Paula's Choice shadow softening brush

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 10/3/2011 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is the same size as their Large Eyeshadow Brush, but the bristles are softer, so it picks up less product. Ideal for applying a single shade from lash to brow, which is what I usually do. EDIT: Just adding that I asked (on PC LiveChat) which shadow brush of theirs is best for crinkly, aging lids, and this is the one they recommended. Love the soft feel of the bristles, too.

on 1/4/2006 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This brush is great! I used to use all MAC brushes that I purchased 15 years ago. When I decided to buy new brushes, I purchased all Paula's Choice. I love them. They are equal in quality to MAC's, but soooo much cheaper. (I'm reviewing all the brushes by Paula I own and I just can't believe how good the quality is and how cheap they are!) I have the large eyeshadow brush that I used to use for my crease...the space between my lid and eyebrow is big. I now use Paula's shadow softening brush to apply by crease color and it goes on so smooth. I love this brush!

on 12/7/2005 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this brush based on the reviews here, and I'm so glad I did. I had no idea a brush could make my shadow look professionally applied. I apply my shadow with PC small eye shadow brush (the only other eye shadow brush I own right now), and then I use this soft, thick brush to blend and soften the shadow. The difference is incredible. I love this brush; it's good quality, and it's very reasonably priced at US$9.95. I received it just two days ago, and now I can't imagine doing my makeup without it.

Very soft and so affordable!
Excellent value from Paula.A must have for professional makeup application.

on 12/20/2003 2:28:00 PM

Great blending brush! Definitely recommended - especially for the awesome price!

on 10/26/2003 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is an excellent brush for blending, I use it on my MAC shadows and it does a pretty good job of softening any edges. However, my eye area is also sensitive and I find that sometimes the bristles seem to irritate my skin. Since that is probably no fault of the brush I didn't lower the rating, but if you have ultra sensitive skin you might find this one a bit unpleasant to use on occasion.

on 1/2/2003 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I *love* this eyeshadow brush! It's so soft and works extremely well. In fact, I just finished ordering a second one online, because I always like to have a "back up" of the things I love. It's a great brush, and very inexpensive as well.

on 10/24/2002 4:16:00 AM

Unbelievable! I've been looking for a smooth, wide brush to apply e/s all over my lid.. and most are either to small or hard to do it properly. This brush, however, blends e/s on beautifully and is wide enough to do it in a few strokes. LOVE it.

on 10/2/2002 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this brush from Paula's new collection and it is just amazing. It's a thick hair brush for blending purpose but very soft to feel. I love to use it for my matte eye shadows (especially darker colors)since they tend to be harder to blend. For those who have trouble with MAC's ultra dry finish, please give it a try. It really solves my problem. Plus, I paid nothing on shipping this time.

Popular Makeup Brushes