April 19, 2014 | 1032 users online

Treatments - La Roche Posay - Rosaliac AR intense

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this as a serum under my moisturiser, day and night, and I have definitely noticed a reduction in redness in my cheeks. My overall skintone looks more even. It's also a nice light consistency for a serum, adds a bit of extra moisture and doesn't clog pores. I did not notice an immediate effect, but maybe by day three, so if you're testing it out give it a bit of time to work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this for my redness issues. I get very red and irritated on my face all the time. My combo skin is still in the dry phase because it's not warm yet, plus I have a broken capillary or 2 and this was the 1st thing that said it would work on that issue. I also get the worse redness from any spot and have redness around my cheeks,nose, and chin. So, I picked this up at CVS and had no expectations really. I am digging the airtight pump and I like the simplicity of the bottle. I like to use this at night on my whole face and during the day I use it more as a spot treatment to protect the areas that redden the most.

I have to say after a few weeks the capillary on my nose has almost disappeared. The redness on my cheeks and chin area are much better. I don't need a lot of base to cover my redness which is really why I use foundation. My skin is so uneven because of constant redness if my boyfriend has stubble and kisses me it actually hurts my face! So, this gives you an idea of my sensitivity. The formula feels like a primer and absorbs quite quickly into my skin. I use a day moisturizer over it or CeraVePM at night and my skin looks so much better! I have no breakouts with this at all and I am very acne prone but it's more hormonal and this works to take the angry red out of spots that are going away. It won't do anything to it but once it's healing they do look less irritated.

What makes me happy is no this is not a miracle product but it has helped my sensitive skin tremendously. It is very sanitary and this product goes well under my makeup no balling up or anything. I find less is more and being patient has paid off because nothing was working on my broken capillary's. To see them almost gone is awesome because they are hard to cover and finally I have something to help. I really like this serum especially for the warmer months because it's so light and non greasy. I would repurchase. Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by varadaos

My rosacea flared up a few weeks ago and didn't have anything to tamper it down. So I thought I want to give this product a try. It calms my face right after I applied it and the redness disappeared after 2-3 days. I'm still using it even the redness is gone because it didn't break me up and keeps my face hydrate without being too oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Ralen

This has truly been a miracle product for me. I always hated my red cheeks but it developed into true rosacea when I was in my mid 20s - constant bright red cheeks, bumpy skin if I spent too much time in the sun, more and more visible capillaries. I tried every product I could get my hands on as well as a few color correcting makeup primers. Some products would help a little bit temporarily, but the effect would always wear off.

I have been using La Roche Posay Rosaliac AR intense for about a year now and I can truly say it's the absolute best thing for my skin. I have a normal amount of rosiness/color to my cheeks, no itching/burning/tightness, and my skin is left feeling quite smooth and soft (though I do use a moisturizer and then sunscreen on top too). I look like a normal person with lovely skin!

