Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Lolita

4.2

on 6/24/2015 2:12:00 PM

This is the type of color that would look different on every skin tone however I do believe because of that fact, this color would suit everyone in its own way. On to the quality, this liquid lipstick goes on smoothly and it's really easy to put on. My only complaint about it is that it takes a while to dry to a matte finish but other than that it's a great lipstick and it stays on forever.

on 6/22/2015 11:33:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE !!!! The reason i bought this liquid lipstick was because many youtubers & ppl on ig where raving about it and i actually really did like the color. I would'nt consider it a nude color because when you put it on it looks like you ARE wearing something. It's more of a medium brown slightly pinkish. It looks amazing with literally any eye color and i like to pair it with NYX pekaboo neutral or mahogany. I wear lolita almost everyday its my fave! It is long lasting of course if you eat or drink it will slightly come off but if not it will last a good amount of time.

on 6/21/2015 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I thought for sure this nude-ish, mauvy sort of dusty rose color was going to work for me based on all of the swatches and rave reviews. It looked amazing in all the photos and vids on people wearing it and it definitely looked as if it fit my skintone. Given all this, after abt the 999th review or vid I saw on it, I actually ran out to Sephora to pick it up. Boy-o-boy am I glad I got to try this on/out in person as opposed to an online order which would have been disappointing!

Lolita is really unflattering on my NC30/35 skin tone. It looks very nude with that grayish cast to it - all of the color was washed outta my face. I just didn't understand because it really appeared like a sort of mish mash of many of my fave beige shades and mauve shades in swatches. The formulation itself was incredibly dry and difficult to apply evenly. This also felt terrible on my lips. Again, so glad I got to try it before buying it!

Ok so to be fair I have heard there were some color changes to this shade so perhaps that's the issue for me. However, that doesn't explain the crappy formulation and feel. It was really dry - as in uncomfortably drying in a way which I am sure would make my lips hate me. To be honest this felt cheap, certainly not like a $22 lippie should. So even if I found a color I liked in this line I still wouldn't be able to give it a positive review because of the yukky feel and drying effect.

on 6/20/2015 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love love love this color! Sometimes this lippie is too dry or does not go on smoothly, but with a color like this I live with that.

on 6/19/2015 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Oh Lolita! The "darling" of every Youtube makeup "guru" in existence! So is this lippie worth the hype? I'm going go and say yes it is. Lolita is a very soft dusty rose. A nice mix of brown and pink. And yes it is WOC friendly. In fact this is probably one of the few products out there that's universally flattering. Like the rest of KVD's Everlasting lippies, this goes on VERY matte (which I love). Also, unlike Vampira, Lolita isn't as patchy. Could be because it's not as dark? In any case, if you're in the market for a new nude lip, give this one a try!

on 6/12/2015 1:41:00 PM

I saw people wearing this on YouTube and Instagram, and it looked like a beautiful color. In fact, whenever I apply this and look in the mirror, I think what a beautiful color it is. It's a warm-leaning mauve. I have to apply many layers for it to show up, and it is not long wearing at all. It also is not very comfortable. After it dries down to matte, I'm constantly licking my lips because they feel dry. If I apply gloss on top, it defeats the purpose. I get much better performance from less expensive lipsticks. I don't get it. I'm glad it works for other people, but not me. I'm probably returning it.

on 6/9/2015 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is a good product that performs well and does exactly what it says it will do. Purchased this at Sephora where I chose the liquid lipstick over the lipstick in Lolita because the rustiness of the liquid lipstick was more up my alley than the lipstick version. I understand there have been some quality control issues where different batches of this have been different colors. This batch works for me. It is a perfect MLBB for my NW45 complexion and I love it. Thing is, this probably will not be purchased again even if I lost it as I prefer something a bit more moisturizing. Not that it completely dries my lips out. This actually happens to be a formula that is the least drying of the ones I have tried. I just wouldn't repurchase as it will last a long time in my stash.

on 5/26/2015 8:30:00 PM

such an amazing color and its matte perfection! it stays on forever and that's why I think its worth it. the price is a bit much for the amount but it stays put and last so its a plus!

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

i brought this lipstick because i was in search for something different and woolah. this is a very beautiful color, it looks great on all women of all colors. if you are looking for that kylie jenner or anglina jolie lips than this is it. its very liquified with a sponge lip applicator. so once you apply this lipstick you will need to give it a few mins so that it can dry but once its dries its a very matte finish and it stays put.( if you dont like that very matte dry feeling on your lips than this lipstick i probably would not purchase.) just use a liner of your choice and you are complete. would i purchase this again, yes i certainly would. well worth the money

on 4/24/2015 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OMG IT'S BACK! This has been out of stock at Sephora for MONTHS and Kat Von D announced on her Instagram this week that it would be back in stock on the site soon. So today, I went to Sephora to pick up NARS' Heat Wave and figured that I'd stop by the KVD display on the off chance that Lolita would be there. And HUZZAH! There it was!
First off, this shade is going to look quite different on everyone. On some, this will come off as a nude. On paler girls like myself, it's a medium brown. Against my olive undertones, this pulls a bit cool, morphing it into a gorgeous medium brown-taupe that is PERFECT for that gorgeous 90's lip that is so on-trend right now (thanks Kylie Jenner). I absolutely adore it.
The formula is consistent with the rest of the range in that it's weightless, not super-drying (surprising for a matte liquid lipstick) and when it's on, BOY does it stay there! I can eat non-greasy food, drink coffee and tea and water and whatever else, talk, do whatever, and this stuff doesn't budge. Go in for a kiss with my hubby? He doesn't end up wearing it too. It's the best formula on the market in my opinion in terms of lasting power and smudge-proofness (that's a word now, okay?).
The packaging is pretty and simple - no fancy applicator. Just a nice soft doe-foot in a slim, sleek tube that's great for travel.
It's $20 which is the going rate for good liquid lipsticks these days, so I can't complain too much. Besides, you don't walk into a Sephora expecting to get a bargain, do you?
Definitely will repurchase. May even go back to pick up a spare tube in case they run out indefinitely, as we've seen tends to be the case.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick First Impression Review by BeautynLifewSue

Recommended for Medium Skin