October 2, 2014 | 1158 users online

Eye Shadow - Rimmel - U Rock Eyeshadow - Zest

rated 3.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

Zest is a cream eyeshadow trio with a shimmery champagne, an orange copper, and a light bronze shadow all swirled together in one pan. The problem I have with shadows not being separated is that it can be really difficult to just use one of the shades without getting another shade into it. When I use this, I typically apply the champagne color as a highlight and then just swirl the copper and the brown together to get a darkened bronze color. The shadows are pretty smooth and my brush picks up the shades fairly easily. They also apply well without being splotchy, but they are fairly light and I usually need to apply several layers to get the full color. I like the color and the shimmery metallic cream shadow effect this trio gives, but these shadows don't hold up all day. I usually notice creasing within the first few hours of wearing this, even with my HG Lorac eyeshadow primer which nothing creases with. Also, the colors fade considerably throughout the day, leaving me with a slight shimmery wash rather than the nice bronzey shade this begins as. My last gripe is the packaging. These trios are super cheap so I wasn't expecting too much, but on almost every Rimmel U Rock shadow I have, the lid has popped off, leaving this to dry out until it is unusable.
I'll probably continue to use this on occasion for a quick and easy natural look, but I'll definitely be reaching for my Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows more than this.