November 27, 2014 | 1416 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Pure Rouge Vernis Couture

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by kaycee66

I was in search of a new lipgloss, and I usually go with the blue-reds, magenta/pink, dark plum colours, and wanted something a little softer.

I bought this about half a year ago (fall or winter of 2012?), and what drew me to it was the display that YSL had. No doubt it was a new product.

I tried EVERY SINGLE appealing colour on my hand, and narrowed it down to 3, but #16 Pourpre Preview won.

PROS:
- believe it or not, it's buildable. I can use a thin layer for a sheer, tinged look. I can reapply for a bright pink/purple colour
- very lightweight feel and texture, I don't feel like I have a thick goop on my lips
- it is indeed long lasting! If untouched (drinking, eating), I wear it for work sometimes, and it doesn't feather, and by noon, maybe has dried just a little
- gloss without the overglossed finish
- I do find the packaging to be quite pretty, very signature YSL

CONS:
- Maybe price for the price conscious? it is expensive, but it is a premium brand, you don't need to reapply often, and so far, I haven't had to buy a new one (though I dont' use everyday)

I would consider this to be my top lipstick/lipgloss product. I will definitely buy it again in another colour once on a search again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by juillet4paris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

After hearing about all the hype around this lipstick I decided to check it out at our local Sephora. What can I say ? I love this lipstick! The texture is amazing, it looks as though it will be very heavy and sticky on lips, but you don't feel it at all. The look is very glossy so if you like a matte or natural effect this is not for you (at least the beginning). The staying power of this lipstick is a first for me. I put it on at 8am, I had 2 cups of coffee, tea, a salad for lunch followed by an apple. The gloss wore off after the coffee but what remained was a beautiful stain that remained until I got home at 7pm. The stain was not accompanied by usual dry lips. I bought #23 (which is one of the new shades that they just released in France) it looks like a very dark purple on the sephora site, but it's a beautiful burgundy color, very rich, very fall. I'll definitely go back to buy another shade. FWIW, I wear Guerlain #24.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by linz75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I also got No. 9 on this one and love the finish, staying power and just a perfect red. I'm going to try a lighter color soon. This is absolutely a great find!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 4:05:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Actually, I am not sure whether it is a lipstick or a lipgloss, since it's something between. I really like the texture, durability, color of this one. Personaly, I do not like the sticky and short lasting effect of lip gloss, but this one gives a long lasting bright one. I bought the shade # 9 (pomegranate red), but others are also beautiful. Great for lipstick ladies like me!