September 17, 2014 | 985 users online

Makeup Brushes - Etude - Duo Fibre Cheek Brush (Stippling Brush)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased the eyeshadow brushes & they are beautiful to use, they are soft, blends beautifully, keeps their shape well & did not shed. So I purchased this stippling brush (my first stippling brush) and a contour/blush brush. THIS brush is everything a previous reviewer said, it sheds like crazy, the water turns BLACK when I wash it (it stopped now...but it took a good 9 months!), brittles are soft on my hands but I do feet it's a bit coarse on my face. I am apprehensive about getting another stippling brush since I've had issues with this one. I thought maybe I got a defective brush, but seems like this brush isn't worth the try.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by lanzarote9012

I've bought this product twice, and both were soooo disappointing. I was looking for a stippling brush, and I read some Korean bloggers saying that this was good 187st brush. So I bought it, it's like...8$, ok price. And compared to the other 187st brushes around that are sold in Korea, it has softer white bristles. I have an innisfree one and it hurts. a lot.

So I used my revlon CS with this brush, and yes it actually gave good even coverage, and did have the airbrushed effect, it was a dream come true,,,UNTIL I WASHED IT. An insane amount of black dye comes out, no matter how many times I wash it. Eventually, I tried to dry it quickly with a dryer, like 90% dry, BUT THE DYE TRAVELS DOWN TO THE WHITE BRISTLES AND DYES THEM!!!! Oh also, the black bristles, they break. Pleasant right?
Seriously, it is so bad, and I thought this was a crappy one, so I tried another, and the same thing happened.
Don't buy it, it's just awful, the black dye bleeding, is just unforgivable.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by jcq

I've been looking for affordable stippling brush then I picked this one. it used to worked perfectly fine as my bb brush. it gave me very natural coverage and didn't make my combi skin looked patchy. however after washing my brush frequently, the black color from the brush faded together with the excess water. even when it's dry, the black dye sometimes mixed with my bb cream and painted my face gray. I don't think I can use this anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 7:11:00 AM More reviews by chynnadoll21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

So here I am thinking... how is it everyone is raving on about stippling brushes aka skunk brushes? I was intrigued so much so that I rushed out to purchase one.

I only managed to find one by Etude but I'd read some good reviews on it, some ppl even comparing it to their mac ones. But when I tried it, it made my foundation flaky and uneven.

Not giving up, (since it was only my first try) I checked out more Youtube tutorials on how to stipple and swirl.

Trying again with my mac mineralize satinfinish, (usually I blend with fingers) I still couldn't get the hang of it. My face looked streaky and patchy and the powder seemed to be clumping to areas on my skin. I DID NOT get the airbrushed effect everyone was raving about! I must've tried this 5/6 times before finally accepting that either I just CAN"T stipple or this brush mustn't be that great.

Well I am writing a review now because I just tried the brush again with my matte full coverage BB cream and OMIGOD!!! I couldn't believe that was me in the mirror! It's true what they say, my skin looks flawless and I finally achieved that airbrushed effect. *Ahem* I almost feel like an amateur makeup artist *lol* I tried the brush again with my MAC creme blush and swirled it on my cheeks. Very impressed with the again airbrushed effect.

So now, I am in love and for my first stippling brush, I am satisfied. For only BND20 + (Brunei Dollars) it's considered pricey here but not as much as MAC's brushes which doesn't retail here. Can't wait to try other skunks :)