September 19, 2014 | 1917 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Fortified Skin Enhancer - Illuminate

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by ShailjaVashisht

I have dry skin tone, and this primer works best on it. It gives my face a smooth flawless apperance which you can check in this post here. MAC Prep+prime review !. I apply this primer both with makeup and without makeup. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by tagg

Felt nice enough on and I liked the lack of silicone. No discernible shimmer (good) but didn't notice any real "illumination" either. It didn't really stop me from getting oily after a few hours but the worst thing is that 3 days after trying it I have two of the biggest, most painful and hideous hard cysts you can imagine. It HAS to be from this product because everything else I've put on my face is stuff I've been using for years. I'm an oldie and I haven't had zits like this in over 30 years. Gross.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by fayeonaise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used the skin enhancer on myself and my clients since MAC changed the formula of Prep+Prime SPF 50. It's the closest thing to the old formulation of P+P in regards to priming my skin and making my makeup stay put. The pink tone does wonders for evening out my skin. When paired wih Revlon CS for oily skin & MAC blot powder, I have a flawless face and make up that lasts 12+ hours. While its a great product and I'm stil on the hunt for an HG primer.

**If I do my make by 8 am, a little bit of shine breaks through on my nose around late afternoon.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by bribi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Way disappointed. This primer gives my already ruddy complexion an even more warm appearence. I find myself wasting foundation with multiple layers trying to cover the problems this primer creates. The "illuminating" title seems like a generous word for "greasy." I don't have skin problems and I never break out but since using this I have acne on my jawline, possibly from having to use too much foundation.
Also ive noticed that it does not extend the wear of my makeup. It seems to just slide off, even with my sweat-proof ben nye neutral set on top.
Ill use it, cuz I spent so much money on it but ill probably go back to the l'oreal perfecting primer once its gone

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by LiiisaV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This products claim to calm and soothe the skin, blot away excess oil, and evens out skin redness. But does nothing of that sort. I was very disappointed with this primer. Nothing special about it. I have a very VERY oily t-zone and it would keep my foundation on nicely for about an hour or two , BUT after those two hours I can already see that my foundation is starting to slide around. Most times i found that touching up my makeup did no good because it would look cakey and slide around my face as well. With that said this would have to be the first product I've purchased from MAC that I PERSONALLY did not like.
I would probably recommend this for people who aren't as oily and doesn't need much coverage or have much fine lines or wrinkles. If you're like me and have extra oily face, a few fine lines then this is not the product for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by shalineko

This primer is just okay. Nothing spectacular, nothing awful, it just does what it says it is supposed to do, which is prime your skin for foundation with minimal color correction. The packaging is great. I don't know that it really makes a difference as far as increasing foundation wear. All this being said, I would probably not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by herngc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty bummed out and Dissapointed about this product. At first I loved it. It actually smells and feels like a sunscreen than a primer. I thought this product was overall okay until recently when I was at an event and took a couple flash photos. Because of the high SPF in it, it left my skin with a ghostly glow in the pictures. I expect a lot more out of this product because of the price but sadly I'm not blown away.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by SkinnyCow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a huge fan of MAC's prep n prime spf 50 primer. Its one of few very true HG's for me. So the fact that this was also Prep n Prime was intriguing. I wish the SA I spoke to knew more about it. Yea, I guess its a color corrector - Illuminate is really kind of just a brightener, the other MAC skin enhancers are true color correctors - but I wanted to know if it was a primer also. I am thinking it is.

I mix this with my other MAC primer and I really love it. Its not grossly shimmery - I am 44 and I don't do well with shimmer / glitter really. Its brightening and illuminating as the name indicates. I put it all over my face with my primer and go back and put a little more around my eye area, which is usually the darkest part of my face. Its not overly liquidy - its lighter than the primer but its not wet on your face or anything.

$30 for 1oz. I did put I would repurchase. I use such a small amount and wear make up so infrequently that I would not be purchasing again soon, but I do like it.

I think for others who want a true color corrector, look at the other skin enhancers, the quality of the Illuminate is good, so hopefully the others are as well.