September 20, 2014 | 831 users online

Moisturizers - Lumene - Sensitive Touch 5 Minute SOS Cream (Rauhoittava Tehovoide)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by yandonova

Recently I noticed a dry patch of skin on both of my cheeks, but mostly on one of them. I never experienced dry skin in the summer months (I'm 30 years old) although I think this might have been there since the winter but for some reason was irritated that I decided to stop using my cleanser. I bought this 3 days ago on a 75% clearance at cvs. I am impressed by its effect so far. My skin (I only used it for my dry patches on my cheeks) is soft again and the redness is calmed. It's really a great product for dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by anna416

I want to buy this in bulk.
I have very dry and sensitive skin which everything seems to clog these days. Not Lumene products. I've used the Tender Drops moisturizer and the Energy Cocktail Drops (before they got discontinued). I use this over the Avene Retrinol at night and wake up to beautiful skin. It doesn't absorb too well so I don't recommend using under foundation. I only use it on days when I don't need to wear liquid makeup (which thankfully to this cream are happening more often). Two of my favorite products became discontinued, I will be buying this one in bulk before it too goes the way of the dodo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was in search of a drugstore heavy duty cream for dry patches and to be honest there is not a lot to pick from that fit what I'm looking for in a heavy duty balm. Everything is full of chemicals, fragrance and dyes. But I knew from research that Lumene products (Made in Finland) sold at CVS were Paraben free and other than two products in their line...Gluten-free. This is very important to me as I am Gluten-sensitive. Even products I put on my face need to be Gluten-free or break out in a rash or in cysts. So I picked this up and hoped it would help my current crazy skin skin condition.

This is a very thick cream but it spreads like satin. No added fragrance and has very good natural ingredients like Arctic Linen Seed and Vitamin B- which is excellent for compromised skin barriers.This instantly calmed my red patches along my cheek. It really does only take about 5 minutes to get relief. So it does exactly what it says. This is for dry and irritated skin and is supposed to give you well-being in 5 minutes and it does exactly that. Over time (With successive use) it is supposed help the strength of your skin barrier. It's too soon for me to tell yet but in a week it has been very helpful in making my skin feel more comfortable. It just makes my skin feel very moisturized without being greasy which Is what I wanted. I have a very oily chin and forehead and don't need grease, I just need something for dryness in other areas.

Box Says" Free from Colorant, Ethyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Paraben, Paraffinoil (Mineral oil in the US) and Silicone.

Ingredients include a water base, Shea butter, Squalene, jojoba, Olive Fruit Oil, Glycerin and linseed.

It does have Cetyl Alcohol and Cetearyl Alcohol.

Cetyl Alcohol is a Fatty Alcohol, not a Drying liquid type. In labs it's normally considered a wax. It's not harmful to skin and is used in cosmetics to make products silk and smooth.

Cetearyl alcohol is used for penetration of product into the skin. It is also an emulsifier. It is a fatty alcohol found in Palm oil and Coconut oil.

So do not confuse these with Ethyl or Isopropyl alcohol or even Alcohol Denat. They are plant and sometimes animal based (In lumene's case, Plant derived)

I would definitely pick this product up again and keep in in my purse it's good for dry patchy and irritated skin anywhere on the body. I used it on my rough ankles and they were super smooth the next day. I really like the integrity of this company and their commitment to paraben free cosmetics. They are not needed to make an awesome product. A lot of companies use them because it's cheap. Meaning higher profits for them.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this cream. I bought it in a fit of desperation when Retin-A made everything else sting and burn. Not this though. This soothed and hydrated my skin and made me comfortable for the first time in days. I'm past the worst of the Retin-A now, but I still use this nightly on my neck and as an eye cream. It's my favourite eye cream because it's hydrating without being greasy and most eye creams are just too much even for my dry skin. Just wonderful stuff, and I will always keep a tube around.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by MW1111

I became a big lumene user recently, (used vitamin c night cream everyday for 3 months and NO breakouts, EVER), and wanted a nice, portable hand cream. I got this on sale and I think this cream is actually better than the vitamin c+ night cream, which could be quite heavy for daytime use. This comes in a little tube, at 1.7 fl.oz, it's the same size as the creams, and works very well, yet gentle, with no fragrance. My hands feel like bliss for hours. I have yet to use this on face because I just started using sensitive touch night cream, but this cream I will definitely stock up if it goes on sale. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by landog78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this cream on my face, mostly at night. I have very dry skin and this product moisturizes my skin right away. It's a little heavy but absorbs quickly and works wonderfully. I've used this product in the morning when my skin is very dry and I have no problem applying makeup over it. It helps dry lips too. I'll definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Was considering LRP Toleriane for my parched, irritated, sensitive facial skin but this is much, much cheaper and has some antioxidants as well. It comes in an opaque tube that stands on its cap and doesn't fall over in my medicine cabinet. It doesn't really have a scent. I have been using it on my face every night after an antioxidant serum and it does moisturize nicely and soothes my skin. No breakouts, no irritation or stinging. I have trouble finding it in stock at my local CVS, especially when Lumene is on sale. I think this is a lovely moisturizer for winter-irritated skin and am on my second tube. Hope it doesn't get discontinued!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by VersaillesVixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I bought this, I assumed it was a facial moisturizer since that's Lumene's specialty, but I think this is supposed to be more of a hand cream. The tube says to apply anywhere with "dry, cracked, irritated skin," which unless you having a serious problem, shouldn't be on your face. That said, I completely love this as a hand/elbow cream. I keep it in my purse and it has done wonders for my hands. It is fragrance free, so that can be a good thing, no clashing. I have loved every Lumene product I've ever tried, and will stick to them for as long as they keep making products. Go Finland! Highly recommend.