April 21, 2014 | 1166 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - REVLON COLORSTAY CRÈME GEL EYE LINER (all colors)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Weda124

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the best gel eyeliner ever. i can create winged eyes so effortlesly with this. and it isnt cakey. i highly reccomend it especially if your like me and you find liquid eyeliner difficult to use

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by BethanyBez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Due to the bottle shape, I thought I was buying liquid liner when I picked this up. When I got home and realized it was a gel, I let out a groan. I'd tried gel liner before and always found it to be cakey, crumbly, and just plain hard to put on. It never seemed to glide on like liquid liner. But this stuff actually goes on smoothly and easily, and really does stay put all day. I still prefer liquid liner, as I think it gives a more elegant look that you can manipulate a bit more in terms of thickness, but this gel is much more mistake proof than liquid liners. I think the packaging, while misleading in my case, is cute and sturdy. I guess my big complaint would be that you really have to get a good amount of product on the brush in order for the color to go on properly. You kind of have to jam the brush in there. You can't just lightly coat the bristles (which are not bristly, but very smooth). This makes me wonder how long the product will really last.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

3.5 Rating...I wrote a review for this months ago (end of Sept 2013) for the black liner specifically, but things have changed. @ 1st I did not like it @ all & could only use it for my water-line(s) as it burned my left lid...Then it just dried right up. I said to myself, hold on & let it last 6 mo as I paid near $15 CAD (have no idea why cosmetics cost more in Toronto, probably taxes). Anyhow, I put it in boiling water for 2 min. Then let it sit in room temp for an entire day before re-opening & it was as good as new!! Even better as it totally glides on now & the consistency has never been better! The things one learns on Youtube (lol). End of MAR 2014 is when I'll toss it as I bought it end of Sept. Love the staying power, love the thick bold line, but cannot do thinner lines (my fault most-likely) w/ it. The packaging smart but won't stay put, I often find the top off, the formula gets stiff after 3 wks. I like way it looks on tho. I'm new to Gel liner, so won't re-purchase only b/c I want to try other brands such as Maybelline as I've read & heard they've got a good one or MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by therealiluvbmx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always wanted to be able to draw thin thin lines on my eyes, and this stuff is amazing. I have double lids but my eyes are not huge, so if I draw a normal line for most people, my eyes just looks too closed up and my double lids looks gone.

I tried pencil, it's still too hard to draw a thin line with it, then I tried those so called extreme thin liners, that didn't work out, yeah some can give me a thin line but the staying power is horrible and it takes forever to dry.

I never wanted to try gel liners because whenever I watch girls doing their makeup on youtube, they always do cat eyes or thick liners with gel eyeliners. But I got desperate and gave this a try, and I was sooooo happy that I did. The brush is tiny and the brush head is dense, and I can draw thin lines!!! The staying power is awesome and it lasts all day. Besides drawing thin lines, the brush head allowed me to also draw thick lines and wing it out no problem. I would recommend this!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by YEAHAnGiE

I wont recommend this product! The blackest black is like more dark grey, after like 3 weeks the product get super clumpy and its hard to work with. The staying power is amazing though. I won't repurchase this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by teeisblue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Colorstay foundation and concealer AND lipstick. But this... I'm so torn over it. Once I finally get it on evenly, it looks ok and it does last all day. However the consistency is very dry, the tiny brush is a joke, the design of the pot makes it hard to get it on the brush evenly, and Plum is sparkly, which I hate. So if I was hard up I might buy this again, but there's really better gel liners. I adore L'Oréal Infallible but there is no purple! This wasn't quite as dry textured as Maybelline but still nothing to write home about.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by TucsonKat

I love this stuff!!! I just bought it today and I may go back and get more colors. I bought the charcoal and find the coverage is perfect. I often find that liquid liner is too harsh looking on me with my light skin, light eyes, and dark hair and the wetness of liquid just makes it hard for me to apply. Regular liner usually smudges on me. The gel liner was a breeze. The little brush is well constructed for the product and I was easily able to whip it on with a little wing. I hope the staying power is up to snuff, but for someone who just wants to swipe and go and still be a little glamorous, I'm not opposed to reapplying a little later for a big bang in the morning.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by katherinebertrand

Bought this because I wanted some gel eyeliner and honestly it wasn't fantastic. Bad texture, hard to work with, brush fitted in the top was useless and fell out and it dried up too quickly. It did have good staying power though and was a good colour although I expected better from Revlon and I wouldn't recommend it, the Maybelline Gel Eyeliner is a million times better and easier to work with!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Lynneden

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a couple months ago, I have to say I like the little brush that came with it was convenient. It was also on the cheaper side and it was my first time trying gel eyeliner. Anyways, I always applied pencil eyeliner under revlon cs, and it stayed on decently well, didn't smudge for quite a few hours. Which is lucky for me because I have oily eyelids. The problems with cs is that it's not a smooth application, at all. It's hard to make that nice cat eye design without it looking bumpy when using cs. When you use it on it's own though, it smudges a lot during the day. I didn't mind this product, but I don't think I'd buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased the brown colour which has mica, which is not bad, it doesn't feel uncomfortable or gritty when you apply it on. I bought this online because I couldn't find one locally. I thought it would be great for travelling with the little brush attached on the lid, which is very similar to my Tony Moly liner.

Sadly, this eyeliner is near useless to me as a eyeliner. Although it is easy to apply & does not irritate my sensitive eyes, it doesn't seem to dry & set. The colour is a light brown - not opaque at all, so you need to apply several layers. For me, this wouldn't even stay on the waterline. To make best use of this, I would use it as a base for a smokey eye, which I don't wear often.
The worst part of this eyeliner is the packaging. There isn't much product, so the jar is VERY small & deep. You have to dip pretty deep to get any product on your brush. I found I overshoot & end up with a big blob on my brush.

I have a picture of the product compared to my other gel eyeliner packages. Don't get me wrong, I have used other smaller jars, but this jar is such horrid to work with. It was so bad it compelled me to take a picture of it, lol.