September 17, 2014 | 1790 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Lip Lacquer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

I have this in the shade 660 for Dark Brunettes - this is a very pretty pale peachy slightly mauvy pink with gold frost - think L'oreal fairest nude lipstick but sheerer with gold particles. Absolutely gorgeous. Same old loreal gloss vanilla caramel scent probably the same formula as the Color Juices too but in a chic new package. Slightly sticky but not overly so but this does improve the wear time. I would recommend this shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 7:11:00 AM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I'm not usually a fan of L'oreal lip products - they tend to irritate or dry out my lips. But these glosses were on special offer, plus I was intrigued by the classification of shades according to hair colour, so I thought I'd give it a go.
According to L'Oreal this range of 12 glosses is "tailor-made for 4 universal phenotypes: blonde, light brunette, dark brunette and dark skin tones."
I bought the shade 'pink', no.221 designed for blondes. (For reference, my skin is light and fairly neutral but I look best when I enhance the yellow/warm undertones with my makeup; my eyes are green; my hair is natural medium-ish golden blonde, but I have some highlights).
221 looks to me like a fairly deep yellow-based pink in the tube, a vibrant shade that appeals to my love of corally lip colours. On my lips, though, it looks slightly cooler and makes my teeth look really white.
It applies from a squeezy tube via a plastic slant tip - certainly not my favourite applicator style, but it distributes the gloss *fairly* evenly. 221 has a sweet smell, like chocolate or caramel and delivers a high shine, non-sticky finish. It's touted on the L'Oreal website as being a longlasting product, but I find the wear to be comparable to any lipgloss (ie not very long). I like that it has great pigmentation for a gloss, and I'm happy to reapply it as and when.
These glosses retail for around the 8 mark in the UK, which is great value for 14ml of product. Much as I dislike plastic slant tip applicators, I'd happily repurchase this.