Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Lolita

4.2

on 7/13/2015 10:46:00 AM

i wanted to love this shade! All the hype around it, how it looks good on everyone. But sadly not me.

I wanted this to be a dusty rose/mauvy/nudey color, like how i see it look on so many other people, but on me its, grayish, purplish, muddish?? I guess its possible i got a bad batch.

I might be able to pull this off in the fall/winter.But it just looked so unnatural on me, like i was trying to look goth.

I gave it to my mom, and on her its absolute PERFECTION, it is her perfect, everyday nude.

This was my first product from this line, and i love the formula! It goes on so easy, like a cream, dries to awesome matte finish and the lasting power is AMAZING! I see she is releasing 4 new shades this summer(possibly this month??) and two of the shades look appealing to me.

on 7/2/2015 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've been searching high and low for Lolita at Sephora. It's always sold out, even online! But I finally managed to get my hands on it the other day, and I'm in love.

This is a color that would look good on any skin tone. I'm a medium toned and I love the way it looks on me. By far, the best lipstick shade I own.

However, the only downside is, I find myself licking my lips a lot because it's quite drying. Like any other liquid lipstick. But it's not something that bothers me too much.

It's super long lasting, even through food or drinks.

I'll definitely be stocking up whenever I can get my hands on Lolita again.

on 7/1/2015 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

So after all the hype about this product i decided to go and purchase one. First impressions are just ok, I think the packaging is a bit of a let down, it comes in a thin tube - surely we aren't getting a lot of product in this?
The main reason I purchased this is because of the shade and I was expecting it to last well however I was proved wrong. I put this lipstick on and after about an hour it started to rub off and go all flaky! It was horrible as it looked like I had all dark flaky bits on my lips! I attempted to reapply but that seemed to make the flaky-ness worse. Don't get me wrong it's a lovely shade however the term 'everlasting' which is stated in the title is far from the truth!! I've had better creamy lipsticks stay on better than this! Something obviously isn't right as well considering this shade was relaunched 3 times...

Overall- would NOT buy again
I would say try this first to definitely make sure you want it

on 6/24/2015 2:12:00 PM

This is the type of color that would look different on every skin tone however I do believe because of that fact, this color would suit everyone in its own way. On to the quality, this liquid lipstick goes on smoothly and it's really easy to put on. My only complaint about it is that it takes a while to dry to a matte finish but other than that it's a great lipstick and it stays on forever.

on 6/22/2015 11:33:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE !!!! The reason i bought this liquid lipstick was because many youtubers & ppl on ig where raving about it and i actually really did like the color. I would'nt consider it a nude color because when you put it on it looks like you ARE wearing something. It's more of a medium brown slightly pinkish. It looks amazing with literally any eye color and i like to pair it with NYX pekaboo neutral or mahogany. I wear lolita almost everyday its my fave! It is long lasting of course if you eat or drink it will slightly come off but if not it will last a good amount of time.

on 6/21/2015 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I thought for sure this nude-ish, mauvy sort of dusty rose color was going to work for me based on all of the swatches and rave reviews. It looked amazing in all the photos and vids on people wearing it and it definitely looked as if it fit my skintone. Given all this, after abt the 999th review or vid I saw on it, I actually ran out to Sephora to pick it up. Boy-o-boy am I glad I got to try this on/out in person as opposed to an online order which would have been disappointing!

Lolita is really unflattering on my NC30/35 skin tone. It looks very nude with that grayish cast to it - all of the color was washed outta my face. I just didn't understand because it really appeared like a sort of mish mash of many of my fave beige shades and mauve shades in swatches. The formulation itself was incredibly dry and difficult to apply evenly. This also felt terrible on my lips. Again, so glad I got to try it before buying it!

Ok so to be fair I have heard there were some color changes to this shade so perhaps that's the issue for me. However, that doesn't explain the crappy formulation and feel. It was really dry - as in uncomfortably drying in a way which I am sure would make my lips hate me. To be honest this felt cheap, certainly not like a $22 lippie should. So even if I found a color I liked in this line I still wouldn't be able to give it a positive review because of the yukky feel and drying effect.

on 6/20/2015 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love love love this color! Sometimes this lippie is too dry or does not go on smoothly, but with a color like this I live with that.

on 6/19/2015 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Oh Lolita! The "darling" of every Youtube makeup "guru" in existence! So is this lippie worth the hype? I'm going go and say yes it is. Lolita is a very soft dusty rose. A nice mix of brown and pink. And yes it is WOC friendly. In fact this is probably one of the few products out there that's universally flattering. Like the rest of KVD's Everlasting lippies, this goes on VERY matte (which I love). Also, unlike Vampira, Lolita isn't as patchy. Could be because it's not as dark? In any case, if you're in the market for a new nude lip, give this one a try!

on 6/12/2015 1:41:00 PM

I saw people wearing this on YouTube and Instagram, and it looked like a beautiful color. In fact, whenever I apply this and look in the mirror, I think what a beautiful color it is. It's a warm-leaning mauve. I have to apply many layers for it to show up, and it is not long wearing at all. It also is not very comfortable. After it dries down to matte, I'm constantly licking my lips because they feel dry. If I apply gloss on top, it defeats the purpose. I get much better performance from less expensive lipsticks. I don't get it. I'm glad it works for other people, but not me. I'm probably returning it.

on 6/9/2015 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is a good product that performs well and does exactly what it says it will do. Purchased this at Sephora where I chose the liquid lipstick over the lipstick in Lolita because the rustiness of the liquid lipstick was more up my alley than the lipstick version. I understand there have been some quality control issues where different batches of this have been different colors. This batch works for me. It is a perfect MLBB for my NW45 complexion and I love it. Thing is, this probably will not be purchased again even if I lost it as I prefer something a bit more moisturizing. Not that it completely dries my lips out. This actually happens to be a formula that is the least drying of the ones I have tried. I just wouldn't repurchase as it will last a long time in my stash.

Popular Lipsticks

Velvet Teddy
Velvet Teddy
Liquid Lipstick
Liquid Lipstick

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick First Impression Review by BeautynLifewSue

Recommended for Medium Skin