September 30, 2014 | 982 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My favorite thing about this mascara is the wand, which is how I decide on which mascara to buy and repurchase again. These types of wands work for my thin short eyelashes at making them look longer. This doesn't noticeably help hold a curl or curl my lashes since mine are short. I would like bare essentials products so much more if they made the packaging look more appealing. This mascara and Buxom's lash mascara are my two favorite cruelty free brand mascaras that I will continue to purchase until something else amazes me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Truly one of the worst mascaras I have ever purchased. It does not add length, volume or enhance curl. From the first use, the mascara formula was very dry and clumpy. It did nothing for my lashes. Did not smudge and was easy to remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by ishinesarah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard so many good reviews on this mascara so I had to go to Sephora and buy it. I had hesitated originally because of the price. I wasn't sure if it would be worth buying for $18 but since my last mascara had expired and I needed a new one for Prom I decided to try it out. I can tell you that when I put this mascara on my eyes suddenly stood out a lot more. My lashes were perfectly curled and they really stood out. They didn't make my lashes like spider legs or get to clumpy. They leave my lashes feeling great and it doesn't weigh them down. They just look beautiful. I have tried so many different mascaras and this is my favorite. I will totally be buying it again and I really recommend this mascara. The only thing I didn't like which I can get used to is that since the brush is so long to add curl and length the brush sometimes get's the mascara on my skin but it can be easily taken off and covered up. This is just overall the best mascara I have ever tried. It is most definitely worth the $18.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by mog12

Really liking this so far! Definitely more curl than my normal BareMinerals mascara and lengthens too. A really good all rounder,

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

This is a really great mascara. I got it in a set and I'm glad I did...I had a friend who worked for BE & she didn't recommend this mascara, so I would never have purchased this on my own.
This mascara does exactly what the name implies. It actually gives your lashes a nice curl and awesome length. The first time I used this I was so surprised at how it seemed to cancel out my need for a lash curler. I can honestly say I have never used a mascara that gives this much curl. Even better, even though this is not waterproof, the curl holds all day, and I never had a problem with this smudging or flaking throughout the day.
On top of that, this also gives nice definition and even a decent amount of volume to the lashes. I never felt the need to layer anything over this because this handled basically everything! I could use one or two light coats for more neutral looks or really layer this for more drama (which I typically go for). This could get clumpy and a little spidery after multiple coats, but for the most part, it wasn't an issue.
The formula on this was a little wet in the beginning, but not messy, clumpy, goopy wet, if you know what I mean. I know people recommend throwing out mascaras after 3 months, but I since I was rotating other mascaras along with this one, it lasted closer to 6 months before drying out.
I have a lot of other mascaras I want to try before I run out and get this again, but I do recommend it. I don't think $18 is TOO bad for a high-end mascara, especially considering most drugstore mascaras now are $10+! And definitely check a BE outlet if you have one near you...They have insane discounts on their products!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Purchased this mascara during their 20% off weekend. Terrible results -- after applying my eyelashes were brittle. This product does not lengthen or curI as claimed. I guess I should have purchased the original "flawless definition" since that mascara has the highest rating. Will be returning as I have my receipt. This mascara is "dollar" and drug store quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by vivaELvino

I was surprised at how much I like this product. It might not be perfect, but it's close enough for me. My eyes had watered and itched non-stop for the past couple of years, which I thought was due to sinus allergies. I switched mascaras a couple of times trying both drug store and more expensive brands with no change to the eye problem. Thinking that a waterproof mascara might be my only option, I asked the saleslady at Ulta for help in finding something that would stay put, but not be a PITA to remove. When she heard about my allergies she suggested this one, since it was all natural and came in an espresso (brown/black) shade. Wow! What a difference. The constant watering and itching disappeared overnight. It goes on smooth, with only a bit of clumping and hasn't dried out in the tube. No smudging, no flaking, and now that my eyes aren't constantly watering I actually still have mascara on at the end of the day. It washes off easily with no residue. I gave it a 4 because of the claim that it curls your eyelashes. It doesn't. Maybe its supposed to work well with an eyelash curler? No clue what Bare Escentuals was thinking with that one. Since the curl isn't an issue with me, I'm happy with the product. I did have a problem with the first tube I bought. After a few days of use, a clear liquid (water?) started to drip out of the top of the tube. I returned it for a new one and have not had that problem again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by mmfoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm normally a drugstore mascara kind of girl. Even paying $8 for mascara seems like WAY too much for me, and while some mascaras did great in the beginning, many petered out and just let me with "okay" lashes.

Then one day I realized just how bad I needed a new mascara (this one was drying up) and I happened to be by a bareMinerals boutique. I loved everything I had tried there so far, so I decided to look into their mascaras. I'm so happy I did!

My lashes or normally relatively straight and short - to the point that if I don't have mascara on, you can't really tell they're there. This mascara is absolutely amazing, in that it provides great color and actually curls my lashes without the need of an eye curler. It goes on easily and doesn't dry to anything that is crusty or brittle. Relatively speaking, my lashes still feel pretty soft with the product on them.

Normally spending $18 on mascara is absolutely ridiculous to me, but this Curl & Lengthen mascara really does the trick. I already have a backup!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I actually adore this mascara. My hg is CG Clump Crusher, but this is a close second. I already have very long, thick eyelashes, so I'm not looking for drama. Just something to darken and define without clumps. Well, this does a fantastic job of doing so! I love the brush and the formula glides on like a dream. Just one swipe is all I need. My biggest gripe is that the tube, for whatever reason, always ends up with a ton of excess product all over it in little clumps. Well, no worries, I can just wipe it off with a wet towel. Problem solved. Rather there be clumps on the side of the tube than on my peepers!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by hopflower

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a surprise! I had heard of this mascara but have worn Chanel's for many years. No matter what they came out with, I found one that worked; starting with Instant Lash many years ago. Recently I have been wearing Inimitable and found it wonderful; but I have never been happy with the cost. For almost half the price I can get BE's lovely Flawless Definition Curl and Lengthen; and yes, it does both. I have blonde roots to my light brown lashes and must wear something. I also wore black for years, but have changed to the Espresso colour in this. It is a beautiful brown and looks very natural as well as somewhat dressy. Perhaps because it is not as harsh looking.

It curls lashes that don't curl well; adds definition, and makes my eyes look awake! There are no problems with smudging, and there are no flakes to contend with. I like this mascara as well as Inimitable, and will also try the volumizing one.