July 28, 2014 | 1230 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - REVLON COLORSTAY CRÈME GEL EYE LINER (all colors)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by peachhsorbet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used quite a few gel eyeliners, and this is by far the worst. If you're looking for a decent gel eyeliner that is affordable, I's recommend maybelline's 24 hour gel liner.

First of all, the packaging is utterly ridiculous. It was really difficult to open the lid. I don't like the brush either as it's too small, however the lid (which serves as a handle too) makes this easier.

In terms of staying power, which I'm sure everyone wants, this product is useless. It stays on but only barely, it does smudge easily if you touch it.

The colour is also not vibrant enough for me. Even though it is black I expect solid colour. However this product takes multiple applications going over what I've done in order for the colour to look more solid. It is slightly opaque. It just doesn't go on very well at all, I hate it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by moonstonebeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner, good quality and good price. I've been using it quite a while and it's my favorite, it's smooth and easy to use for whatever look I want!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by LongBeachGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very good liner. Glides on smoothly and stays put. Excellent bottle design with built in brush. Have this in brown which has minuscule gold flecks. Very eye brightening.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Like the reviewer below, I actually bought this by mistake; I was in a rush at Ulta and thought this was liquid because of the packaging. However, I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I found the brush included to actually be very helpful in applying a thin and accurate line, . I bought this in brown, and the product does not cake and is not too dark for my fair skin. My only complaint is that it doesn't last super long on the corners of my eyes, but does ok in the middle. Because of this, I'll finish the jar, but probably won't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this by mistake from drugstore.com, ordered it in Plum and thought I might as well try it before I sent it back. This has to be the worst packaging I've ever seen. The brush is very tiny and it is useless. Based on the size of the bottle opening, I had a hard time finding the right type of brush to fit inside the bottle. I finally settled on an e.l.f. Essential Eyeliner Brush because I thought this would be an easy choice to attempt to tightline my eyes.

This creme eyeliner is clumpy and didn't work well for tightlining. As I was attempting to tightline, most of the liner kept ending up in my eyes and on my lower lids. My eyes looked bruised ~ It wasn't exactly the look I was going for and the color Plum is way too dark. Based on the amount of product, I think it's terribly overpriced. Needless to say, this purchase was a disappointment and its going back...I'm going back to Maybelline or e.l.f. gel liners.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Weda124

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the best gel eyeliner ever. i can create winged eyes so effortlesly with this. and it isnt cakey. i highly reccomend it especially if your like me and you find liquid eyeliner difficult to use

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by BethanyBez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Due to the bottle shape, I thought I was buying liquid liner when I picked this up. When I got home and realized it was a gel, I let out a groan. I'd tried gel liner before and always found it to be cakey, crumbly, and just plain hard to put on. It never seemed to glide on like liquid liner. But this stuff actually goes on smoothly and easily, and really does stay put all day. I still prefer liquid liner, as I think it gives a more elegant look that you can manipulate a bit more in terms of thickness, but this gel is much more mistake proof than liquid liners. I think the packaging, while misleading in my case, is cute and sturdy. I guess my big complaint would be that you really have to get a good amount of product on the brush in order for the color to go on properly. You kind of have to jam the brush in there. You can't just lightly coat the bristles (which are not bristly, but very smooth). This makes me wonder how long the product will really last.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

3.5 Rating...I wrote a review for this months ago (end of Sept 2013) for the black liner specifically, but things have changed. @ 1st I did not like it @ all & could only use it for my water-line(s) as it burned my left lid...Then it just dried right up. I said to myself, hold on & let it last 6 mo as I paid near $15 CAD (have no idea why cosmetics cost more in Toronto, probably taxes). Anyhow, I put it in boiling water for 2 min. Then let it sit in room temp for an entire day before re-opening & it was as good as new!! Even better as it totally glides on now & the consistency has never been better! The things one learns on Youtube (lol). End of MAR 2014 is when I'll toss it as I bought it end of Sept. Love the staying power, love the thick bold line, but cannot do thinner lines (my fault most-likely) w/ it. The packaging smart but won't stay put, I often find the top off, the formula gets stiff after 3 wks. I like way it looks on tho. I'm new to Gel liner, so won't re-purchase only b/c I want to try other brands such as Maybelline as I've read & heard they've got a good one or MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by therealiluvbmx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always wanted to be able to draw thin thin lines on my eyes, and this stuff is amazing. I have double lids but my eyes are not huge, so if I draw a normal line for most people, my eyes just looks too closed up and my double lids looks gone.

I tried pencil, it's still too hard to draw a thin line with it, then I tried those so called extreme thin liners, that didn't work out, yeah some can give me a thin line but the staying power is horrible and it takes forever to dry.

I never wanted to try gel liners because whenever I watch girls doing their makeup on youtube, they always do cat eyes or thick liners with gel eyeliners. But I got desperate and gave this a try, and I was sooooo happy that I did. The brush is tiny and the brush head is dense, and I can draw thin lines!!! The staying power is awesome and it lasts all day. Besides drawing thin lines, the brush head allowed me to also draw thick lines and wing it out no problem. I would recommend this!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by YEAHAnGiE

I wont recommend this product! The blackest black is like more dark grey, after like 3 weeks the product get super clumpy and its hard to work with. The staying power is amazing though. I won't repurchase this product again.