July 29, 2014 | 2076 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Youthful Wear Cosmeceutical Youth-Boosting Mattifying Face Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Ambam032

A translucent powder that is tan in color. It kinda worked this summer when I had a touch of a tan, but it will definitely be too dark this winter. I don't care for the touch of sparkle in it. I despise the brush that came in the package. It always picked up too much powder and was kinda streaky. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by kloghopper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am still trying to figure out how a TRANSLUCENT powder can turn my NC30 skin orange.. :( But boy oh boy it did. I have never had something oxidize so badly. It's going back.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Kieviet

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this but the SMELL, the SMELL. While on it smelled like an old aunt of mine and that wasn't good. If you want Gold Bond powder on your face all day, use this.

Plus it had sparkle in it. Not a daytime choice.

I returned it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Lionessque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is my new HG blot powder! So glad I decided to try it!. I'm quite tanned and most translucent touch-up powders leave a light cast, even if applied with a light hand. I love how it does not alter the color of my foundation, since most touch-up/blot powders do for me. I am also IN LOVE with the color of the packaging, since purple is my favorite color! Plus everytime I whip it out to touch-up, all the ladies ask me what it is because the packaging is sooooo attractive in color! Awesome product for touch-ups, especially for combo/oily skin! @_@v

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Olom

I wanted to try a different translucent powder than the one I've been using for the past few months (Marcelle Pressed Powder) because I'm not 100% happy with it. I used to use Sephora's Tricks of the Trade Blotting Pressed Powder but I think it's discontinued (it was a bit pricey for me, as well). While this Physician's Formula product isn't exactly affordable for me either, I decided to give it a try because if I ended up liking it, I could easily get it anywhere instead of going out of my way to go to Sephora.

Anyway, I have a natural medium tan with a yellow undertone and after using this translucent powder for just two days, I believe it is too orange for my skin - after applying just once, my face looks half a shade darker. So imagine reapplying this throughout the day multiple times (which I tend to do with all translucent powders I use) - my face would end up looking too tanned, I think. I actually prefer something more "chalky-looking" as it adds a tad bit of brightness to my complexion. The powder itself is kind of messy for being a pressed powder - little particles become loose easily and can get on clothing when applying. The packaging is too bulky and the little brush the compact comes with is useless (I prefer using a kabuki/powder brush). And the smell is kind of strange - none of my pressed powders smelled like this. And I think this gave me a few small whiteheads! Hopefully the acne will clear up. I will continue to use this powder, maybe it will grow on me.

UPDATE: I stopped using this powder awhile ago - it did not grow on me! I just find it too orange for my skin tone and I think it was giving me whiteheads. Any face powder I don't like, I usually keep it around for an eyeshadow base.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't have a lot of positive things to say about this powder other than the shade (it is more yellow toned) and the scent. I was pleased with both of those, but everything is lacking. The packaging (per usual for PF, IMO) is bulky and heavy and not good. It comes with a brush, as most of their powders/brushes do, but they are not good quality, pretty useless. I wish they wouldn't bother including them and then the packaging could be less bulky. I found that this powder just kind of settled over my pores, which was weird, and didn't do much or last long. PF powders are spendy, for being a drugstore brand, and this just doesn't do the trick for that price. I'm NC20, and this matched me nicely, but just doesn't get the job done to keep my face matte.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 9:36:00 AM More reviews by BeeBonnet

My HG powder of the moment is MAC skinfinish mineralize (light). I always thought the Physician's Formula products I've tried have been good quality, but this one still pleasantly surprised me. WOW it's nice for a few reasons. First thing I noticed was how smooth the texture of this powder was... not chalky at all even once applied and coverage is similar to the MAC SFM. I got the shade "translucent" which is actually slightly darker than my NC15 skin, but it works. Very lightweight and blends well without caking or settling into my 48 yr old lines. Next, as someone who is usually verrrrry fussy with any type of fragrance, I am shocked how much I enjoy the soft "scent" this has. First time I wore it and my DH leaned over to kiss me later on, he questioned what smelled so good. I had to think a moment and remembered it was this powder although I could not smell it myself at that point. If you like the fresh "violet" type smell of the mood booster line (with the hearts), it's pretty much the same. The packaging, while yeah it's not Chanel... it's still attractive, easy to open, shiney, and purple!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Elle02

I really like this powder. I apply like a powder foundation, with a sponge, over serum and concealer. Sometimes I spot conceal on top. It lasts all day, no touchups. It is natural looking on me, and I do think it makes me look younger. Love the color and NO oxidation. The illuminating one had little sparkles you could see in the sun (but might be glowy looking at night) , but this one does not. Just looks like healthy skin to me. I have had two people ask me about my skin products since I started using it, which is fun. My other fav is Pur Minerals--fuller coverage but awesome. These two products have me ignoring other foundations--which is HUGE for someone who has scoured the boards and bought every one for 10 years. I really recommend trying it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by susjs

This seemed like a really promising new product based on the generally positive reviews and advertised benefits, unfortunately for me it was a disappointment. To give credit where it's due, this is a silky-feeling, sheer powder that doesn't appear cake-y or give a dried, powdery look. It's worth noting that although the colour is called Translucent, it's not what I'd consider universal or translucent--I wonder if anyone with a darker skin tone than me could really wear this, it's very light going on but also has the distinct honour of being the only powder that's ever oxidized and turned somewhat darker and patchy on me. [For reference, I'm approx. NC or NW 20, Laura Mercier TM in Nude, Bobbi Brown Sand, Giorgio Armani LSF in #5.] When you sweep a brush over it, there's a lot of powder fly-away, but the main detriments were a) packaging and b) a very strongly unpleasant scent. The packaging is bulky and cheap-looking. A clear plastic lid snaps shut with a flimsy hinge, underneath is a separate compartment in shiny purple plastic with a mirror and a brush better suited to scrubbing grout. Assuming this doesn't bother you...brace yourself for the scent. Wow, didn't expect it to be so strong, reminds me of an artificial, powder-sweet bathroom freshener. This isn't a youthful, or better yet--innocuous smell, it's a POW-in-your-face smell. Wish I could recommend a great drugstore substitute for a pressed powder but in the meantime I'm going back to Laura Mercier.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by westside

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have both the illuminating and matte powders from the new pf line and I love them both! Yes, they cost an arm and a leg, but coupon stickers were available, plus sales! I have not worn powder in over two years and usually just stick with concealer. But I love pf...terrible packaging, but the claims and research they have are impressive. The powders are hydrating and make my skin look so much smoother. I would definitely recommend this line. I hope pf will launch a "youth" bronzer as well!