Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Lolita

4.2

on 2/18/2015 3:58:00 PM

I was looking for a long-wearing lipcolor in a neutral color, and this one has been so popular at Sephora that I decided to see what the hype was all about. It is a dark rose brown, which is not terribly flattering against my N/NW10-15 skin. I also find it difficult to apply, and not very comfortable on my lips. It does have very good staying power, which for me is a bad thing since I have difficulty applying it evenly. I will be returning it.

on 2/11/2015 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

LADIES, IF YOU RECEIVED THE MUDDY BROWN SHADE, READ!

When I first purchased this color last year I was very disappointed. It was definitely not a dusty rose shade. It was more of an unflattering, dark, muddy brown. I had thrown away my receipt so I felt like I couldn't return it. I left a negative review about this shade on Sephora last month, stating that the shade I received was not the Lolita that was being advertised. Yesterday, Sephora sent me a replacement stating that they read my review and confirmed that the lipstick I received was in fact a bad batch. I knew it! The Lolita that they sent me is the Lolita I expected to receive the first time around. The shade is the most beautiful dusty rose.

-Ladies, if you're one of the many who received the muddy brown shade, contact Sephora. Who knows? You might get a free replacement!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this liquid lip stick! I know this lipstick comes off different on certain people from a rosey brownish color to a more rosey pinkish color. On me it looks more like a rosey brownish and it looks amazing on olive medium dark skin tones. I love that it drys matte and a must have. If you find it get pack ups because it's sells out so fast and hard to come across again.

on 12/29/2014 4:25:00 PM

I found this lipstick very "meh", I really wanted to love it but it just didn't do all that much for me, I found it dried my lips out a LOT and just didn't give me that much colour pay off :(

on 12/22/2014 6:02:00 PM

I waited and waited for Sephora to get this color back in stock. I have Outlaw and Vampira and love them. From the pictures I saw, this looked like it was going to be a perfect rosy brown. I got them today (I ordered two since it's a color that's always out of stock) and was very disappointed. The color in the tube looked much darker than any photo I've seen of this color (even the one at the top of this review). It is brown. No rosy as far as I can see. Maybe it's a brown gray. So I put it on thinking that maybe it changed color on the lips. Nope. Brown - Gray/Brown. It made me look more like a vampire than vampira (which I love). My husband came home (who's used to seeing me with bold lip colors on) and said "What do you have on your lips?!"

This color is so muddy, and as I said looks nothing like any of the examples I Googled, that it makes me wonder if it is a bad batch, or they intentionally changed the color.

on 12/19/2014 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I hate lip glosses or anything that looks anything like a lip gloss, so when I picked this up I was soooo nervous. The colour payoff is AMAZING, one swipe is all you need and you have a nice strong lip. This colour IS misleading, says its a dusty rose, looks exactly like that in the bottle but once it dries on your lips the grey undertone becomes super visible, although its still a stunning colour. This stuff doesnt budge, stays put all day and feels so comfortable (although I would moisturize your lips before and keep a nice light moisturizer on hand, on the drier side)

Kat Von D keeps impressing me, havent been let down with any of her products!
$24.00 CAD

on 12/13/2014 1:23:00 PM

This shade in paticular looked like a dead pink rose on my olive n30 skin. Meaning it was a very muted rose (maybe a bit grayish)
The formula is fantastic though. It wears like iron and very comfortable on the lips. No flaking like with Vampira and opaque in one swipe.
I usually hate liquid lipsticks because even when theyre dry they feel mask like on your lips but this one I forget it's there.

I would not repurchase this shade because it looked pretty bad on me.

on 11/10/2014 10:59:00 PM

I'm fair skinned with neutral undertones and this looked brown on me. No hint of rose what so ever. I'm disappointed because of the great reviews it got and I had to order it online at Sephora because the stores stayed out of stock on this.... and it just didn't work on me. I tried topping it with a pink lipgloss/lipstick, but then it made me look like I had lined my lips with brown lip liner, which was worse. I think it's pretty drying on the lips, as with her lipsticks too. Even after it has dried it still has a slight tacky feel to it that was kind of strange. Definitely have to exfoliate your lips before putting this on because any dry areas will be noticeable. It's very pigmented and a little goes a long way.

on 9/18/2014 4:17:00 AM

OMG this stuff is amazing. It dries to the most beautiful matte finish. It is insanely pigmented so one swipe and your good to go. It is a beautiful brownish tone with a hint of pink. I love it and it almost reminds me of the kiley jenner lip trend going on right now.

Since it is a matte lipstick it can dry out your lips but honestly i haven't noticed or recall any significant dryness. If you do have overly dry lips just exfoliate and put some lip balm on underneath and you'll be fine.

Popular Lipsticks

Velvet Teddy
provocalips

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick First Impression Review by BeautynLifewSue

Recommended for Medium Skin