September 21, 2014 | 963 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Caviar Stick Eye Colour - Khaki

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by henrysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

As I have aged, I find that I cannot do a dramatic, detailed eye shadow application anymore. Partly because of my vision (!), but mostly because the droopiness of my eye area. The three and four shadow looks just don't look good on me anymore, plus I really hate putting on eyeliner pencils (and forget liquid!). A few months ago I did a major purging of my makeup collection, keeping only the few eyeshadows that I knew looked good and were easy to use. Since that time, I have used this pencil at least 5 days out of 7 and still love it. I find the color is a great neutral for me (greenish eyes), very flattering. There is a tiny bit of sparkle to it, but not enough to notice except on very close observation, and certainly not enough for us older ladies to be put off. I put it on over Painterly paint pot as a primer and it lasts all day and into the night without wearing off, however my lids are not particulary oily. I use it to make a wide line as a liner, and smudge it upwards to sheer out as shadow. You do need to move fairly quickly, as once this stuff sets it doesn't move. I also have the cocoa caviar stick, which I love as well, but it is darker overall. Will definitely re-buy as it is my new HG neutral shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by CharacterofLife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh yes come to mama. I waited so long to try one of these because I usually do not buy makeup that cost much. I kept trying to find cheaper alternatives that would do what these caviar sticks would do. I wasted a ton of money, I should have just ordered a basic color to try long ago!

Pros: Long Lasting
Creamy & Non Tugging
Very Pigmented
Multi Useful
Nice Range Of Shade Options

Only Con: Price is a bit high

Color Description For Khaki: Medium Toasted Golden Olive = In a nut shell it's equal parts brown, green, and golden.

The color khaki to me is a medium toasted golden olive. It isn't oblivious green, or golden. It has a brown tone but isn't just brown. It works really well with my eyes which or blue. I have light olive skin and this color really works well to make my eyes pop and to show a goldeness my skin tone. (It's winter time right now and I am at my most pale. This seems to bring out the warmth in my skin tone.)

Khaki is a great color to try out. It's not too dark, not to light. I use it for a smudgy define eye look. I have been wearing a dark line on my top lid for over 20 years (I'm 35 and have been wearing makeup daily since I was around 15) and the look I've always done stopped appealing to me. It didn't feel right but not doing it didn't feel right either, er!
This product creates the perfect balance between a blunt line or a bare eye. When you smudge this it keeps the eye well defined but not taken over.

I will be getting many, many, mucho more!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by strangelove_addiction

I picked this up after seeing all the rave reviews on MUA but was not impressed. Great colour and creamy formula, but it does not stay put and gives me raccoon eyes within a few hours, even with primer. Note, I have particularly oily eyelids, so this may work for others, but I would not recommend this for anyone with oily eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

really love this!! it is very unique. this is perfect for asian oily hooded monolids. stays on very snug, the liner you can go thick or thin as you like, it stays on very good, and still bendable when you need to but you need to do it very quickly before it sets in. the product is very soft and silky and it is not harsh on our delicate eye area. it could really replace the eyeshadow or you could use both to compliment each other and add staying power. i am very happy i have tried this. i find that the regular eye liner is too thin for hooded monolids as we have to make a very thick line to see the difference for hooded monolids. the pencil liner always bleed, the liquid is a pain to use, this thing is just perfect.

color wise, i thought the black smokey would work better but it is too harsh on the skin it seems. i have pale asian skin and find that the khaki fits perfect oddly, it doesnt seem to show any green on the skin but rather almost black. khaki is even better than the brown or black color, strange enough.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by chickeeduck

Yes, this is HG stuff.
This is a nice greenish brown colour that lends itself to soften and enhance brown eyes. I usually wear black eyeliner, but have recently found the darkest black eyeliner I used to favour in my younger years tend to make me look harsh. It is not a colour I would have chosen by myself and quite frankly the name was what steered me away from it, (sounds boring) but the SA tried it on me and when I looked at how it opened my eyes, I was done.

The wear is the most exciting part of this product. I have oily eye lids. This product does not budge. If you want to blend it, you do need to be quick because it sets quickly, and will not smudge so I do not end up looking like I got beat up later in the day. It does not say it is waterproof as I remove it with regular eye makeup remover, but it stays put in light rain and sporty activities, ie. jogging. I have the Bobbi Brown eye colour sticks and although I like the colours, the quality of the stick is harder and does not glide as smoothly. Laura Mercier is a superior product on me.

I apply this using an eyeliner brush for a controlled and subtle look. For evenings this can simply be applied straight from the pen and blended with a brush for a smoky eye. Great for throwing in the bag, it literally makes a lot of my eye shadow obsolete. Thinking of getting a second to keep in my bag at all times.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by jodmeister

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this color. This is the cream version of MAC's Club eye shadow only so much better. It applies to the green side of brown but blends out more brown. Club creased on me like crazy, even with eye shadow primer. This does not. Because I have oily eyelids, I still need to use primer though. I will definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been on the fence about these new Mercier's caviar sticks and finally took the plunge on the color called Khaki. Some say it's green, gold, brown. Well, I've determined it definitely is a wonderful warm brown, not stark, nor do I see flecks. But then, I'm not watching this caviar during the course of the day! However, let me just say:

* it lasts a good 12 hours without fading or smudging or traveling southbound on the face
* the color is just right, not stark
* the caviar doubles as a eyeshadow or a liner. I use a fine tiny liner brush and rub on the tip of this caviar stick and am able to do a pretty good tightlining or close to it.
* it's easily removed with my Sonia Kashuk eye makeup remover

I will definitely venture into the other caviar colors. Love, love, love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

This product looks like dirt - and I mean that in a good way! Khaki is an amazing colour mash up of green, brown and grey (didn't I say dirt?) that looks very natural even though it is a dark colour and makes my blue eyes (slight green undertone) look fabulous. The formula just glides on and since it is a stick you don't need a brush. I create a floating line slightly above my crease and distribute with my fingers. Nice edgy look. Work fast as this is a long lasting formula but it is very easy to work with. You can do a bright eyeliner with this and it balances it out really well (Try Urban Decay in Mainline - a teal) I have been working diligently at getting my makeup kit whittled down to an assortment that is minimal but gorgeous and this is going in. It is taking me a long time to curate though. So far the winners are LM caviar shadow in khaki, Chanel long wear liner in celadon, Nars long wear shadow in black, Maybelline Falsies mascara (dual brush), Fresh lip colour in Petal, Bobbi Brown lip liner in brownie, Bobbi Brown shadow in grey for brows. No entrants for blush yet. If you have the "blues" get this colour!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a wonderful product. Freshly applied, you can smudge it. Once it sets, it sets. I have oily hooded lids and this really stays put on me. I love the color. It's a brown khaki. For under eye application, I use a flat liner brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

im not sure if i would repurchase, will have to keep experimenting but for now this is what i think: its a beautiful khaki color, a dark forest green mixed with brown, i see gold flecks. its very difficult to get a precise line as the crayon is very creamy and glides on like butter. it doesn't set fast so you have time to smudge. oily lid gals definitely use a primer with this. i will update once i use this more but for now, its really nice, creamy and fantastic color payoff. you will have to use a brush to take some color off the tip if you want to use this as an eyeliner.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No