more as a spot treatment to protect the areas that redden the most.

I have to say after a few weeks the capillary on my nose has almost disappeared. The redness on my cheeks and chin area are much better. I don't need a lot of base to cover my redness which is really why I use foundation. My skin is so uneven because of constant redness if my boyfriend has stubble and kisses me it actually hurts my face! So, this gives you an idea of my sensitivity. The formula feels like a primer and absorbs quite quickly into my skin. I use a day moisturizer over it or CeraVePM at night and my skin looks so much better! I have no breakouts with this at all and I am very acne prone but it's more hormonal and this works to take the angry red out of spots that are going away. It won't do anything to it but once it's healing they do look less irritated.

What makes me happy is no this is not a miracle product but it has helped my sensitive skin tremendously. It is very sanitary and this product goes well under my makeup no balling up or anything. I find less is more and being patient has paid off because nothing was working on my broken capillary's. To see them almost gone is awesome because they are hard to cover and finally I have something to help. I really like this serum especially for the warmer months because it's so light and non greasy. I would repurchase. Recommended!

on 10/21/2013 9:41:00 AM

My rosacea flared up a few weeks ago and didn't have anything to tamper it down. So I thought I want to give this product a try. It calms my face right after I applied it and the redness disappeared after 2-3 days. I'm still using it even the redness is gone because it didn't break me up and keeps my face hydrate without being too oily.

Popular Treatments (Face)