Physicians Formula Youthful Wear Cosmeceutical Youth-Boosting Foundation

3.3

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 1.960% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Hydrogenated Didecene, Lauryl PEG-8 Dimethicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tribehenin, Nylon-12, Polyamide-5, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Ceramide 3, Glycerin, Aluminum Dimyristate, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Silicate, Olive Glycerides, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides Colors: Fair, Light, Medium

on 12/15/2014 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG and it seems as if it's already discontinued! I've been buying back ups when I see it. It's full coverage and matte, hence why some have described it as a paste. I feel like it gives a nice smooth feeling to my skin. I have really oily skin and acne scarring and it does better with both of these than anything I've ever tried. The only thing I don't like is the lack of colors. I wear light, and that's really my summer color (nc30). For winter I've been mixing it with a little bit of bb cream that's a shade too light for me. I also love the packaging because the soft tube keeps it clean and you can squeeze all the product out. I apply it with my fingers and set it with revlon photo ready powder. Love them both and definitely worth a try for oily skinned if you're on their color scale. I don't use the brush it comes with at all. I think it's too thick for a brush.

on 12/1/2014 2:29:00 PM

I really like this foundation and I never wear foundation! It usually looks way too mask-like. I have yellow undertones, with a touch of pinkness around nose, which is covers nicely. Looks great, and in photos, you can't beat it. I'm always shiny... This foundation cures that! Nice matte finish. Believe me, my forehead is an oily beast. I like this stuff... Wish it was a bit cheaper though.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I adore face products from physician's formula because they're higher quality than most mid end brands and they don't break me out. This foundation is perfect for me as it never looks cakey or shiny or mask like; just smooth, poreless and fresh. It is the only liquid foundation I like and I've tried tons, including bb creams which I feel are highly overrated. I also love the matching concealer and powder, and I highly recommend them.

on 6/19/2014 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Very thick & paste like. Hard to blend & has funny smell (that I don't particularly enjoy!). I don't use foundation often, so I kept this in makeup case to try mixing w moisturizer- to make more like a bb cream. Still looked muddy. & made me look wrinky! And it was a shade lighter, so I don't get it. Usually PF looks too pale on me. I used to love their makeup, but the last couple yrs everything I get ends up in the trash!

on 4/26/2014 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is not a good foundation. Only applies properly with fingers. The brush has a nice handle and that is about it so I am keeping the product for the handle on the brush (maybe that was their gimmick). However this brush is only about good for using to apply a face mask with , not for makeup application. Now, on to the product...

i changed my mind. HG summer foundation here!
This is like no other foundation I have ever ever tried. It is so oil controling! But it will not make you look flat! the color, medium, is perfect and brightening on me. VERY easy to blend

I use becca primer underneath and I actually dust a bit of mineral powder on before, applying this. Trust me, it is an excellent technique

on 11/6/2013 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I use this to cut the white sheen I get from my zo based sunscreens. I mix a drop of this into the sunscreen. i like the fact that it also gives a little ZO based sun protection. The grainyness is there, but it does not feel grainy going on or bother me on my skin.

I use the medium shade for my NC25ish skin. Again, just a tiny amout.

i imagine this would be quite pasty and chalky if used on its own. But for my purposes....adding a tiny bit of coverage and eliminating that white cast....it is OK.

on 10/27/2013 5:07:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Bought this on a whim and tried it out today. Glad I wasn't going out of the house otherwise I would of had to wash my face immediately and start over. While the coverage was good, (I bought the lightest shade available) it was far too dark for my skin tone and makes it look like a fake tan on my skin and too thick . If only it was available in lighter shades, it might work but sadly that isn't the case, in the trash it goes :(

I bought this for 40% off at Rite Aid, thinking "What the heck, that's a decent price" and purchased it in the lightest shade (Fair, I believe--I'm NC20). I had read a ton of reviews on here before buying it, and still felt it was a safe bet.

Well, needless to say, I returned it and wouldn't purchase again. It was thick, cakey, didn't want to spread well, and looked patchy on me all day (over moisturizer and primer). I didn't much like the smell, either. The shade match was ok, I will give it that. I have combo skin and my dry spots did NOT like this at all, plus it left me shiny in the T zone. Definitely not worth the regular price of $14/tube. I didn't touch the brush it came with.

on 8/15/2013 11:49:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is the only drugstore foundation out there that says it is gluten-free.

It's very matte, which is great if you have oily skin. It works well on very pale skin if you have the "Fair" shade and apply it with a light hand. It actually cleared up my face, somewhat.

This is very good stuff, and I'm very grateful that it exists.

Also, it's a rosacea cure, and it will make your pores smaller. (Visibly smaller.) The first ingredient is zinc oxide, which is an old-timey cure for rosacea--and it works!!!

on 7/20/2013 3:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I bought the "Light" color and it was just way too dark and orange on me. It's a shame because I liked a lot about the product. The packaging was great; I am a big fan of tubes. The foundation comes out like a thick mousse, but spreads easily on skin. The finish is quite matte, almost powdery. I never used the brush it came with, just my fingers.

I think this was about $15, which is expensive for drugstore foundation. But at least you do get a decent amount of it (I routinely pay $14 for my Revlon Colorstay Whipped makeup, and you don't get as much product for the money).