Physicians Formula Youthful Wear Cosmeceutical Youth-Boosting Mattifying Face Powder

3.4

ngredients- Talc, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Dimethicone, Nylon 6/12, Nylon-12, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ceramide 3, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Olive Glycerides, Dimethiconol, Magnesium Silicate, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Tocopherol, Benzyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Iron Oxides.

I bought this hoping it was a cheaper alternative to my MAC MSF and Laura Mercier powders. I was sadly mistaken. I purchased the "translucent" shade. This oxidized so badly. I am about an NC 20 and I looked like an oompa loompa within the first hour of wearing it. Unfortunately this did not work for me.

on 1/8/2015 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this product, I reach for it a lot in the summer. It gives the skin a very flawless like appearance without adding too much extra coverage, which is personally what I look for in a powder. I use very illuminating foundations and in summer I do not want to look shiny, so I think this is perfect for removing the shine, but still leaves a bit f a glow. I especially love this for "no make, makeup" days, with just concealer. That is probably my favorite way to use it, as it looks like skin but evens out your skin (this method might not work for those with more problematic skin.) I don't care for the packaging as there is a layer under that comes with a sponge of brush (can't even remember.) Which to me is useless because I carry a special brush for it, cause the brushes/sponges that come with most powder products are really bad (aside from maybe Dior and Chanel.) My friend actually gave this to, and I am definitely a high end type of girl, so it did surprise me when I like this product so much. Reminds me of the mac mineralize skinfinish in texture/feel.
IMPORTANT: Do not be fooled by the "translucent" name, don't know why they said that, it is a medium on the more neutral side. So for those lighter than Maybe NC30/35-NW25/30 this will be too dark for you.

on 9/9/2013 12:18:00 PM

A translucent powder that is tan in color. It kinda worked this summer when I had a touch of a tan, but it will definitely be too dark this winter. I don't care for the touch of sparkle in it. I despise the brush that came in the package. It always picked up too much powder and was kinda streaky. Will not repurchase.

on 12/8/2012 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am still trying to figure out how a TRANSLUCENT powder can turn my NC30 skin orange.. :( But boy oh boy it did. I have never had something oxidize so badly. It's going back.

on 4/26/2012 4:24:00 PM

I wanted to like this but the SMELL, the SMELL. While on it smelled like an old aunt of mine and that wasn't good. If you want Gold Bond powder on your face all day, use this.

Plus it had sparkle in it. Not a daytime choice.

I returned it.

on 4/25/2012 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

This stuff is my new HG blot powder! So glad I decided to try it!. I'm quite tanned and most translucent touch-up powders leave a light cast, even if applied with a light hand. I love how it does not alter the color of my foundation, since most touch-up/blot powders do for me. I am also IN LOVE with the color of the packaging, since purple is my favorite color! Plus everytime I whip it out to touch-up, all the ladies ask me what it is because the packaging is sooooo attractive in color! Awesome product for touch-ups, especially for combo/oily skin! @_@v

on 4/23/2012 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I wanted to try a different translucent powder than the one I've been using for the past few months (Marcelle Pressed Powder) because I'm not 100% happy with it. I used to use Sephora's Tricks of the Trade Blotting Pressed Powder but I think it's discontinued (it was a bit pricey for me, as well). While this Physician's Formula product isn't exactly affordable for me either, I decided to give it a try because if I ended up liking it, I could easily get it anywhere instead of going out of my way to go to Sephora.

Anyway, I have a natural medium tan with a yellow undertone and after using this translucent powder for just two days, I believe it is too orange for my skin - after applying just once, my face looks half a shade darker. So imagine reapplying this throughout the day multiple times (which I tend to do with all translucent powders I use) - my face would end up looking too tanned, I think. I actually prefer something more "chalky-looking" as it adds a tad bit of brightness to my complexion. The powder itself is kind of messy for being a pressed powder - little particles become loose easily and can get on clothing when applying. The packaging is too bulky and the little brush the compact comes with is useless (I prefer using a kabuki/powder brush). And the smell is kind of strange - none of my pressed powders smelled like this. And I think this gave me a few small whiteheads! Hopefully the acne will clear up. I will continue to use this powder, maybe it will grow on me.

UPDATE: I stopped using this powder awhile ago - it did not grow on me! I just find it too orange for my skin tone and I think it was giving me whiteheads. Any face powder I don't like, I usually keep it around for an eyeshadow base.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I don't have a lot of positive things to say about this powder other than the shade (it is more yellow toned) and the scent. I was pleased with both of those, but everything is lacking. The packaging (per usual for PF, IMO) is bulky and heavy and not good. It comes with a brush, as most of their powders/brushes do, but they are not good quality, pretty useless. I wish they wouldn't bother including them and then the packaging could be less bulky. I found that this powder just kind of settled over my pores, which was weird, and didn't do much or last long. PF powders are spendy, for being a drugstore brand, and this just doesn't do the trick for that price. I'm NC20, and this matched me nicely, but just doesn't get the job done to keep my face matte.

on 3/29/2012 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My HG powder of the moment is MAC skinfinish mineralize (light). I always thought the Physician's Formula products I've tried have been good quality, but this one still pleasantly surprised me. WOW it's nice for a few reasons. First thing I noticed was how smooth the texture of this powder was... not chalky at all even once applied and coverage is similar to the MAC SFM. I got the shade "translucent" which is actually slightly darker than my NC15 skin, but it works. Very lightweight and blends well without caking or settling into my 48 yr old lines. Next, as someone who is usually verrrrry fussy with any type of fragrance, I am shocked how much I enjoy the soft "scent" this has. First time I wore it and my DH leaned over to kiss me later on, he questioned what smelled so good. I had to think a moment and remembered it was this powder although I could not smell it myself at that point. If you like the fresh "violet" type smell of the mood booster line (with the hearts), it's pretty much the same. The packaging, while yeah it's not Chanel... it's still attractive, easy to open, shiney, and purple!

on 3/20/2012 10:01:00 PM

I really like this powder. I apply like a powder foundation, with a sponge, over serum and concealer. Sometimes I spot conceal on top. It lasts all day, no touchups. It is natural looking on me, and I do think it makes me look younger. Love the color and NO oxidation. The illuminating one had little sparkles you could see in the sun (but might be glowy looking at night) , but this one does not. Just looks like healthy skin to me. I have had two people ask me about my skin products since I started using it, which is fun. My other fav is Pur Minerals--fuller coverage but awesome. These two products have me ignoring other foundations--which is HUGE for someone who has scoured the boards and bought every one for 10 years. I really recommend trying it.

Popular Pressed Powders