July 29, 2014 | 1571 users online

Liquid - Physicians Formula - Youthful Wear Cosmeceutical Youth-Boosting Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by SeashellsInSummer

I adore face products from physician's formula because they're higher quality than most mid end brands and they don't break me out. This foundation is perfect for me as it never looks cakey or shiny or mask like; just smooth, poreless and fresh. It is the only liquid foundation I like and I've tried tons, including bb creams which I feel are highly overrated. I also love the matching concealer and powder, and I highly recommend them.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Bellarose3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very thick & paste like. Hard to blend & has funny smell (that I don't particularly enjoy!). I don't use foundation often, so I kept this in makeup case to try mixing w moisturizer- to make more like a bb cream. Still looked muddy. & made me look wrinky! And it was a shade lighter, so I don't get it. Usually PF looks too pale on me. I used to love their makeup, but the last couple yrs everything I get ends up in the trash!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not a good foundation. Only applies properly with fingers. The brush has a nice handle and that is about it so I am keeping the product for the handle on the brush (maybe that was their gimmick). However this brush is only about good for using to apply a face mask with , not for makeup application. Now, on to the product...

i changed my mind. HG summer foundation here!
This is like no other foundation I have ever ever tried. It is so oil controling! But it will not make you look flat! the color, medium, is perfect and brightening on me. VERY easy to blend

I use becca primer underneath and I actually dust a bit of mineral powder on before, applying this. Trust me, it is an excellent technique

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this to cut the white sheen I get from my zo based sunscreens. I mix a drop of this into the sunscreen. i like the fact that it also gives a little ZO based sun protection. The grainyness is there, but it does not feel grainy going on or bother me on my skin.

I use the medium shade for my NC25ish skin. Again, just a tiny amout.

i imagine this would be quite pasty and chalky if used on its own. But for my purposes....adding a tiny bit of coverage and eliminating that white cast....it is OK.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by ElizaW

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this on a whim and tried it out today. Glad I wasn't going out of the house otherwise I would of had to wash my face immediately and start over. While the coverage was good, (I bought the lightest shade available) it was far too dark for my skin tone and makes it look like a fake tan on my skin and too thick . If only it was available in lighter shades, it might work but sadly that isn't the case, in the trash it goes :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this for 40% off at Rite Aid, thinking "What the heck, that's a decent price" and purchased it in the lightest shade (Fair, I believe--I'm NC20). I had read a ton of reviews on here before buying it, and still felt it was a safe bet.

Well, needless to say, I returned it and wouldn't purchase again. It was thick, cakey, didn't want to spread well, and looked patchy on me all day (over moisturizer and primer). I didn't much like the smell, either. The shade match was ok, I will give it that. I have combo skin and my dry spots did NOT like this at all, plus it left me shiny in the T zone. Definitely not worth the regular price of $14/tube. I didn't touch the brush it came with.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by lisamims1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the only drugstore foundation out there that says it is gluten-free.

It's very matte, which is great if you have oily skin. It works well on very pale skin if you have the "Fair" shade and apply it with a light hand. It actually cleared up my face, somewhat.

This is very good stuff, and I'm very grateful that it exists.

Also, it's a rosacea cure, and it will make your pores smaller. (Visibly smaller.) The first ingredient is zinc oxide, which is an old-timey cure for rosacea--and it works!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the "Light" color and it was just way too dark and orange on me. It's a shame because I liked a lot about the product. The packaging was great; I am a big fan of tubes. The foundation comes out like a thick mousse, but spreads easily on skin. The finish is quite matte, almost powdery. I never used the brush it came with, just my fingers.

I think this was about $15, which is expensive for drugstore foundation. But at least you do get a decent amount of it (I routinely pay $14 for my Revlon Colorstay Whipped makeup, and you don't get as much product for the money).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by happifayce

I really like this foundation! It is very thick and imo is full coverage. It covers everything and its just great. Definitely will keep purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by sceylon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin background : Oily, sensitive, currently MAC NC30-35 for reference, yellow undertone.

This foundation is a good medium (buildable) coverage foundation for me. The consistency is very thick - like that of a creme to powder thick paste. There is not a strong smell, more like a powdery light scent. It claims to provide smooth, flawless, even, youthful, airbrushed look and it does deliver quite nice for my skin!

I bought my foundation in the shade Medium Beige, which has a yellow undertone, and that is a great match for me. It covered and concealed my hyper-pigmentation on my cheeks, and evened my skin-tone around my eyes, while maintaining a natural cake-free looking finish. The finish is more on the matte side, and lasts about a good 5-6 hours before I need to touch up, which is typical for most foundations. I think it's a great light weight foundation for summer, but I'd imagine I wouldn't like this in the winter........

I have worn this foundation with AND without a primer, and I feel that it delivered just the same! I do have to put a finishing powder on to set my foundation, as my oily skin likes to seep through after a few hours. This product did not break me out, or make my face look crazily cakey. I also double this up as concealer, since I do not necessarily need a ton of concealing. Overall, I do like this foundation! Although this is not my holy grail for foundations, I would probably repurchase if I ever ran out of it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No