July 30, 2014 | 1990 users online

Eye Shadow - Shiseido - Shimmering Cream eye color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought two of these, Sable and Patina, over a year ago. I use cream shadow 95% of the time and I think I've tried most brands, high to low. These are definitely some of the best. You can apply a very sheer layer or go for a heavier application. They have a lot of slip and you have time to move them around as you like before they dry down. They never look dry or cakey. I have deep-set eyes so everything creases at least a bit on me if I don't use primer. These are no different. Still, as lasting power goes these are great. Mine are old now and they have not dried out at all. They may be a bit less slippery but they still glide on beautifully. These age better than any other cream shadow I've tried.

I want to give a shout out to the color Sable. Yes, it's brown. The most gorgeous brown ever created. I had it on today and went to see a plastic surgeon about a scar on my face. She had not a stich of makeup on her face but very excitedly asked me what I had on my eyes. I told her and she said it was the most beautiful eyeshadow she'd ever seen. She may be right. It's brown but so complex. If you can wear golden shades you need to try this one. It's just absolutely gorgeous. I also have Patina and it's worth a look too. Very pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by absdeinn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this eye shadow to be very good, won't crease and last a whole day. it is very easy to remove at the end of the day.

I have this in pale pink, I like the effect it has on my eyes, it is very subtle and brightens my eyes which is exactly what I am looking for. a little bit of this shadow and eyeline, I am good to go.

The price however is expensive for eye shadow... but the quality is good, so I guess it is OK

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by starzi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I don't use a lot of cream shadows so don't know if this is the best out there, but its a pretty good one I would say. Goes on smoothly, not patchy, lasts the whole night, colour stays the same without any dulling or disappearing. I think I have this in Ice. Its a gorgeous blue, but I don't got for it a lot as its a quite bright colour, only really use it on nights out. Blends great with another wet or cream shadow. You can also blend upwards without making a harsh line. I am tempted to buy more, think there are some new shades out now? Not totally sure... I've only seen information about it on 1 blog. But we shall see. Would definitely buy another if I ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by CaillouM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The cream shadow has a wonderful consistency: it goes on smooth, layers well and stays all day without creasing. I am also using the cream eyeshadows by Bobbi Brown and Mac, but like the Shiseido better. In comparison, the Bobbi Brown shadows are quite thick and drying, the tubes by Mac are messy to apply and splotchy. The only thing that needs improvement imo are the colors: most of them do not match very well. I use the bronze, moss and antique gold colors. A lot of the other colors are bright and quite ordinary - why don't create a more sophisticated palette with more tone harmonies? The jar will dry out in time, even if it is firmly closed, but removing the top layer with a tissue will still get you lots of the good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG cream eyeshadow and it looks fantastic even when applied by someone as untalented as myself. I believe it would do wonders in able hands.

My 37 year old lids do not like cream eyeshadows because they settle into my crease line, migrate everywhere on my lids etc. Shisedo shimmer cream eyecolours do not. Even without a primer, they stay where they are put for the whole day adding a multi-dimensional look. They have a nice sheen, perhaps more sheen than colour.

I use more natural colours from this collection as a base or primer for other eyeshadows and this makes everything else last longer. With more vibrant colours such as golden light etc, I achieve a great look with very simple finger touches. Really easy, fault-proof application.

Have bought and will continue to use these. Strongly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in sunshower, a peachy/orangey colour. I really like the texture of this product, it feels so smooth and moist and it applies so smoothly. I use my fingers to apply it, it is a great product to use when you are feeling lazy and don't want to get out the brushes and palettes. A light wash of this across the lids with nothing else looks fine. It lasts on me all day, however, it does tend to crease slightly but even then it doesn't look as creasing normally does. It is also easily fixed with a semi-decent eye primer. It is quite shimmery, but not gritty and has decent pigmentation. I find myself reaching for this product quite often and am really fond of it. I am not sure if I would repurchase it though, as I have a feeling that there may be better cream shadows out there. I guess we will wait and see. I do think it costs more than it is worth though, at least where I live.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Lexus95

I have Patina. I had originally wanted the limited-edition color that Emma Stone was wearing in an ad, but a sales assistant suggested this color instead, saying it was similar to the other one that had been sold out.

I use the tip of my ring finger to apply this. It glides nicely and is not too hard or too runny. It has a subtle shimmer and not to opaque; I think the texture is perfect. My eyes still need some definition, so I layer a Lancome shimmery black eyeshadow around the outer corner of my eyes. One time, a sales assistant at a cosmetic counter literally grabbed me to ask which eyeshadow product I use!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by waters2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite cream shadows. These are easy to work with, and don't dry down like thick paint. They can be used sheerly or layered and last as long as the best cream shadows out there. The softly, shimmering creams also work well as liners, and the color selection is great. I've owned five of them for over a year, and the product hasn't dried out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by bonita85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is just a lovely eyeshadow cream. I love it how it doesn't feel cakey, it stays on for long time, and it doesn't crease after several hours! it's just awesome and I don't need to touch up because it just stays on. However, I have to build up layers to get the intensity if I want it deeper pigment. But overall it's a product that I would recommend to people=)..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 6:22:00 AM More reviews by Sylvia60

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have both Tin and Patina.
Incredible staying power on both of them and are a delight to apply.
I use an UD eyeshadow brush to apply in general and then a Koyudo C011 to build the colour according to my look.
Patina is very similar to Skinny Jeans, but even creamier.
Tin is an unexpected delightful grey and perfect for green eyes.

I recently (June 2013) bought BK 912 (Caviar) and BE 204 (Meadow)
Caviar is much more to my taste as far as texture and colour than MAC's Blackground, my former go-to shadow for this colour range.
Meadow is a lovely old gold, great as a base, a sheer wash or built up for more impact.

I can't praise the texture, colour pay-off, staying power and suitability for ageing eyelids of all the Shiseido Shimmering Cream Shadows enough.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No