I highly recommend this product and pray that it is never discontinued or reformulated! It's relatively inexpensive ($33CDN + tax for 6 months supply using twice daily) and has great packaging (air tight and travels very well).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 6:12:00 AM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is another product I´ve been using during my flare up of seborrheic dermatitis.
I bought this out of desparation, because I suffered from burning, hot, uncomfortable skin for 6 weeks. It was not an allergy and I suppose, it is seborrhoic dermatitis. My skin is very sensitive, reactive, picking and the biggest problem is the constant burning sensation on my face, especially in my chin and cheek area.
I followed are commendation of a colleague, who had rosacea for years and used this line from LRP. The products for rosacea are "light" products in general and often, I can use them for my seborrheic dermatitis skin.
The AR intense is a light gel emulsion, almost a serum consistency, that is odorless and colourless.
It comes in an airless pump dispenser, which is very practical.
According to the LRP website the ingredients that should help rosacea besides the thermal water are:
AMBOPHENOL-A: Natural extract of the leaves of Tambourissa Trichophylla, a plant found in Madagascar known to calm and soothe redness.
NEUROSENSINE: Helps to reduce skin reactivity and hypersentitivity. Reduces the signs and discomfort associated with skin sensitivity.
The good: This really helped my skin as far as any OTC product can do. I need prescripted medication, no doubt about that, but this helped me during my waiting time for an appointment with a derm. The burning is not completely gone, but it is tolerable and not as painful as it was. As my skin cannot take heavy, oily, fat creams and craves light and cool formulations at the moment, this is very good right now. I mix it with fresh aloe vera gel I bought at the pharmacy and that�s it for skincare these days. I also use the micellar cleansing gel from this line.
The bad: I don�t like silicones and if you look at the formula, you will see, that this has quite a bit of silicones in it. It feels a little sticky on my face and it also has not much moisturizing properties, so I don�t know how dry-skinned people will like this. The silicony feeling is not what I usually want in a moisturizer, but I never broke out or reacted badly from silicones, so it�s just my personal liking. This may be the reason why other reviewers broke out from using this. If your skin doesn�t like glycerin or silicones, this one might not be the best solution for your skin.
This really is an SOS product for me and as glad as I am to have it at the moment, I wouldn�t want to use this exclusively as a moisturizer. Too much silicones for my liking, but excellent choice for emergencies.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by miladias

It broke me out each and everytime I used. I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin and my dermatologist prescribed it to help my redness (rosacea), I tought it would give me a little moisture too. It's greasy, your face gets sticky, it's color fades when you apply it, good packagin, pricey. Didn't notice much change about the redness. That's all I can say about it, since I couldn't use it for more than a week.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

Less a review, more initial impressions since I've just used this twice. I don't have Rosacea, however I have underlying medical conditions that can cause facial redness. For the most part it was under control and my skin was the clearest it had been in a while. Then came Spring.

Along with flowers blooming and trees growing lush with leaves are allergies that come from all the lovely flora and fauna. Happens like clock-work yearly and naively thought this year I'd bypass all that since my skin was so well behaved. Yeah, no.

Its been worse than ever, red, itchy, bumpy, drier, just since last week when pollen counts went up. I've tried all the usual products in my calm skin arsenal to no avail. I've tried cortisone and antihistamines as well.

Then I got a sample of this and while its not a miracle I'm witnessing, its the only product I've seen make any difference this past week at all. Its a cloudy, light somewhat pinky-peach-ish, liquid that has a little viscosity to it. It spreads easily but is not emoillient. I have read some say they looked oilier. I have very dry skin and for me this is not moisturizing enough on its own. That said its okay if it does what its meant to, I can use it as a "serum," under moisturizer, or pre-then wait a while to moisturize.

It has made my skin feel calmer, quelled to a good extent, that hot, itchy, irritated feeling I've had all week. My cheeks are still pink, but less so red than yesterday morning for ex.
It only stung at the corner or my mouth where my skin was cracked but not at all otherwise.

I've tried another product in this line, the "non intense" version. I didn't experience any ease of symptoms and felt they were possibly exacerbated. I'm only using a sample sized tube now and have about 3 more "doses" left. If this continues to provide some relief I'd buy the full sized product. There is no spf so keep that in mind, no obvious scent I can discern. Will update in a few days..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by bkanhan

This product is AWESOME. It made the redness in my face go away in less than a week. I dont really have a severe case of dness, but my frecked skin has the tendency to be very red sometimes. I have oily skin but to me the product did not feel oily, although it did make my face 'glow' a little. It feels really soothing, because it has thermal water in it. I really loved it and will surely buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by midsummerdream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It totally broke my skin out! I had to throw it away since the first day i used this product. I always be the loyalty customer of LRP especially Toleriane and sunscreen series.... but not this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't think I could live without this in my make-up routine. I use it as a primer under my BB cream and it works like a dream, even for my aggressively red cheeks and chin. Worn on its own, I find it can make the skin look too oily, but I can't even mark it down for that because it has saved me from perpetual redness! It has a wonderfully make-up friendly texture and the scent is virtually undetectable. I didn't like the other rosaliac products in LRP's range but this is my holy grail!