September 19, 2014 | 976 users online

Hair Treatments - The Body Shop - Rainforest Radiance Hair Butter

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by DiyaSpade

I have very dry hair, when I use this, my hair looked and felt noticeably softer. So why the low rating? That's because this product gave my back and chest acne, like very big big pimples all over my back and parts of my chest. The pimples were worst on my back. I used the product the first time and noticed the break outs. I waited 2 months and tried it again and I got back acne again. I do not have sensitive skin, and I don't have back acne either, so I know that the acne was caused by this mask. Too bad because my hair loved it. I gave the rest of my jar away.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good hair treatment. My hair is very thick and I relax it about every 3 weeks. I also workout allot so I am always washing and styling my hair. I need to keep good conditioners in my house because of all of the srtess I put my hair through. I think this keeps my hair soft and moisturized, but it will never beat the Honey conditioner that TBS used to make. I wish they would bring that product back. This product gets the job done though. It's better than anything I could buy at Walgreens or Sally's.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by hanami10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have always had issues with my hair, as it is thick, frizzy, wavy, and overall hard to manage.

I have tried other products on the market, but unfortunately they have not been friendly to my hair nor to my budget. I had given up on my hair for a while, but I happened to see this at marshalls for about 4 dollars so I thought, "why not" and got it.

The smell is nice and not strong. And after the treatment, my hair was much less frizzy and controllable. I cannot say anything about change in gloss, or how it has sustained my hair color better or worse.

I use it once a week, and it is more than enough. You do have to make sure to rinse it out thoroughly though, and I don't think it says anywhere on the container that it should foam when you are rinsing it out...

Either way, the product works to control frizz, and I also think your hair needs less conditioner per treatment than the product recommends depending on the oily-ness of your hair.

It works, but unfortunately the product costs too much for my broke college student budget. Might buy when I am older and better off, but for now I will be trying to find a more budget-friendly alternative.

Will not buy again because although it works, it is not amazing, HG kind of amazing and I feel I can do much better with the $$$
3/5 won't recommend for or against it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 4:50:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got myself a sample size of this hair butter on a whim while I was madly shopping for the Chocomania products at The Body Shop. I usually do fine without a hair mask but an unusually cold and long winter took its toll on my dyed and BSL-hair. The hair butter is exactly what the name says: its texture is surprisingly firm, although still smooth. But it's absolutely nothing like your average drug store hair mask. It goes on easily and can be worked into the wet hair without problems. Instructions say to leave it in for about five minutes, then foam it up with a little water. Now I can't make this work. No matter how much or how little water I use, there's no foam. Dunno if this would make a difference, anyway. Afterwards rinse thoroughly. I can't say much about my hair shining more than it usually does but it sure feels nourished & supple and a little bit as if I had treated it with oil instead of a hair mask. I really like the feeling. It's a pretty good hair mask for me, however, I do have rather uncomplicated hair. Although I'm dying it every four to six weeks and blow-dry it after washing, it's very healthy. For people who are less lucky, this is probably not the right treatment. Like I mentioned above, The Body Shop offers sample sizes, which is great for a trial. I do think about buying again. I'm happy with the outcome, I do like the smell (very fruity!), it's sans silicones & parabens and my hair seems to like it just fine.