October 21, 2014 | 1961 users online

Highlighters - Alterna - 1-Night Highlights

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by LadyPunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this in hot pink. Yes the highlights look very natural. The main way that they are marketing this product is by saying it does NOT flake off. By the end of the day, I had pink powder all over the back of my shirt even after brushing out the excess as the instuctions state. Another reason that I wouldn't buy again is that there was also hot pink coming out of my nose.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by blushinglara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this in caramel and the color is gorgeous! Sparkly, not chucks of glitter! I have long curly hair and it was a mess to apply :( The brush would get tangled in my hair and the result was.. well patchy! So i tried straightening it first, and this weighed it down so it went totally flat and crispy!!

Discouraged - i gave it to my mom.. who loves it!! She has very short hair and not only it applies easy and looks great - it acts like a hair gel and keeps the style in place! definitely the perfect product if you have short hair!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by mcpatty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was at Ulta today and decided to check out 1 NH. I got the salesgirl's opinion on which color to try; I am growing out my grey but at the moment feel like it's a bit blah. I thought about getting highlights but then would have something else to grow out. I ended up getting Sweet Caramel, to warm up my hair color until I get more grey and less mousy brown. I came home and tried it out- it is magic in a can! I used it on my bangs and on some longer sections. It looks so natural and better than most highlights I have had done professionally! The color, on me, was subtle but definitely noticeable. I still have my grey but 1-NH just kicked the color up a notch with a warm glow, and no roots to deal with! I will be experimenting more, but have a feeling I will purchase again more than once!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by ctrimble

I expected this product to be a complete gimmick failure, but it is AWESOME! I love it. It says it gives you highlights for one night, and it totally works - I used the dark shade on myself and the blonde shade on my daughter. Both worked great, but you could definitely see the highlights better in my dark hair than her blonde. It just made her hair looked more blonde and so, so shiny. The product squeezes out in a mousse through a brush thing. It looks like it's going to be way too much and leave a big glop on your hair, but it brushes through the hair leaving perfect little sparkly highlighted strands. I think I might even like it better than real highlights. The product itself is sort of glittery/metallic - looks kind of like a bronzer, but while it leaves your hair really shiny, it didn't look like tacky glitter hair at all. Looks very natural once applied. I was also afraid it would make my hair feel yucky or the highlights would rub off everywhere - didn't have either one of those problems. There is a slight initial stiffness once applied, but that brushes right out. It got on my hands after applying, but that washed off with water, and it stayed in my hair really well. The only negative I have is that it was hard to get the brush/actuator going at first - you have to push really hard. Otherwise - I think this stuff is magic!