September 19, 2014 | 891 users online

Powder - Earth Lab Cosmetics - Loose Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by trapezeswinger

I have been using Earth Lab cosmetics for about a year and a half now. It is the closest to "all natural" one can get! There are only 3 ingredients, but these three ingredients are enough to do the trick!

I have acne prone skin, and this product has never made me break out. I barely feel it on my skin, which is a big bonus for me. It has good coverage, but I'm not sure it would be the best for someone with severe acne or very red skin. This is because it is very light, so it covers up my skin nicely, but I will have to use the concealer on individual red spots. This can be a pain, but I'm willing to make the sacrifice so I can stay away from chemicals!!

It's also a Canadian brand, made in Kelowna B.C. It's 30$, which seems expensive, but one container has lasted me more than 6 months (and I apply it once a day).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by jedi_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My review is for the Brand 'Earth Lab Cosmetics', for the product 'Loose Mineral Foundation'. I have it in shade M2

Here is a link: http://www.earthlabcosmetics.com/-strse-29/Loose-Mineral-Foundation-dsh-M2/Detail.bok

I am investigating all natural makeup because I like the idea of lowering my toxic load. I know I am going to get chemicals and artificial things into my system through all sorts of means but I can try to lessen the load via the products I *choose* to apply directly to my skin. Also, I started paying more attention to just how much makeup is left at the end of the day when I use my makeup removal wipes and well, its not much left after a day. That means most of it is getting absorbed into my system. So I thought, I'll just give the natural stuff a try and see how I like it. I am not a 'green addict' nor do I need to have everything organic. I'm just slowly trying to learn about chemicals and wanting to reduce the unnecessary ones. Anyways, enough of that. Lets get into this product!

I truly love this foundation!
-It is a loose powder and has only 3 ingredients and none of them are nano-particles (i.e they are not small enough to get into your blood stream). Ingredients are: Titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarine blue. You might think something with just 3 ingredients can't possibly be elegant looking on your skin, but you'd be wrong if you made this assumption in this case of this product.
-It comes in a small round container that has a built in sifter and has a screw cap lid that you use to help apply the powder to your brush and tap off excess. I like the packaging as its small and easy for travel and secure so it will not leak or open accidentally. For morning time however I do not like having to unscrew the lid, even though its just a few seconds we all know that in the morning you are in a rush and even a few seconds can get irritating. Also when i am in a hurry I find I don't properly screw the lid back on so I have to purposely think about it and go a bit slower. Small annoyance, but wanted to share it anyways.
-You tap a tiny bit of product into the lid and then use a large powder brush to pick up some powder and then start to swirl it onto your face. Its amazing how natural it looks when applied, but also, how it actually acts like a foundation. Meaning, it actually helps smooth out your tone and give you coverage.
-Depending on how much you apply the coverage can be light to medium-ish.
-I find this product is very easy to apply. Its amazing how quickly I can apply foundation to my whole face using this product. I had never considered a 'loose mineral powder' foundation before. I guess I thought it would be heavy or cakey but it really isn't. In fact, its kinda the opposite. You apply exactly the amount you need and you can buff it into the look you want.
-The shade M2 which I have is quite forgiving and it best suited for those with yellow undertones. Here is the description from the website: "The M2 Loose Mineral Foundation was designed to even out lighter skin with yellow undertones this color is great if you have Asian Ethnicity. It also works well for women with problem skin like Rosacea."
-This foundation really has lasting power, good coverage and I am very pleased with it.
-So far no breakouts.

The price is $30.00 CAD and I do find that a little steep for the amount you get. Its true that each application requires *very little* product and this container will probably last me forever, but I still cringe at that price, just can't help it.

I hope others will try this foundation and share their experiences.